TDM Pre-Release Testers Wanted

greebo

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Interesting crash. It occurs when trying to restore the old D3 objectiveSystem (the PDA HUD) from the savegame - TDM doesn't use this system at all, but we never bothered to rip it out either. I'm pretty confident that these variables aren't used anymore, but maybe it is still referenced somewhere and it can end up with an invalid or "unrestorable" state.

As the crash is happening very rarely, I won't take any action, but can you please report this issue on the tracker? I guess I'll just strip the code from all D3 PDA stuff for TDM 1.03.

Reported. I have now played almost a dozen missions with 1.02 and it's the only crash I have to report.

I seem to be getting more physics props (hammers, swords) remaining in place when BJ'ing (or even moving their furniture support), but this has been reported already.

Edited by Briareos H

Interesting crash. It occurs when trying to restore the old D3 objectiveSystem (the PDA HUD) from the savegame - TDM doesn't use this system at all, but we never bothered to rip it out either. I'm pretty confident that these variables aren't used anymore, but maybe it is still referenced somewhere and it can end up with an invalid or "unrestorable" state.

As the crash is happening very rarely, I won't take any action, but can you please report this issue on the tracker? I guess I'll just strip the code from all D3 PDA stuff for TDM 1.03.

Yeah, that seems sensible, it's just left-over junk we don't use.

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax

I don't know if this was introduced by 1.02, but some unlit windows of The Heart of Lone Salvation in the first building near the start area don't let any fog over them.

shot00003.jpg

Edited by Briareos H

I noticed that as well in 1.02, and I don't remember seeing it in 1.01. I never got around to checking for certain, however.

I'll do it but now the image is gone... not sure exactly where I need to be looking.

ETA: Ah there, the image is back... now I'll be back in a minute or three...

ETA2: Yep, it's a new problem:

This is with darkmod 1.01:

foghat101.jpg

And this is with darkmod 1.02:

foghat102.jpg

Edited by aidakeeley

"A Rhapsody Of Feigned And Ill-Invented Nonsense" - Thomas Aikenhead, On Theology, ca. 1696

Which window texture is this exactly? (You can tell by switching on g_ShowSurfaceInfo 1 and pointing the middle of the screen (the "crosshair") at the window.) I can check the logs what has been changed between 1.01 and 1.02.

Nevermind, got the texture, and I think I see the problem in the materials too.

I was testing out "Too Late" and noticed something new. When I started the game, there was a "2" in my weapon slot, yet no image was visible. It went away when I cycled to a weapon. Happened both times I restarted the mission. Not a serious issue, but since I've never seen it before I thought I'd mention it.

I can confirm that the T-pose issue appears to be gone.

And other than one gaming session where almost every guard's weapon hung in the air, I haven't had that issue either, so it doesn't appear any worse overall.

The window/fog issue has been resolved, thanks to rebb. Please run tdm_update -keep-mirrors fo a final test run to confirm that this issue is gone. I think we're in pretty good shape now.

I was testing out "Too Late" and noticed something new. When I started the game, there was a "2" in my weapon slot, yet no image was visible. It went away when I cycled to a weapon. Happened both times I restarted the mission. Not a serious issue, but since I've never seen it before I thought I'd mention it.

Yeah I saw that too. It's actually there at the start of the mission, whatever happens. Weird.

[...] the weapon icon in the bottom left corner defaulted to an empty area with the number "4", [...]

Yeah I saw that too. It's actually there at the start of the mission, whatever happens. Weird.

I tried to reproduce that but I wasnt able to. The intermittent nature of this problem might indicate there are some uninitialised member variables floating around somewhere.

Greebo,

Do you know if anyone else has been having the dmap/map errors (where doom complains it cant find stuff, as show in an attached condump a few posts back)

Additionally I have found an object with an issue -

models/darkmod/architecture/supports/bracket_wooden01_small.lwo - this object is very picky about where you 'grab it in ortho-view to move it

Do you know if anyone else has been having the dmap/map errors (where doom complains it cant find stuff, as show in an attached condump a few posts back)

You mean those?

