The Dark Mod Forums

Fan Mission: A Special Delivery by Silencium18(2010/06/12)

Fidcal

Really well-designed mission, nice and straightforward with enough challenges to keep it interesting. I did wonder whether the electric lights could be turned off somewhere, but that would probably have made it way too easy - as it was, having to lean out into brightly lit areas to check where footsteps were coming from really ratcheted up the tension. Good one for TDM newcomers to try out I reckon. Thanks silencium.

• 2 months later...

Played through this FM just now.

Great stuff! More this kind of small, but fun and well made maps! I wished there was more readables to convey the agendas of the people living /working in the warehouse.

The mission was slightly tricky because of the electric lights which could not be turned off, but still quite enjoyable. And the metal surfaces kept me on my toes, literally. Good thing I bought the moss arrows.. I also liked the boards in the other room, which caused noise: a nice warning that the other guard is soon popping out the door.

Ditto !! I found this quite enjoyable for a small mod, mainly because it was tough. Electric lights are always a problem for me, along with the metal floors. It really makes you study the guard patrol paths rather than zipping through unaware guards leaving the place dark and somehow less wealthy in a short time.

But than again to much of that could be annoying hence why these sorts of places are always rare builder type laboratories.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 years later...

I removed the localization pack for this mission.

It appears to be just the same mission repacked in a file with the same naming convention

as a localization pack.

There are no strings folders in either the main FM or the localization pack.

If someone did apply proper translation changes to this, please supply the corrected file.

Thanks.

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

• 3 years later...

I had a go at supreme-ghosting this small but deceptively tricky mission. I couldn't quite manage it (3 level 1 alerts) but I had a great time trying nonetheless.

Spoiler

Getting around the first two guards was a doddle. The guy in the house was not so hard with some advance planning.

I had some trouble with the two fellows guarding the factory floor; it's full of unextinguishable electric lights and I'm convinced dropping onto the metal catwalk from the vent was one of my three busts. There doesn't seem to be any way to do this quietly. I timed it so the guards would be as far away as possible, and they didn't make any audible complaints, but I still think this bit was a bust for me. (and as I type this I realize I could probably have used a rope arrow to lower myself rather than dropping down)

More tricky was the guy guarding the pit in one of the side rooms. He has a habit of Linda Blair head-swivelling so it's hard to creep around behind him, even directly behind him, and getting down the ladder quickly and quietly is very dicey.

By far the hardest part was on the way back when I tried to get into the other room leading off from the catwalk in the factory proper. It can be done by rope arrowing up to the catwalk, grabbing the loot, and then hiding on the pipes on the way back down.

All in all a cool little mission.

My missions:           Stand-alone                                                      Duncan Lynch series                              

Down and Out on Newford Road              the Factory Heist

A House Call

The House of deLisle