The Dark Mod Forums

Fan Mission: No Honor Among Thieves (2010/04/29)

Goldchocobo

Grumble - Cures - Throw Hissy Fit - Expletive - Can't find way into either of the two Captains rooms on mission 3 - Please give very vague hints

LoL :laugh:

If I remember correctly..

Keys on belts are hard to spot but very important. This should give you a little progress. Furthermore, there's a well guarded door that one could bet his grandmother that is not sneakable.. but it is! :D

Grumble - Cures - Throw Hissy Fit - Expletive - Can't find way into either of the two Captains rooms on mission 3 - Please give very vague hints

Btw, did you know on 2nd floor there is a desk in an office that is backwards?

pretty sure the captain's key is on the captain himself, who is guarding the door at the top of the stairs in the entry, if I remember correctly.

LoL :laugh:

If I remember correctly..

Keys on belts are hard to spot but very important. This should give you a little progress. Furthermore, there's a well guarded door that one could bet his grandmother that is not sneakable.. but it is! :D

pretty sure the captain's key is on the captain himself, who is guarding the door at the top of the stairs in the entry, if I remember correctly.

Thanks, I'll take another look.. I have already K.Od every guard in the place. About the keys on guards. I notice that depending on fow they fall you can't always see the keys..I have already tried to look for keys on bodies at least once. To make matters worse at times they get stuck/wedged on something where they fell and the rag doll physics seems either too good or broken.. not sure which. At times I can't turn a body over no matter what I try.

Yeah found it Thanks..

one hopefully last problem.. ( Why Me?)

The book downstairs says Nathans things were taken to lord Cloist's room.. I'm there now.. I foind the key to Nathan's cash box.. Only thing I see in that room that may be a box with evidence is the box nest to the bed. I open it and it has a pagan chant or something in it. This is not takeable only readable and does not trigger the completed objective to find another piece of evidence. I guess there is another box in this room?

Edited by Dark Phoenix

Final performance quip:

My performance issue seems to be isolated to this error:

idRenderWorldLocal::ResizeInteractionTable: overflowed interactionTableWidth, dumping

Which I suspect may be RAM related? (I saw that my PerfMon graph was all the way to 99% RAM paging)... Does this map require more than 2GB of RAM??? Or more than 512k CPU Cache?

If not, then maybe I am experiencing this problem that was seen by the author of the Fragging Free mod (same error)?

Doom3world discussion

You are lucky! I know something about it.

I had this problem in my mod time ago... so I searched everywhere (intenet and souce code) but nothing useful found. Then i did a lot of tests to understand the problem... and the result is that there is sort of table allocated (for interactions) when a map is loaded.

The lenght of this table is about the number of entities that have collisions + about 100.

The "100" is an extra probably used for entities dinamically spawned during the game like gibs and the ones spawned by scripts.

If you exceed the limits of this table that warning will be shown and the game will go much slower. Expecially in big areas with lots of objects.

If you reload the map this time the table will be larger (don't know why) so it was initially hard to reproduce the error. icon_mrgreen.gif

Conclusions:

- it may happen because you script is spawing too many entities ( like i said before )

- yes, emitters seems having something to do with collisions.

- other than always make sure your scripts are removing what you don't need anymore, you could "trick" the game: create an empty box in the space and fill it with about 100 exploding_barrels. At the beginning of the map remove them all --> now you have some more free space in that damn table.

I know you are thinking "I'll put there 500 barrels instead of 100 so I'll have more space". The bad news is that it seems like it doesn't work in this way and after that about 100 entities removed you always gain the same amount of space in the table.

This idea saved me

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

its outside in the graveyard where he killed himself. beware the evil dead! oooOOOOOooooOOO

Thanks.. I didn't even see that place before

~~~~~~~~~~~

O.k. Folks I'm Done.. How can you guys leave me hanging like that I Need the Next Chapter !!!!! I do hope I don't have to wait too long.

Brilliant. It really captures the feel of Thief that I love with kick butt Graphics..

you know..I still wonder how we ever played (still play) 1 and 2 with 16 bit graphics!

Thank You for this awesome Mission pack !

Just a note: the mission entry on the main TDM site still doesn't have screenshots for this FM. I think some with site access should upload a few, this one certainly deserves all the attention it gets!

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

Er.. Morning folks.. yeah it's Me again..

I have to ask about this issue that others have noticed as well.

in mission 2 in the sewers at the end of the walkway (where the thieves are smuggling loot) there is a chest with a letter in it. That letter is blank. I thought this was a secret message in invisible ink, but holding it to a flame didn't reveal any message. I thought it may be a reply letter to the guy in the beginning of mission 1 who wrote this guy a letter. I'm in Mission 3 now and have yet to find the significance of this blank letter. Was this a glitch or will the contents of said letter be revealed in time?

Blank? Strange...

Pretty much it is a simple correspondence with the letter you find back at the hotel (the starting point). The smugglers want to leave since the Citywatch/builders are on to them.

Sorry for the glitch, i wonder if other ppl are having a problem with it as well?

Thanks.. I didn't even see that place before

~~~~~~~~~~~

O.k. Folks I'm Done.. How can you guys leave me hanging like that I Need the Next Chapter !!!!! I do hope I don't have to wait too long.

Brilliant. It really captures the feel of Thief that I love with kick butt Graphics..

you know..I still wonder how we ever played (still play) 1 and 2 with 16 bit graphics!

Thank You for this awesome Mission pack !

Thanks for your kind words.

