TDM Pre-Release Testers Wanted

greebo

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Note: this update will refuse to load your savegames as the code has been changed. If you want to load any other 1.02 savegames, you'll need to open your console and set the CVAR tdm_force_savegame_load to 1

Sorry. Are you saying that I can do the update, then apply this CVAR, and then it will load my quicksave? The "other" in your second sentence their gives me caution that you are speaking about any savegame but mine. Just want to be clear, cause I'd love to test the fix... (and, to be honest, get right back in there and teach that helmeted jackass what happens when he kills me twice)

"A Rhapsody Of Feigned And Ill-Invented Nonsense" - Thomas Aikenhead, On Theology, ca. 1696

Sorry. Are you saying that I can do the update, then apply this CVAR, and then it will load my quicksave?

Yes. Without the CVAR switch on TDM will refuse to load a savegame which has been created by a different code revision and will send you back to the beginning of the mission.

I've started getting other missing files now, so Im downloading a fresh copy of 1.01 and will then update to 1.02 to see whats what.

Ok just did a dmap and I have attached a copy of my condump, still getting lots of errors and these are different to one I got last time - is it possible that some of the PK4 files are corrupt or have corrupt files..?

I dont know WTF is going on because now I am getting dmap errors with 1.01 on the same map that was fine with 1.01 before...FFS.. And now when I clock on the doom3 window (I run tdm in a window when mapping) the sound stops, yet it didn't before.

baaa, ive just done dmap again and now I got no errors...

I'm a bit confused - what exactly is not working?

Getting tdm_game01.pk4 from ... (1/1)

Done 0/1 files. Cur: 345.6 KByte/s, 96.26% All: 247.6 KByte/s, 96.54%

tdm_game01.pk4 integrity ok. 1800.5 Kbytes in 5s (3

60.1 Kbyte/s) so far.

Applied 0 maintenance steps.

Downloaded 1.76 MB.

Just reporting a what appears to be a flawless update.

Edited by aidakeeley

"A Rhapsody Of Feigned And Ill-Invented Nonsense" - Thomas Aikenhead, On Theology, ca. 1696

Wow.

Upon paying attention to T-pose possibilities? Yep, in mission 3 (Forest) of NHAT I noticed this every time with arrow kills, just as Springheel experienced.

Good news is that I completed the mission picking up from my above-mentioned (and previously crashing) savegame. And many saves and quicksaves and all kinds of havoc and such too. No crashes.

I did choose to play this mission thinking it was here that I'd recalled getting a note that was ostensibly blank; on another thread we discussed the idea of "invisible ink" and so I wanted to see if that was what this was because I hadn't tried dropping said note in water, having forgotten yet again that I can drop things(!)

I didn't find the note, though I didn't look a bunch as if this was my first go 'round here in mission 3.

So, someone put me out of my misery. Either tell me I missed the note and where to find it, please. Or tell me the invisible ink thing doesn't apply anyway.

Thanks

The crystal_light problem was recently fixed in the main development branch, I merged this into the 1.02 release branch. Please re-run tdm_update --keep-mirrors to get the new files.

(I haven't looked into the T-Pose thing yet.)

The T-Pose issue should be fixed now (in the Windows build, the Linux build is not updated yet). Please run tdm_update --keep-mirrors again.

@Bikerdude: the nobleman def had a problem, the fix is included in the most recent release candidate, so your map shouldn't crash anymore.

@Bikerdude: the nobleman def had a problem, the fix is included in the most recent release candidate, so your map shouldn't crash anymore.

Ok, the hip sheath error is now gone, but I'm still getting other warnings... see attached. But after a made did a simple save under DR and then re-dmap'd the errors are not there. This issue has been only been present since 1.02, where errors would appear during one dmap and not the next....

condump090510.txt

condump090510-1311.txt

Edited by Bikerdude

greebo, I appreciated the quick explanation of what was going on with the water-sunk entities with attachments and how the disordered piecemeal destruction of those elements caused the crash... if you would can you explain the T-pose thing? Of course if it's not something that can as nicely summed up then don't bother. But I do find these things interesting, if you please.

The problem was related to the order things are happening when AI are killed. There are calls stopping the animation controller and switching physics to ragdoll physics. In TDM 1.02 I introduced code to allow for spider death animations, but this change affected regular AI too. So I had to add a few lines of code to get the previous behaviour back for AI without death anims.

Thanks for that. Now I have a couple of good reasons to fire up DR:

So I can plug in and see the bots.

And so I can put in a spider to slay and then ghoulishly watch his death.

1.02 has got some really good benefits -- the above couple of look-at-theses; it seems a bunch of new textures and such; and some nice crash-bugs slayed!

Great work all.

The spider death is not really perfect at the moment. We are in need of a new death anim for them, as the current one mangles their AF such that the corpse is jumping around. This will be something for TDM 1.03 I guess.

We are in need of a new death anim for them, as the current one mangles their AF such that the corpse is jumping around.

While I'm already feeling bad enough for what I said a momnet ago about creating a spider so I can kill it and watch it die... Oooh, leave a bit (a cuppla-seconds) of that nervy-twingy-death-pang stuff in, eh?

ooo, spider death animations, thank God. in HoLS garden, i must have plugged one of the spiders at a distance with 9 broadheads before realizing i got him on the first shot. Looked somewhat like a 8 legged porcupine. I knew my aim wasn't that bad <_<

Didn't have the same problem in NHAT as the spiders had a neat tendency to slip and slide on the cavern floors with the force of the arrow impact upon death. I generally leave undead and human AI alone, but spiders can't just be left to their own devices, they must be slain-on-sight.

Edited by ungoliant

Crash in Builder's Influence during QuickSave. Savegame here. There was one thing out of the ordinary before crashing : the weapon icon in the bottom left corner defaulted to an empty area with the number "4", just like the number of water arrows but without the icon. No idea if that is related.

I'll try to reproduce it.

Crash in Builder's Influence during QuickSave. Savegame here. There was one thing out of the ordinary before crashing : the weapon icon in the bottom left corner defaulted to an empty area with the number "4", just like the number of water arrows but without the icon. No idea if that is related.

How does the savegame download relate, is it crashing if I attempted to load it? Or is it right before the crash?