The Dark Mod Forums

New To Thief.

Kristus

Hi guys, thought I'd introduce myself. I'm Kristian and I'm from the "cold" country in the north (Sweden). I've been modding since 1992 and I don't see an end to it at the time. :)

I actually hadn't played Thief until a few days ago. (aside from a one map conversion for Doom2)

Tyrot was talking to me about how awesome Thief 1 and 2 was so I went and bought Thief 2 (Thief1 was nowere to be found). Anyway, I'm rambling on. I just wanted to say that I am very intrested in your mod. Finally a team that seem to know what they have in the Doom3 engine. :) I was looking at The haunted mod and A terrible secret before as they were making mods that would really benefit from the dynamic of Doom3's lighting, but they both changed to HL2 engine for some strange reason. And I don't have HL2 (I played it through though, great game but the engine wasn't much to build a mod on compared to the Doom3 engine IMHO). Anyway, you are one of the mods that I'm looking out for. Keep up the good work. :)

Japp, svensk jag också. Och nej då, norska är ganska enkelt att fatta. I alla fall om man jämför med danska. Hehe.

Så du ska över för att handla billigt säger du.. Vart åker du då? Bor du redigt långt norrut eller? :) (Själv bor jag på södra svenska västkusten, i Varberg närmare bestämt)

Pakmannen: Haha, tjenare. Det är ganska bra faktiskt. ;) Ska till stockholm imorgon.

Min syrra bodde i varberg ett år, och jag brukade fira midsommar där förut.

Jag brukar inte ha svårt att förstå norska, ;)

Anyhow, it's rude to speak languages that only 3 people or so understand. ;)

dear Kris !

HEY i just noticed ...Thanks for stopping by...I dont know what to say..:)

I m about to finish that Lost souls..:) status report to Phobos Mod from the DARK mod forums...But HEY accept me as i am.....I have three sides in my brain.

1-Thief side... the DARK MOD

2-Sci Fi side...Phobos MOD..(Im the only guy here actually fell in love with DOOM3)

3-........side... .......... MOD... Wait for 31 th of JAN.

Finger! calm down..i cant help it!.. i have to make a teaser every month otherwise Life is becoming BORING and DULL..:)

Kris I am definetly so happy that you loved the thief...Every thief player acting like a evangelist and spreading the word of thief... so ... it s your turn...GO outside and find a stranger....Tell him to play THIEF if he doesnt ..Push him..if he still doesnt care...you know the first rule of Fight club.......IF you cant reach Tyler Durden...call garrett ...he must be in that particular room in T3 and waiting for help..SO..remember we do not have names...we are not snowflakes...(*)...

BEST

(*) mixture...(**)

(**) in case you dont realize... :)(*)

see i have created a DEEP NOTE WARP

Edited by TYROT

I can't understand why a mod would switch to HL2 when it needs dynamic lighting. :)

When AVP2 mod was announced for HL2, I went "Are they crazy, they chose an engine that focuses on facial expressions over an engine that focuses on lighting"

I prefer seeing shadows of aliens jumping crazily around the place than watching aliens have mouths that look like a Pixar film's

Edited by bad marine ass

Well here's another one. I'm a Canadian, and I hate hockey! I'd be happy to see this lockout go into next year. :)