The Dark Mod Forums

Warping issue

Hypevosa

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OFFS. This has gotten crazy...

Start » Control Panel » Personalization (or Appearance and Personalization » Personalization) » Display Settings » Advanced Settings » Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator Driver tab » Graphics Properties... » 3D Settings

You've been in there and tried things (and then, upon, not getting results... set them back to defaults)?

You've re-downloaded the latest TDM (wipe whatever mess you have out, all TDM DoomConfig.cfgs and autoexecs and every other thing TDM related)?

And you've got no other mods installed?

"A Rhapsody Of Feigned And Ill-Invented Nonsense" - Thomas Aikenhead, On Theology, ca. 1696

OFFS. This has gotten crazy...

Start » Control Panel » Personalization (or Appearance and Personalization » Personalization) » Display Settings » Advanced Settings » Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator Driver tab » Graphics Properties... » 3D Settings

You've been in there and tried things (and then, upon, not getting results... set them back to defaults)?

You've re-downloaded the latest TDM (wipe whatever mess you have out, all TDM DoomConfig.cfgs and autoexecs and every other thing TDM related)?

And you've got no other mods installed?

Yes.

I'll just hope with the next iterations that something changes to fix my problem whatever it is - I've done everything I can from my end with all the information I've found/been given. The one thing I think could help would be if I actually had the ability to change OpenGL settings for my graphics card, but I don't have that option with mine (though other intel chips do have an interface for that, mine does not).

Take and post a screenshot of what comes up when you go to

please.

Also how many DoomConfig.cfg files do you have? And where are they?

"A Rhapsody Of Feigned And Ill-Invented Nonsense" - Thomas Aikenhead, On Theology, ca. 1696

Take and post a screenshot of what comes up when you go to

please.

Also how many DoomConfig.cfg files do you have? And where are they?

Attached is a picture of my 3D graphics interface. The problem still persists when I put textures to Performance, AND it makes everything unreadable text wise.

I have 2 doom CFG files, the one in base, and the one under darkmod.

Ah, so you do have the OpenGL tweaking screen! :)

We can look at that a bit more, but for now...

You should have more than 2 cfgs; 1 in each folder for each mission you have installed; you must have installed at least 1 to make that video, eh? ...anyway attach now the 2 cfgs you speak of, if you will.

Ah, so you do have the OpenGL tweaking screen! :)

We can look at that a bit more, but for now...

You should have more than 2 cfgs; 1 in each folder for each mission you have installed; you must have installed at least 1 to make that video, eh? ...anyway attach now the 2 cfgs you speak of, if you will.

I don't have one... and just realized I forgot to hit the attach button.

it won't let me attach cfg files for some stupid reason or another...

post-3804-12774315636_thumb.png

it won't let me attach cfg files

Apparently you can just tag a ".txt" on to the filename of any file and get it to attach (though I'm sure there is size limit, but nothing you'd be likely to approach).

Either that or cut-n-paste...

Okay...

Here's a few anomalies (or just "differences") I've found between yours and mine that might have some bearing?...

You have

seta win_ypos "20"

seta win_xpos "20"

seta r_multiSamples "0"

seta image_useNormalCompression "0"

seta com_videoRam "1806"

seta r_aspectRatio "1"

seta tdm_wideScreenMode "5"

seta tdm_interaction_vfp_type "0"

I have

seta win_ypos "0"

seta win_xpos "0"

seta r_multiSamples "4"

seta image_useNormalCompression "2"

seta com_videoRam "64"

seta r_aspectRatio "0"

seta tdm_wideScreenMode "0"

seta tdm_interaction_vfp_type "1"

What he's got in that list should be fine.

win_*pos is for determining the placement of the d3 window.

r_multiSamples is Anti-Aliasing. It's good that his is off.

image_useNormalCompression is a toss-up. It can be good for performance, but some cards can't handle it.

com_videoRam I'm not certain about. I don't know how Doom 3 handles un-dedicated graphics cards. You could always set it to the safe default of 64.

r_aspectRatio is self-explanatory.

tdm_wideScreenMode is, also.

tdm_interaction_vfp_type "0" means he's using the older, slightly faster shader. That's fine.

yay seuss crease touss dome in ouss nose tair