The Dark Mod Forums

Fan Mission: The Beleaguered Fence - BETA

Sotha

Hello!

I've built a new fan mission, named The Beleaguered Fence and now I need 2 volunteers for beta testing.

Beta testers should test the map as usual and also pay attention to the language in the briefing and readables in game as I am not a native english speaker. I've tested my map several times and it seems to be working for me.

It would be most beneficial if the tester has prior mapping experience, since gives them keener eye for mapping issues.

Image:

sotha3.png

Reply here if you're interested.

Clipper

-The mapper's best friend.

As long as it is not a very large level (in which case I may not be do as much work on the FM as you might probably like), I will be happy to oblige.

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

Thank you!

The map is small/medium sized, offering probably 30min-90min gameplay when unfamiliar with the map.

I'm uploading the map now. PM links will be sent to you within the next few minutes. You can give your feedback via PM so no spoilers here.

Thanks again!

Clipper

I also would be interested in testing this, should more testers be needed.

Intel Sandy Bridge i7 2600K @ 3.4ghz stock clocks
8gb Kingston 1600mhz CL8 XMP RAM stock frequency
Sapphire Radeon HD7870 2GB FLeX GHz Edition @ stock @ 1920x1080

Thank you for your interest, but the situation seems to be well in hand. You will get to enjoy the final version of this mission quite soon, I promise.

@Melan, Bikerdude and Baal:

I've now implemented most of the corrections you've so far suggested and I have to say that the map has improved drastically.

You've done an excellent job, Melan especially, who apparently investigated every single pixel and object on the map. ;)

Most of your suggestions overlapped and I suppose those are the most critical issues with the map. They are now dealt with.

I'll now wait a few days for additional comments from Baal and then it is time for final touches and publishing.

Clipper

Thoroughness is not a bad trait to have when you are building levels. :) And getting the details becomes easier if you spend your time ghosting - lotsa observation from safe spots.

Seriously, it is a very good level; maybe the most impressive I have seen for TDM outside the two super-large feature-length FMs. Not unduely large, but perfectly executed.

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

Is this still beta? It's in the download section so I'm playing it! :P

Well, I'm stuck:

What exactly means "blessed by the builder"? I have tried drinking holy potions and grabbing the crystal, drinking and shooting water arrows at the crystal before grabbing it, but nothing works :unsure:

This is a really fun mission so far! Perfect level of difficulty for me, very challenging but the only quickloads I had to use was in the above part :)

EDIT: I'm moving this question to the appropriate topoic that I just saw :ph34r:

Edited by Diego