The Dark Mod Forums

TDM Pre-Release Testers Wanted

greebo

Yes. I thought this was the only way to get my new DR changes in? I had just added the steambot and wanted to go see him...

Do you happen to use doom3/testmap/maps or doom3/darkmod/maps/ ?

I remember if you just dump maps into the darkmod maps folder, sometimes it gets a bit odd about updating AAS.

But I will add one to my test map to make sure.

I think most of my textures will have to miss 1.02 and just go into 1.03 along with the pile Melan has been working on :)

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

D:\Games\Doom 3\darkmod\maps

I know the space is supposed to be a problem, but I've done a lot of TDMing (played 'em all, beta tested a couple, and DRed a bit) without any problems "pathwise".

I think most of my textures will have to miss 1.02 and just go into 1.03 along with the pile Melan has been working on

Very exciting.

Sorry it'll all have to wait until 1.03, but I do hope 1.02 gets it's release soon. Those crash-fixes are epic successes.

Edited by aidakeeley

"A Rhapsody Of Feigned And Ill-Invented Nonsense" - Thomas Aikenhead, On Theology, ca. 1696

BTW, did y'all "catch" the experience ungoliant (I think) had where he was shot in the head by an archer and survived only to pull the freaking arrow out of his skull and use it to kill that very same archer?!?? Oh, TDM.

:huh: That seems kind of unlikely for a number of reasons, the first being that arrows don't generally stick into the player.

I'll hunt down the post. I tried to get it to happen to me a little bit while goofing around during this 1.02 testing and never did succeed. But I didn't belabor the effort.

I'll try and find the post. Quite a wicked occurrence! :laugh:

ETA:

Here 'Tis

Edited by aidakeeley

"A Rhapsody Of Feigned And Ill-Invented Nonsense" - Thomas Aikenhead, On Theology, ca. 1696

I've had arrows stuck in my head lately, but not in the 1.02 test (not that I have tested for it)

Was able to remove the arrow and fire back, it hit roughly where the right ear would be (assuming first person), however this might have been fixed as I think it could be related to moss forming on the head, which has been fixed for 1.02.

@Neb: nevermind, the test run turned out good in the end.

Thanks everybody for the assistance with testing, also the people who tested it internally. :) As this worked well, we might want to pull off something similar for TDM 1.03.

Not 100% sure, putting these here anyway.

I cant seem to get my next weapon/previous weapon keys to work if I am not holding a weapon; eg:

I have no weapon selected, I cant go next/previous (mousewheel) to get to my weapons

I use a number key to select a weapon, I can use next/previous to scroll through them, If I get to the empty slot I will be stuck there until I use a number key to swap.

The steam bot does not seem to be interested in detecting me (I have not assigned it to a team) just the default spawnargs.

Yep, on the weapon cycling; I think I've mentioned this before, if not then I certainly meant to and apologize for not having done so so here I am mentioning it just in case I haven't and also to concur and backup the experience Serpentine is having with regard to this particular bug and/or problem though it's somewhat minor I would say but does bear fixing if at all possible either as sneak in to 1.02 or rather in the future say 1.03 or thereabouts.

I personally set the mousewheel to cycle items as pressing the middlemouse for block resulted in weaponchange with the wheel.

Also i think its a lot more practical to be able to cycle fast between compass,readables,keys,lockpicks than change weapon..

Getting a weapon to hand is a much more planned thing to do and is more comfortable to be activated by numbers..this way i dont have to accidentally pull out the fire arrow while i wanted a moss or something like that:)

Btw: Just tried out the lanternbot(And it's fantastic), if waterarrow is shot in the light in front the game crashes for me. tried two times happened on both occasion.

Edited by _Atti_