The Dark Mod Forums

Darkmod: Inspiration thread

Bikerdude

iarahouoori61.jpg

• Like 3

I have an eclectic YouTube channel making videos on a variety of games. Come and have look here:

https://www.youtube.com/c/NeonsStyleHD

Dark Mod Missions: Briarwood Manor - available here or in game

http://forums.thedarkmod.com/topic/18980-fan-mission-briarwood-manor-by-neonsstyle-first-mission-6082017-update-16/

Nice detail

150408255_3502898939823035_8826024857899153583_n.png.b06c7941e65996a5f3bc18c5afba6010.png

• Like 1

I have an eclectic YouTube channel making videos on a variety of games. Come and have look here:

https://www.youtube.com/c/NeonsStyleHD

Dark Mod Missions: Briarwood Manor - available here or in game

http://forums.thedarkmod.com/topic/18980-fan-mission-briarwood-manor-by-neonsstyle-first-mission-6082017-update-16/

Some years ago I showed Bikerdude my hometown in de Netherlands, Deventer.
I found a video on youtube, where somebody walks around this city in our old city streets, after a winter storm.
Take a look at this video:
Some inspirational parts: from 0:00 - 4:21, 7:04 - 12:58, 13:10 - 23:58, 26:36 (hotel where bikerdude stayed at).

Edited by freyk
  • Like 1

Info: My portfolio and darkmod graphical installer
Amnesty for Bikerdude!

This is from 2018 but as far as I know not posted previously. Since there's some crossover in Thief/TDM and Dishonored playerbases, and since it's another exercise in recreating/expanding an immersive sim, I thought it might be of interest:

https://calvinatorr.wordpress.com/

Edit: also, by the same artist: https://www.artstation.com/calvinatorr/albums/565423

Edited by VanishedOne

Some things I'm repeatedly thinking about...

- louder scream when you're dying

Youtube suggested me this channel a while ago. Really cool stuff the dude is doing. The annotations are in german, but he only writes what he currently does or what material he is using. For me watching him doing what he is doing and the final result is much more interesting, though.

• Like 1

FM's: Builder Roads, Old Habits, Old Habits Rebuild

Mapping and Scripting: Apples and Peaches

Sculptris Models and Tutorials: Obsttortes Models

My wiki articles: Obstipedia

Texture Blending in DR: DR ASE Blend Exporter

Archaeologists have now uncovered a link to the capital’s lost ice trade with the rediscovery, under one of London’s most prestigious addresses, of an enormous 18th-century ice store, the existence of which had been almost entirely forgotten... Workers would then climb down into the void from a small corridor near the top, to chip off blocks when required...

“At one point there were probably a couple of thousand ice wells in London, but most of them were probably quite small. What this one does and why it is significant is it bridges the gap between [the time when] ice was only for the very wealthy, to a kind of mass availability of ice, which you get from the 1830s and 40s.”

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2018/dec/28/chilling-discovery-archaeologists-uncover-lost-ice-house-under-london-street

Some things I'm repeatedly thinking about...

- louder scream when you're dying

Sys Specs Laptop Lenovo V145 15AST, AMD A9- 9425 Radeon R5 - 5 cores 3,1 GHz  RAM 8Gb, GPU 1+2 Gb -Win10 64 v21H2

Favorite online apps you may like too 😉

2 hours ago, NeonsStyle said:

How is this building still standing? Amazing!

Maths, I assume :D

• Like 1

FM's: Builder Roads, Old Habits, Old Habits Rebuild

Mapping and Scripting: Apples and Peaches

Sculptris Models and Tutorials: Obsttortes Models

My wiki articles: Obstipedia

Texture Blending in DR: DR ASE Blend Exporter

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

800px-Chapel_of_St_Mary,_Jesmond_Dene,_N

People could extrapolate the original pilgrimage chapel from this ruin and make it part of some mission witha  Builder pilgrimage chapel (one that's still standing, not a ruin).

9 hours ago, freyk said:

Oh, thats a nice one, @Zerg Rush. For creating a concept, on- and offline.
But i cant find any license information about the images/fonts, only that the project is MIT licensed.

I don't think that the licence is a problem, middleage images don't have copyright (Scary if somone reclaims it). Like the other map generator, license says "Use it for what you want" In the License the only condicion is to include the name of the autor of this soft in the credits page (Ancient Map created with the soft from.....) , if it is use in a mission. Similar to the CC license.

hfWtuLO.png

Copyright is valid for 70 years, if there is no one to renew it. For example, old films from before 1950 are in the public domain, with the exception of some of Chaplin, where the family still holds the rights, the same in some other films, images or others.

Edited by Zerg Rush

Sys Specs Laptop Lenovo V145 15AST, AMD A9- 9425 Radeon R5 - 5 cores 3,1 GHz  RAM 8Gb, GPU 1+2 Gb -Win10 64 v21H2

How about some music, instead of a location?
I found a music channel "beeldle the bardcore "on youtube,
where popular music  is remade with medieval  instruments.
(you can also do it yourself, using a midi file, a DAW and some VST's using medieval instrument samples)

For example some Rap tunes to "pimp up the pub":

Edited by freyk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Info: My portfolio and darkmod graphical installer
Amnesty for Bikerdude!

• 3 weeks later...

Nice, but in music there is a copyright, not for the middleage partiture, but from the artist which interpret it., not all of them permit a free use.

There are sites where you can download royalty free music, but paying the licence.

There are some sites with CC or copyleft music, but no medieval. Not so easy with soundtracks for public uses.

Edited by Zerg Rush