The Dark Mod Forums

Need Beta Testers! For 'The Rift'

Baddcog

At long last I am ready to call it good enough. The objectives complete and I'm worn out.

So I need a couple volunteers who wanna try it out and give some feedback. Would be great to have each difficulty finished at least once by at least one person.

Then tell me what you think.

Did you get stuck? Did you find everything? Overall impressions, etc...

I'm not planning on changing anything really, but will do a few small tweaks depending on feedback. I'd like to be done with the test round by Fri the Lucky 13th. How's that for a finish date?

It's right under 10 MB and I can email it.

Dark is the sway that mows like a harvest

I have a P4 3.0ghz and a HD4650 AGP (so kinda lowish...)

Caveats:

But I am no expert ghoster and I find every FM challenging and fun because of my lack of skills :laugh:

My wife has a tendency to limit my CPU time...

(copied from Jesps beta... )

(cant resist the chance to see this in action BC...)

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

Should be good, got 4 right now. Thanks though (I need someone to play after testing ;) )

I was planning on talking you up on that OLD offer of a little help with storyline for that mansion mission I was working on. Gonna add some city streets to it. But I'll PM you with some better details one of these days, now that this is out of the way I'm going back to that one.

Probably not tonight. I was trouble shooting stuff on Wed, had to take my truck into the shop, got pissed when the $450 quote turned into $1050, then got distracted by a texture/normal issue, lured into the forums, started modeling Neilsen's Print Press, Got it working with gears and sound, fixed and added a gear model/normal map, started a few other machine prefabs, went to bed. All that while dog sitting a dog that wanted me to play all day.

I still have a few things to touch up and I'm calling it far from perfect but good enough. This weekend most likely.