The Dark Mod Forums

TDM T-Shirts

SneaksieDave

Post by me in the thread Main Picture Rights?

I can offer to redistribute in Europe and to colect the orders from the good folk her (for bulk ordering) but first on the agenda would be to come up with 2 maby 3 diffrent designs for T-Shirts!

and I love the idé of a hoodie with the clock on the back and "just" the letters; TDM on the front left (print in all dark-burnished-gold color on a black or darkgray hoodie)

Edited by Nielsen74

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If this is still really a topic, I'd love to see some picture of the final tshirt if possible (even if it's just a mockup.

I would defintely like to have one of those. A hooded sweater would even be better. :)

Sure. We are at the stage where I can do that. I just need some artwork (vector-based, if possible). And the TTF font file for the main TDM. Any additional fonts for the "quotation" text would also be useful.

Once I have this stuff, I can make a mockup as well as give accurate pricing ranges.

db

SVG logo is here.

Thanks, I grabbed it. However, yy copy of Adobe Illustrator CS3 is squashing the roman numerals going around the outside of the clock face. Would you mind converting this to .ps or .pdf, if that's possible for you? I should have better luck opening it then.

Thanks.

db

I'm going through some early mockups now with rastertec, using the art we have available (the main splash screen and the DR logo). So far it's having a low color or even sepia look, and it looks pretty good. The feel that's coming though is that it doesn't hold too strong an identification with the game, the way for example this does:

thief1024wallpaper_2.jpg

If there are any artists that want to submit a really inspired TDM-based art scene, it'd be the perfect time to speak up and possibly get 'immortalized in print.' Hell, even really good screenshots might be a worth considering.

• 1 month later...

I'd be very interested in getting a hooded DM sweat shirt for the proper effect. :)

A design like the excellent Thief artwork posted by SneaksieDave would be great. :) Maybe the Dark Mod clock set inside a tall clock tower with a Ha.. er.. Builder cathedral with stained glass beside it, silhouetted against the dark blue sky, and the outline of Ga.. er.. the Thief lurking nearby, observing the buildings. And then set off to the side within the scene, just the words "The Dark Mod", in correct font. This would be a large design that would fill the back of the shirt from side to side, so there's plenty of detail to delight in. Use several different colors for the graphic. As rastertec pointed out, it adds very little to the cost of the shirt, and allows for some excellent artwork that really comes to life. Under the Dark Mod graphic could be an intriguing quote, in proper Thief type scripture font. On the front of the shirt, on the left side breast, could be the clock in burnished bronze, with a black background behind the gears, like we see at the top of this forum. Under the clock, just 3 letters in matching bronze TDM

The shirt should be black, or at most very dark grey (perhaps an option for either when ordering?). That would look fantastic, I'd definitely get at least one! :)

Please leave out any web site addresses or anything like that from the shirt, that would spoil the Thief medieval look and atmosphere of the shirt. :)

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Well have we logo or not? 8)

Luckly you don't need vector to print on tshirt theese days, all u need is A4 72dpi jpg

And it costs about 0,75 $ incuding tshirt

Correction, white tshirts

Will find out about blacks

It would be qute a task to redraw that cockwork So comon, where did it hid? )

Edited by someTaff

What excuse do we have not to sculpt, and sculpt, and sculpt, until the job is done?

We could use the clock & The Dark Mod under it in its usual font.

One issue is if the clock would actually look good printed on a shirt, since it's detailed, and would its color palette need to be reduced to only a few colors?

What do you see when you turn out the light? I can't tell you but I know that it's mine.

We could use the clock & The Dark Mod under it in its usual font.

One issue is if the clock would actually look good printed on a shirt, since it's detailed, and would its color palette need to be reduced to only a few colors?

No, they do full color print now

What excuse do we have not to sculpt, and sculpt, and sculpt, until the job is done?