The Dark Mod Forums

Bioshock Infinite

Unstoppable

I regret every single second of playing this game and i thought its impossible to make a game worse than Bioshock 2 but it is possible and Infinite proved it.

Developers were misleading people by releasing prerended videos 3 years before actual game release.Take a look at this video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLFy7P0isE0

It looks very impressive : gameplay feels smooth and and non scripted,ingame world feels open and AI is very advanced.But all of these features are not in the actual game !!!

Basically its just a scripted corridor shooter ! You cant travel between the flying islands freely like as in the "first gameplay trailer" video (those flying cities is the distant art and levels themselves are about 10x smaller than in the video) and AI is far not as smart as in the "first gameplay trailer" video.

Apart from lying how good their game will be they did nothing.

Gameplay is horrible.Magic is worthless,killing enemies is unpleasant because weapons feels and sounds boring and ragdoll dissapears shortly after enemy dies.There's also enemies that take approximately 100 bullets or 10 rockets before they die (those are regular enemies,not bosses).They had to make it so hard otherwise it would be even more boring than it is because big-headed broad revive you every time you die and therefore dying is impossible !!

There is no quick saves and autosaves only.

Story is hardly understandable but story doesnt matter when everyhing else sucks !

By the way can anybody explain me why would anybody want to save that big-headed wench if she wers clean dresses,eats freesh food and living in personal flying penthouse ?

So dont let those swindlers fool you with their product

Edited by Shadowhide
  • Like 1

Proceed with caution!

@Shadowhide: Developing a game is hard, predicting what a game will be like in the end result is even harder.

I've come to recognize that early gameplay previews or other such footage come with the usual "WIP work things are subject to change"-note. It's there for a reason, because things may, indeed, change. So how about you just get used to the idea that game developers that show early game footage have it in their full right to remove pretty much anything you've seen previously, it does not come as a guarantee for what the game is supposed to be. It's a shitty move by the developers to do that, sure. But it's anything but a swindlers trick.

Didn't like the end product? Fine. Others do. Others are able to respect what I've just mentioned. Things change, it's not false advertisement.

It's unfair to judge something based on premature footage since it should be obvious that it's not always going to remain that way.

Anyhow, I bought, played and liked the game. I agree with what you said about it being a "corridor shooter". The game is very linear... It's not Doom3 linear, but linear still. Pretty much like the earlier Bioshock games so it really didn't shock me that horribly. ;)

I've also come to recognize that Bioshock games are just that. Bioshock... A weird, spiritual successor to System Shock and I can't think of anything more of it. I certainly never expected it to blow my hair back with something completely "new".

Bottom line: I knew what I bought, I knew what to expect (based on earlier games not early gameplay footage) and I quite enjoyed the game as it was. :)

Well, I for one loved it!! One of the best shooters ever made. The atmosphere, the story, the art direction, the soundtrack. Simply perfect! Sure, it is linear in most parts, but does it really matter that much? It did not to me.

It was a very challenging game towards the end. I played on high difficulty and it actually took me three tries to do the final battle. And as far as "magic is useless" is concerned: I guess you did not play on high difficulty as the enemies will shoot down all your shield with just one blow. You NEED "Back to sender", the water push and the horse thingy to control your health and the enemies. No chance without it!

I am waiting for it to hit the bargain bin, but most of what I read about it points at unimpressive gameplay, excessively linear (but pretty) design, and a message with all the subtility of "racism is bad".

• Like 1

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

Another message of the game is: baptism makes you evil! ;D

And "Don't shoot indians! And if you did- don't gamble afterwards! These things don't mix"

Edited by someTaff

What excuse do we have not to sculpt, and sculpt, and sculpt, until the job is done?