The Dark Mod Forums

Anyone got a patched version of DooM 3 torrent link?

Rapishes

Ah, so the patch won't work properly on the torrented game, I see. You can buy the game for download if you don't want to order a boxed version from somewhere. Either way it's pretty inexpensive

shadowdark50.gif keep50.gif

You want to play the game, you can obviously afford a machine to run it, and you are asking for support for a pirated

copy. Sounds to me (and maybe I am wrong) like you are looking for the easy and free way.

Just because you do not like to order a 5 year old game is no reason to steal it.

It would be different if you simply aren't able to order a copy (export limitations to your country or something like that...).

So please tell us your story and let me know where I was wrong!

P.S. I mean put some effort into it.

Just with a quick check I found a Doom 3 torrent that most likely would work with the patch.

Edited by Chiron

Yeh its sold out every where and I hate ordering things and dont have steam or anything, fucking idiot, know the full story before you comment, ok?

You come to the message forum of a Doom 3 Mod, asking where to download an illegal version of Doom 3, and then have the balls to get testy when someone calls you on it?

We don't support piracy here.

Id software has been quite supportive of the Modding community for many years. If anyone wants to play our mod, we ask that that they support Id software by buying the game.

Think twice before taking that tone on our message forum next time, ok?

• Like 1

Think twice before taking that tone on our message forum next time, ok

This is a perfect example of using "tone" as an excuse to threaten someone for behaviour that has nothing to do with "tone".

Insidious.

• Like 1

"A Rhapsody Of Feigned And Ill-Invented Nonsense" - Thomas Aikenhead, On Theology, ca. 1696

Personally I love steam :wub:

http://store.steampowered.com/

OHHH THIS IS SO HARD TO DOWNLOAD HOW CAN ANYONE MANAGE? Should I click that big green button on the bottom right? Nah.

Yeh, but be honest if you cou8ld get something without paying you know you all would, so stop being knobs and calm tf down, ok?

I'm sorry if im being a n00b and annoying but you know you would do the same if you thought you could get it.

Everyone here CAN get something without paying for it. It's not like you possess exclusive torrent finding knowledge. I'm pretty sure anyone with half a brain knows all they need to do is use the word "torrent" in a Google search.

The difference between us is that you're willing to jump through hoops to get a crippled version of the game for free while I'm willing to part with 20 dollars if I can bypass all the bullshit and just play.

• Like 3

I'll bet you every single one of the people who frequent these forums here could very easily download a torrent, grab a properly cracked D3, patch it if necessary and run circles around you and the troubles you are having.

So at this point, let's really be honest... you are the one who is being being asinine, Rapishes. What Chiron said is true.

• Like 2

"A Rhapsody Of Feigned And Ill-Invented Nonsense" - Thomas Aikenhead, On Theology, ca. 1696

Really, it is simple: this forum supports being courteous enough to iD to buy the game that enabled the mod to be made in the first place.

Also, after only two minutes of looking, I found 77 hits for the PC version on eBay. Even if we just take the Buy it Now options, you could get one for $7 plus shipping or something like that. Alternatively, if you can wait a few days, it seems you can get it for under $4. That's surely not too expensive.

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

I'm going to go out on a limb and conjecture that Rapishes is a teenage (or younger) kid. As such, it's good to see the youth gaining interest in a project that (from external appearances) would seem to be fixated on an "old" game. I am AMAZED at how cordial this forum up till this point and I hope Rapishes realizes how wrong he is to bark at the patient veterans of this realm.

@Rapishes

If your parents wont let you pickup a copy of Doom 3, here are your steps to get a legal copy:

1) Sell some music, games, or toys (presuming you cant secure a job or allowance)

2) Purchase a Greendot card (or other temporary debit card)

3) Order the game from Amazon or elsewhere

• Like 1

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

This is a perfect example of using "tone" as an excuse to threaten someone for behaviour that has nothing to do with "tone".

Insidious.

Dude, you shouldn't come near the Relic forums (Homeworld,  Warhammer: Dawn of War), ever. As soon as someone there makes the idiotic mistake to openly ask for a pirated copy, this person gets banned, no exceptions.

Rapishes, TDM itself already needs to tread lightly because of various legal dangers, so the last thing the mod team needs is someone asking for an illegal copy and thereby drawing unwanted attention. besides, look here: 4.49 $ plus shipping should be affordable, teenager or not.

My Eigenvalue is bigger than your Eigenvalue.

I know this has already been discussed comprehensively, but this imediatly brought to mind how this represents everything that could end your game... it's like walking into a tavern full of city guards and asking for map direction to the nearest bank so you can loot it.

If you aren't sharp enough even to ask on a forum where people actively pirate warez, then you really should just be buying the games.

18588.png