The Dark Mod Forums

TDM crash with IdMovable error message

7upMan

Guys, I'm having crashes in TDM sometimes. Today was the first time I managed to see a TDM error message (as opposed to just a black screen). It read as follows:

IdMovable

'IdBarrel_ATDM:Movable_Junk_WBottle01_Broken_1027': Cannot Load Collision Model

Models/Darkmod/Junk/WBottle01/Broken.LWO

The crash happened in the third NHAT mission, while trying to open a drawer in a room in the upper floor. Just before doing that, I had snatched a golden bottle from a table on the opposite side of the room.

Does anyone have any idea what causes these crashes, or where the error message is supposed to point me to?

P.S.: I'm experiencing this kind of crashes in other FMs, so it's definitely not limited to NHAT 3.

My Eigenvalue is bigger than your Eigenvalue.

Okay, how can I find out if it is really missing in TDM or if for some reason my computer just crapped up?

I can't see any broken bottle in forest so I'm guessing this is one spawned by a guard to throw at you when you were out of range. Since one of the updates I think they throw stones. I'm wondering if your update is corrupt. You could try running tdm_update again and make sure it says everything is up to date. Even that is not conclusive as there is not 100% confidence in the updater in all situations. If that doesn't work and you have plenty of bandwidth you might consider putting tdm_update.exe in a blank temporary folder and run it to download all of Dark Mod again then copy that download into your doom3 folder and tell it to overwrite existing files. Naturally make sure Dark Mod and Dark Radiant are not running if you do that.

Don't know what else to suggest

You can look at the model in DR, it would be under junk. If you DON'T have collision filter on you should see some green collision texture.

But I'd be really suprised if it doesn't have one, moveables will give en error when we try and test them before they go in the mod, and those have been arounda long time.

I also haven't noticed guards throwing bottles lately. Just rocks.

Dark is the sway that mows like a harvest

Okay, how can I find out if it is really missing in TDM or if for some reason my computer just crapped up?

I think it is not there. I might be that the code for breaking a bottle tried to automatically load this model when you accidentily broke a bottle that isn't properly setup for this. Can you look in the editor which bottle entity it is?

Also, did it really output the capital letters like "Models" opposed to "model"? That must be a windows thing, too.

Edit: Where you still holding the golden bottle in your hand? I see from the error message that the original entity was already an broken bottle, maybe that is the clue (code trying to break an bottle that is already broken). However, with something to repeat the action it is hard to debug.

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax

Fidcal was right on the mark: for some unknown reason, I hadn't updated my TDM. I was totally convinced that I did, but seemingly I was mistaken. The TDM Updater went through flawlessly, and a quick test showed no unpleasant surprises.

Anyway, thanks for your help, all!  ^_^