The Dark Mod Forums

Fan Mission: No Honor Among Thieves (2010/04/29)

Goldchocobo

IIRC you could

climb a vine on a wall.

Haah, I have so nice memories of this, especially the forest area with it´s beautiful lighting (thanks to Mortem´s scripting-magic), I´d like to have a machine that can create timeholes so I would have more time to play, damn this RealLife... ^_^

@Mortem: Grr, again you appear out of nowhere before my post?

Edited by LEGION

-> Crisis of Capitalism

-> 9/11 Truth

->

(hard stuff), more

• 2 weeks later...

You need to do a little mantling. You won't find it on a person's belt.

I think GC put it in a second-story room somewhere around the general area of the tavern. Don't hold me to that location, but I recall that that's where I did most of the testing for the warehouse. The same readable that gives you the objective has the key sitting right next to it.

yay seuss crease touss dome in ouss nose tair

There is a warehouse-objective? blush.gif On the next betatest you guys should say what is hidden in that map... rolleyes.gif

Alright, around the tavern. I remember someone saying that he climbed on the roofs where you reach the tavern, by the crates, but he couldn´t find anything, guess he was wrong.

Now it´s dinner-time, I´ll go in later...

-> Crisis of Capitalism

-> 9/11 Truth

->

(hard stuff), more

Thanks Mortem! That was the hint I needed. :) Damn it, exactly 100 loot missing, by my luck it will be again one item. Like in Politics, there it was one item too that I only found via the loot-cheat, it was

the gem in the spider-cave, and not the one by the skeleton.

I would´ve never found that! Never!

Curious, has anyone here actually completed ALL of the optional objectives, or found all the loot?

How many are there? I count 5, four of them to be triggered in game:

Blacksmith, old Man, gem stash, City Watch & Smuggling Ring.

Now I´ll go on with Forest, I´ve waited this long since beta because I hope to be as much stunned as the first time I saw the beautiful forest-light-script. :wub: BTW, there is no 'intelligent looking text' for the Forest-mission. :rolleyes: (there was in beta)

-> Crisis of Capitalism

-> 9/11 Truth

->

(hard stuff), more

@Goldchocobo:

Didn´t you said that the music in the Mansion from Forest is now working? I still can´t hear nothing. Only on the staircase to the second floor the forest-sounds are played, but without the forest-music.

I´ve waited so long to play this again but still no ambiance in the mansion... :(

But the forest itself is so beautiful, cool that guards are now patrolling there. I spent nearly an hour there. :wub:

-> Crisis of Capitalism

-> 9/11 Truth

->

(hard stuff), more

This might have been answered already but I don't want to look through the whole thread for it a third time (had to look through twice to find the exit on the first mission). The problem is that TDM doesn't seem to find the 'hips' joint position on the cityguard when his weapons sheathed (or something like that) when I try to load NHAT 2? This is with a fresh install that I've just played NHAT 1 on. What to do?

That shouldn't happen--it usually indicates a missing file. Make sure your TDM installation is up to date (1.02).

Did you re-download NHAT from a different mirror than before? It's possible that one of them might yet be bad.

Yup. I first downloaded it from marcuszuhr and then from thiefmissions none of them seemed to work.

Also it seems like they've removed it from filefront as I get an unexpected error (-1) when I try that link.

I doubt it matters but I'm running Darkmod on the steam version of Doom 3 in Windows 7.

Edited by Nosslak

• 2 weeks later...

Huge thanks to everyone who contributed to the making of this campaign wub.gif Nice work, Goldchocobo!

Mission 1 was great - even if my personal taste deviates away, far, far away from the undead. But the long climb up from the prison was totally fun! More of that, please.

Mission 2 took a lot out of my machine, kept crashing every f***ing five minutes even with version 1.02! mad.gif Still, I'll keep at it until I finish it, though I'm taking a break from atm. City missions seem to be quite demanding on hardware (still can't play Melan's mission, hopefully Bikerdude's update will fix that). And it's a shame because I love city missions! I will play it - even... if... it... kills... me... or my machine, which ever comes first. I'll just do it slowly incrimentally. wink.gif

Mission 3 has been wonderful thus far (still playing it atm). The forest at the beginning was truly stunning even though fps dropped quite a bit. Question: Is there another way out of the mansion than the front door? Can't seem to be able to climb out of the basement... blush.gif Only asking because I haven't dealt with the guards outside the front door and don't really want to either.

Gameplay is excellent, so is the music and the ambience. I have no complaints. Keep up the great work, guys, and give us more awesome campaigns! Can't wait for more - especially for this series!

Question: Is there another way out of the mansion than the front door? Can't seem to be able to climb out of the basement... blush.gif Only asking because I haven't dealt with the guards outside the front door and don't really want to either.

I think you can get out via the windows on the other side the building.

I mean the other side that the cellar entrance is.

This is if I remember correctly. :)

Still, nice sets of missions, this campaign...:wub:

My personal favourite was the first mission, just brilliant.

City missions tend to be a bit too.. unfocused for my preference..

Clipper

-The mapper's best friend.

I think you can get out via the windows on the other side the building.

I mean the other side that the cellar entrance is.

This is if I remember correctly. smile.gif

Still, nice sets of missions, this campaign...wub.gif

My personal favourite was the first mission, just brilliant.

City missions tend to be a bit too.. unfocused for my preference..

Thanks, Sotha! Will have to keep an eye out for that. Didn't realize they were... well, usable. Honestly, I can't tell them apart from the ones you can't use... blush.gif Need to play more TDM, it would seem.

I just want to be sure it´s not me: You can´t hear music/ambiance in the mansion (mission3) either, do you?

No, I can't. I thought that was on purpose (isn't it...?). Outside, yes. But inside, no. The existence or lack of music doesn't always affect the ambience you get from a place. It has an affect, sure, but the lack of music didn't diminish my experience or gameplay in any way.

But mine, sadly. These days I mutated to some kind of ambiance-addict. But, it doesn´t have to be just music, some wind-sounds, or musical-sound-effects like in Thief1 would do the trick. Just calmness annoys and bores me. And it´s not intentional, I remember Goldchocobo told me during the beta that "there was sth going on with the mansion-music". (I guess that were his exactly words IIRC) And he said he fixed it! Oh dear, imagine the plain horror as after such long time I came back to the mansion and still this damn calmness, eating itself through my ears like acid in... :blink: Ähem, yeah, I´m definitely an ambiance-addict, I need my daily dose... :laugh::rolleyes:

-> Crisis of Capitalism

-> 9/11 Truth

->

(hard stuff), more

Hello!

When I first played this excellent mission set I spotted that it contains some seriously cool soundshaders, which I might want to use later. The time has come.

I'm filing here an official request for permission to use the sound

senseless_chatter.ogg

from this excellent mission package in my upcoming FM.

Can I, please? Pretty pretty please with sugar on top?

Clipper

-The mapper's best friend.