The Dark Mod Forums

FM: Awaiting the Storm by HappyCheeze (2010/05/22)

Fidcal

Enjoy this new mini-FM, Awaiting the Storm by HappyCheeze. Playtime estimate: 30 to 60 minutes.

I've been living in the lowest part of town and this foul weather is simmering me to a fury. That and working at the docks to make ends meet. But that's where I overheard a trader say he deals in valuable antiquities - and he's staying at the local inn because of flooding.

Word is that he's brought part of his collection to donate to a museum so has hired a guard or two. I know someone who pays handsomely for artifacts and there must be other valuables at the inn. Perhaps both workplace and weather have changed my luck and I'll be able to get out of this place for good. But not before I stir things up. There's a storm coming - they'd best keep watch at the old tavern tonight!

KNOWN BUGS: Game may hang (0 fps) in streets near start possibly caused by storm effect. Make sure you quicksave near the start then a quickload should get it going again if it hangs. (not seen this problem for a while though.)

• Like 3

Wooo! New FM! :D

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

Can I use this to continue testing 1.02?

Yes

Ooops. I assumed it would be a Fidcal mission from the beta tester request earlier.

I did a few minor touches like the puddle but it's all HC's blood sweat and tears otherwise. And I think Mortem did the thunder. And Springheel did the tavern sign and some of the story text maybe. I lost track who did what because it got kicked around for quite a while. It took a month or so to build and 11 months to optimise and release I think. :laugh:

Good little mission with some nice environments and plenty to fiddle with, some challenging and appropriate AI, and not a single crash (1.02, medium diff... played for mission stats total of ~1:34... so I definitely put it through its paces pretty well). :)

Thanks!

"A Rhapsody Of Feigned And Ill-Invented Nonsense" - Thomas Aikenhead, On Theology, ca. 1696

Really good and well balanced mission! :D

I did had some fps problems at some moments (I think it has to do with the thunder) and one freeze, wich unfortunately happened during a quick save, corrupting the file. I still had fun, though :)

Nice for a small and straightforward mission; I found all but 50 loot (maybe a pickpocket?)

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

This is a really god mission with some nice guard placement happy.gif only thing I think could be better whas if the streets where MORE filthy mellow.gif (with decal´s and patch´s, maby a littel debri in the corners) But I think I´l take another run to find thouse 67 gold I some how missede huh.gif

Is this the first Fan Mission to use:

A guard with a portable light source???

Also, I couldn't help but have a sense of glee when I saw:

All those extinguish-able lights, candles, torches, indoors... so much raw, implied game-play... like a set of Dominoes ready to be toppled... reminded me of Portal

(the spoilers are probably excessive...)

Great Mission!

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

I should've specified Torch... NHAT 3 has lantern... but I'll have to play your map again Nielsen74 (fuzzy memory) sorry if I offended you. I just loved the way the illumination looks on this map.

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

@nbohr1more

but I'll have to play your map again Nielsen74 (fuzzy memory) sorry if I offended you.

Non taken wink.gif

@Siyaharsomen

no black models for me!!!, so maby it´s just you´r setup? (hav you updatede TDM?)

Edited by Nielsen74