WARNING: Couldn't load image: models/darkmod/props/textures/bc_hinge03_ao

WARNING: Couldn't load image: -

WARNING: Couldn't load image: extinguishable/lamp_wall_electric_01

WARNING: Couldn't load image: extinguishable/wallight1

WARNING: Couldn't load image: extinguishable/electric_wall_fancy_up

WARNING: Couldn't load image: extinguishable/lamp_desk_01

WARNING: Couldn't load image: extinguishable/grill_light

WARNING: Couldn't load image: extinguishable/streetlamps/roundstreetlamp

WARNING: Couldn't load image: extinguishable/streetlamps/roundstreetlamp_02

WARNING: Couldn't load image: extinguishable/round_lantern_sitting

WARNING: Couldn't load image: extinguishable/round_lantern_unattached

WARNING: Couldn't load image: extinguishable/simple_square1_hanging

WARNING: Couldn't load image: models/md5/chars/thief/thief1_local

Most of them are false positives coming from the .skin files. We found out too late that the dash "-" character in the model paths triggers an image load attempt when parsing the skin, so we had to leave those in TDM 1.00. It will be fixed as soon as we have access to the closed source of the D3 skin declaration parser, but right now that's out of our control.

The first one (bc_hinge) and last one (thief_local) are probably true positives, but at this point I'm not going to hunt down any missing textures for TDM 1.02. Those warnings will be left in this release, and the next update might address them, provided somebody is willing to look into it.

Additionally I have found an object with an issue -

models/darkmod/architecture/supports/bracket_wooden01_small. lwo - this object is very picky about where you 'grab it in ortho-view to move it

You're referring to DarkRadiant now, aren't you? Is this just this single model? Does it look correct in-game? Maybe it hasn't been fully converted to triangles, this needs a separate defect entry on the tracker - it's too late for TDM 1.02 to address these small issues, only showstoppers or serious visual problems (like those windows cutting through the fog) are going to be fixed.

The first one (bc_hinge) and last one (thief_local) are probably true positives

I've fixed the hinge on the trunk in tdm_models_door_related.mtr, and I remember looking into the thief texture once and finding it didn't cause any problems. Neither of those warnings are going to hurt anything.

Is this just this single model? Does it look correct in-game? Maybe it hasn't been fully converted to triangles, this needs a separate defect entry on the tracker -

Thus far its just this model and it looks fine in-game. The only isse with it is you have to click on the very edges or lines to move it, other objects don't have this issue, you can grab them anywhere inside their 'body' as it where and them move them etc.

Whats the link for the tracker as I don't have it in my bookmarks for some reason..

Edited by Bikerdude

Well, I don't know if this has any bearing on anything -- and I actually imagine it is only simply that I'm very much experimenting.

But, I did finally decide to see the steambot for myself by dropping it into my little one-room experimental theater I've "built" in DR. I put it in as an "entity" (though I've really no idea what the diff is between entities, prefabs, and models). And I got to see it! And make it walk-about (or maybe it just walks about on occasion regardless of my bumping into it)!

But I did see "in game" (after the map loaded, as opposed to some console warning) a message something like:

"WARNING: AAS96 Is Out Of Date"

"A Rhapsody Of Feigned And Ill-Invented Nonsense" - Thomas Aikenhead, On Theology, ca. 1696

Did some more testing and got a very strange bug I've never seen before. No idea if it's 1.02 related or not.

I was crouched in a shadow and an archer bumped into me and then shot me once. I turned and ran away, and although I had no weapons out, a bow would keep appearing in front of me, as if I was almost ready to fire. The bow was oddly distorted and kept bouncing around and flickering in and out. If I stopped running, it disappeared. I saved a game and it appears to happen even after exiting and reloading.

post-9-127402665064_thumb.jpg

Did you dmap the map before loading

Yes. I thought this was the only way to get my new DR changes in? I had just added the steambot and wanted to go see him...

I'm assuming your player somehow snagged the archers bow right out of his hands! See if you can go back and check him out? If what I suspect happened happened Bowless Archer may put on some odd behaviour, eh?

BTW, did y'all "catch" the experience ungoliant (I think) had where he was shot in the head by an archer and survived only to pull the freaking arrow out of his skull and use it to kill that very same archer?!?? Oh, TDM...