I can feel Dark Radiant's, erm, darkness lulling me back into map making. I have another mission half complete... i may as well finish it?

Time will tell.

Blank? Strange...

Pretty much it is a simple correspondence with the letter you find back at the hotel (the starting point). The smugglers want to leave since the Citywatch/builders are on to them.

Sorry for the glitch, i wonder if other ppl are having a problem with it as well?

totally forgot about that.. I've found the blank note too, and also tried to hold it against a fire to see if a secret message appeared! :ph34r:

Blank? Strange...

PranQster also mentioned he noticed it in this thread: http://forums.thedarkmod.com/topic/11019-invisible-ink/

So now, me, Diego and PranQster.. I guess it needs tracking down and fixing. I'm glad I could be of help instead of just a pester. hehe.

Yes, please finish the rest of the story.. it seems it's left me hanging.. questions need to be addressed.. Like, The thief has the evidence now.. whats he going to do with it? What will happen to the corrupt clergy and politicians? Will The thief ever get to leave town and live happily ever after to close the series?.. etc..

I hope that's the direction your half finished mission is going in. I think it's been wonderfully written so far.

Just finished playing the 2nd mission again after getting updated and it was even more enjoyable with no crashes! Thanks for the fixes. Note - I too had a blank piece of paper this time. Don't remember about the first time I played. Anyways great game. Now I must play the new one.

Just finished playing the missions, wow fantastic!!!

I also got the blank note. Another little thing, in the third mission, the note on Lord Archibald's door rotates with the door entity. Not a big deal. Also in that same room, the desk with all the doors that can open, the center door gets stuck on the candlestick if you don't remove it first.

10/10 great work. <3<3<3

I always assumed I'd taste like boot leather.

Again, it is a crime that no screen-shots from NHAT are present either in the Showcase, the Mission Archive, or at Moddb... (I should've emphasized that when I pestered HC to update the Moddb site... sorry :( )

(The screen-shots could easily be stole from the original campaign promotion thread. :P )

I wish my CPU had the muscle to handle this campaign... but someday... ;)

(actually it looks like there are a couple... but heavily post-processed and almost unrecognizable...)

Edited by nbohr1more

Again, it is a crime that no screen-shots from NHAT are present either in the Showcase, the Mission Archive, or at Moddb... (I should've emphasized that when I pestered HC to update the Moddb site... sorry :( )

(The screen-shots could easily be stole from the original campaign promotion thread. :P )

I wish my CPU had the muscle to handle this campaign... but someday... ;)

(actually it looks like there are a couple... but heavily post-processed and almost unrecognizable...)

Hey,

If you want to help making a Moddb site, that would be fantastic! I'm still on a TDM holiday at the moment.

Feel free to yank any screens/articles from the promotion threads to do so :)

Has anyone tried dropping the note, and trying to flip it over with the grab key? When I was making a door note for my FM, I accidentally put the note on the wrong way. Grabbing it gave me a blank page to read. Dropping it, turning it over and grabbing it again gave me the writing.

Intel Sandy Bridge i7 2600K @ 3.4ghz stock clocks
8gb Kingston 1600mhz CL8 XMP RAM stock frequency
Sapphire Radeon HD7870 2GB FLeX GHz Edition @ stock @ 1920x1080

Has anyone tried dropping the note, and trying to flip it over with the grab key? When I was making a door note for my FM, I accidentally put the note on the wrong way. Grabbing it gave me a blank page to read. Dropping it, turning it over and grabbing it again gave me the writing.

Really? That's........strange behavior.

I always assumed I'd taste like boot leather.

@GC

There is a moddb site... (unless you want one specifically for your FMS :laugh: )...

TMD at Moddb

But I think more screens from this mission should be posted there.

If HappyCheeze (the site maintainer) can grant me permission to post updated to that site I would do it for him. ;)

Edited by nbohr1more

Really? That's........strange behavior.

Yep, first time I grabbed it, the blank face was towards me, it displayed a blank page to read. After dropping it, I manipulated it until the writing side was face up, then read it, and got the message.

Intel Sandy Bridge i7 2600K @ 3.4ghz stock clocks
8gb Kingston 1600mhz CL8 XMP RAM stock frequency
Sapphire Radeon HD7870 2GB FLeX GHz Edition @ stock @ 1920x1080

Hey GC. I am currently playing mission 2 of this beauty and I love it. However, I'd like to report a little problem I am having with the stash objective. After talking to Kutty, I go to the specified place to drop off my stash, but the objective doesn't tick off. I even redownloaded the whole mission to see if something went wrong there, but it didn't help. Any ideas?

Other than that, everything worked smoothly though and was very enjoyable. Looking forward to see my vertex blend work in action in mission 3... :D

Hey GC. I am currently playing mission 2 of this beauty and I love it. However, I'd like to report a little problem I am having with the stash objective. After talking to Kutty, I go to the specified place to drop off my stash, but the objective doesn't tick off. I even redownloaded the whole mission to see if something went wrong there, but it didn't help. Any ideas?

Other than that, everything worked smoothly though and was very enjoyable. Looking forward to see my vertex blend work in action in mission 3... :D

Did you actually drop the stash crate out of your inventory (default key "r" i believe). It should "zap" out of your inventory and onto Kutty's table.

Yeah, I did it just like the other said earlier in the thread. Very awkward...

I also finished mission 3 now. The graphics were cool, but gameplaywise missions 1 and 2 were by far better. Also some more diversion in the ambient soundtracks would have been cool here. It's always the same track. I eventually had to disable the ambient, because of that... ;)