The Dark Mod Forums

Sticky for inflammatory thread topics?

nbohr1more

I do know what you meant Tels.

But, the time I waste here is down-time; necessary down-time. It is not "all the time in the world"; it is just a slice of time; and, yes, a lot of it is goofing off; I need to goof off just as much as I do goof off.

Otherwise and otherwheres I do do otherthings tending to othermatters.

"A Rhapsody Of Feigned And Ill-Invented Nonsense" - Thomas Aikenhead, On Theology, ca. 1696

top ten of arrows not in tdm

1 rubber. (re-usable)

2 ice. (for assasinations, no arrow left, as it melts.)

3 fog. (for quick get aways)

4 frog. (you should see the number of people scared of frogs, eek)

5 snot. (insult shot for a guard you dont like)

6 slice. (shoot these at a guard and they cut the guards head off.)

7 penny ( see a penny pick it up, all day long THUD uuh! clunk (distrating shot that takes guard complete out of alert alowing player to whack him with the blackjack)

8 wet rag. (shoot a guard, it wraps around his face, while guard is trying to get it off you run past him)

9 lsd (a crystal coated with a drug that makes guard see things that arn't there.)

10 sheep (creates a living sheep above the guards head, that then drops down and softy knocks out the guard.)

Top 10 stumpy's "top ten of arrows not in tdm":

1. 10 sheep

2. 9 lsd

3. 3 fog

4. 1 rubber

5. 7 penny

6. 4 frog

7. 2 ice

8. 6 slice

9. 8 wet rag

10. 5 snot

Some funny ones, some good ideas, some that could be expanded upon/refined/conceptual-seeds.

"A Rhapsody Of Feigned And Ill-Invented Nonsense" - Thomas Aikenhead, On Theology, ca. 1696

Top 10 Irritants:

1. Leo Strauss And His Crap
  2. Animated Cat Avatars
  3. Cat Avatars
  4. People Who Have Simpleton Jobs And Still Haven't The Slightest Clue Of W!T!F! They Are Doing
  5. No Right Turn On Red Light Junctions
  6. The Apparent But Not Actual Hijacking Of Threads By Busybody 10 Top List Self-Therapists
  7. 98.344% Of Commercial Radio
  8. Journalism, Or For That Matter Any Kind Of Discourse, Without Any Effort To Indicate The Date Of Same Said
  9. HOGs By The Hundreds
  10. Petty Petit-PetitBureaucrats

ETC:Indication->Indicate

Edited by aidakeeley

Hidden Object "Games" -- which are clearly designed to foster legions of slack-jawed insensates to be utilized by TPB as counter-revolutionary bulwarks whence the ever-nearing revolution comes

BTW, thanks for the link. I'm not sure if Hogarth is an irritant, a delight, a full-on-menace, an bona-fide ally... or none of those... yet... but I am finding much to see and read there...

Edited by aidakeeley

The Line of Beauty is a term and a theory in Art or Aesthetics used to describe an S-shaped curved line (a serpentine :) ) line) appearing within an object, as the boundary line of an object, or as a virtual boundary line formed by the composition of several objects. This theory originated with William Hogarth (18th century English painter, satirist, and writer), and is an essential part of Hogarth's theory of Aesthetics as described...

You know what else is an irritant, btw? This fucking editor.

Top 10 Torrents In The "Pictures" Category On Demonoid On July 22, 2010 @ 6:00 AM US-CST

1. 100 World Best Funny Photos Collection
  2. 150 Top Models and Hot Girls Wallpapers 1680 X 1050
  3. 194 Maps Illustrating Ancient History/Geography
  4. 234 World cup 2010 Babes
  5. 250 Horror and Dark Art Widescreen Wallpapers (1680x1050).
  6. 30 Black Amazing Darkside Wallpapers
  7. 30 Gothic Angels Fantasy Seducing Girls Wallpapers
  8. 30 World Best Beautiful Islands Wallpapers
  9. 400 Super Sexy Girls Wallpapers 1600 X 1200 [Amazing Collection]
  10. 45 Super Hot Chicks To Burn Your Desktop Upto 1920x1200 Set-1

11 Top Fictioners, Rock-N-Rollers, Or Useful Applications Of Reason:

1. Joseph Heller
  2. R.E.M.
  3. William Shakespeare
  4. Frank Herbert
  5. Led Zeppelin
  6. Rush
  7. Aldous Huxley
  8. James Joyce
  9. Yes
  10. The Police
  11. Empiricism

Top 7 Days Of The Week:

1. Saturday
  2. Sunday
  3. Friday
  4. Thursday
  5. Tuesday
  6. Wednesday
  7. Monday

(A highly controversial list inside my own head. So many agonizingly close rankings made only worse by each day's merits not being the same as any other day's merits -- making the whole thing a test of immense complexity. Not to mention the fact that this had to be done and could not just be abandoned as so many of the trivial never-see-the-light-of-day lists are... a really brutal experience that just about destroyed my very soul. I have lived with these days all of my life and treasure each one.

Except Mondays. I don't like Mondays.)

Top 10 Mispeltz:

1. konkeystadoughur
  2. pudantique
  3. anned
  4. punkshoo
  5. ashion

'wierd' is still working in this version. The rest I quoted I can´t recognize. Is 'ashion' a simple 'fashion'?

Remember: I´m no native Englishman.

I very often see 'youre' instead of 'you´re', is that a misspell too?

edit: :laugh: First I wanted to correct 'misspell' into 'mispell' and my Translator (google Dictionary) said about it: mispell: common misspelling of misspell

-> Crisis of Capitalism

-> 9/11 Truth

->

(hard stuff), more

"Weird" was the inspiration for that particularly inspired list. I just find it so weird that so many people spell it wrong... it's down-right "bizzare"*! ;)

I realize that, as with most things, it might be said that you only notice the times things go wrong, but it really seems that "weird" is misspelled more often than not...

*Another awdly overly misspelled one -- but still a little less strainge because "bizarre" is a little more escoterrical.

Top 5 definitions for "Frank Dickson" according to "Urban Dictionary":

1. something that is sweet.

2. a kick ass mother fucker who will beat you if pissed off.

3. old ass golfer.

4. a general term for somebody.

5. large cigar smoking man.