The Dark Mod Forums

Fan Mission: Thief's Den Re-release by Fidcal(2010/07/04)

Fidcal

Foiled!

Well the meeting is still on; Thiefette will have some answering to questions to paradoxical meanderings to do... and such! Then. I guess... something?

I feel such a foiled fool here in this future.

"A Rhapsody Of Feigned And Ill-Invented Nonsense" - Thomas Aikenhead, On Theology, ca. 1696

• 2 weeks later...

Neat little mission and thank you Fidcal for releasing it again. Oddly , it's the one mission I haven't been able to finish!

For some reason crawling in behind the table etc in the undergound hideout I wasn't able to frob and pick up the scepter so can't tick off that objective.

Did you try leaning? As I remember, there was something in the way that you had to carry away.

Was a nice mission, or should I say classic considering the age? (is it now 1969 or 2008?;))

You lightened up the promo-shot, right? In game it was a lot darker or it is just my gamma-setting. Anyway, I had to ghost here because of the actual weapon-select-bug I thought there is now blackjack and other weapons. Was much fun. Like KoMaG I took my time and spent a lot outside. Nice Ambient sounds, made it more alive. Though it took my a while to get to know which way in. So at last, I know the prequel of Chalice, the others in the series will follow soon...

-> Crisis of Capitalism

-> 9/11 Truth

->

(hard stuff), more

Got it

by leaning as you suggested. Thanks !

• 6 months later...

Thief's Den 2 is The Chalice of Kings. You can see a list of missions sortable by campaign designation (or anything else) on the wiki.

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Cool little mission. A bit on the easy side, but that's fine IMO. Only thing I didn't like was the overbearingly creepy music while inside the house. That was just unnecessary. And the lack of lamp in the beginning. I ended up getting the candle from upstairs (which I hat pinched out) and relit it in the fireplace. Other than that I had a fun 20 minutes.

You can call me Phi, Numbers, Digits, Ratio, 16, 1618, or whatever really, as long as it's not Phil.

• 4 months later...

Got it. It needed adjustment of a decal too, as well as cloning.

Map file attached in zip: thiefs_den.zip.txt

Changes:

-caulk surface replaced, copy/pasted from building front

-decal patch adjusted

-decal patch cloned for other half of wall

"The measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he never would be found out."

- Baron Thomas Babington Macauley

• 3 weeks later...

I can't seem to get all the loot in this mission. I have collected 1069 out of 1189 loot

including the gold statue under the elevator shaft.

So where could the other 120 be?

Edited by Cambridge Spy

"Let me guess - little blue men with three heads stole your sweetroll?"

• 2 years later...

I can't seem to get all the loot in this mission. I have collected 1069 out of 1189 loot

So where could the other 120 be?

I betcha you're stuck on the loot I was:

the place:

there's a golden vase on the windowsill of the upstairs room outside.

if you can't get to it:

shoot an arrow at it to knock it down!

• 9 months later...

Were the vertical parts of the mission added in the re-release later on?

Edited by V-Man339
  • Like 1

I like to record difficult stealth games, and right now you wonderful people are the only ones delivering on that front.

Click here for the crappy channel where that happens.