The Dark Mod Forums

Darkmod: Inspiration thread

Bikerdude

• 1 month later...

I visited "Schwarzwald" ("Black forest"), a region in the South-West of Germany,
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Forest
And found some nice places for you, for some inspiration:

baden-baden - kurpark and trinkkalle:

Karls ruhe

Rasstat - the pink mansion

Strasbourg - Petite France, France
Streetview:
https://www.google.com/maps/@48.5815766,7.74153,3a,75y,135.66h,103.8t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sCJ4tkFmwlMVTtQhzq3pYig!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Extra:
Limburg, Germany

Edited by freyk
  • Like 1

Info: My portfolio and darkmod graphical installer
Amnesty for Bikerdude!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

1211_Zaandam_004.JPGPeople posted some nice houses in this topic.

It seems that we in the Netherlands, can stack up old-dutch-traditional-houses

"Gestapelde Zaanse huisjes" in Zaandam, the Netherlands
(trans. "stacked-up Zaanisch little houses")
Google Streetview:
https://goo.gl/maps/K1HGFiKWx4Np6T1X9
(original link)

Edited by freyk

Info: My portfolio and darkmod graphical installer
Amnesty for Bikerdude!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I always wished for a Thief 2 fan mission campaign which takes place after the original one. With a resurrected Karras by blood magic. A more creepy story featuring a combination of undead steampunk enemies.

Since this did never happen, I would be also happy with a few more thief 2 mechanist-like units in TDM, so please take this inspirational picture. 😁 I always loved the interesting gameplay mechanics that were introduced with Karras' units. I know that new NPCs are always unlikely to happen, since it's modeling, rigging, animating, sound,... I know, I know - but never say never. Hopefully there's another Karras enthusiast out there seeing this and starting to work on humanoid robots for The Dark Mod 😅

Resurrected Karras 01.jpeg

Edited by SeriousToni
Image link didn't work
  • Like 1

"Einen giftigen Trank aus Kräutern und Wurzeln für die närrischen Städter wollen wir brauen." - Text aus einem verlassenen Heidenlager

I always wondered about Karras's helmet in T2. Is there an in-game explanation for why it has such an elongated cranium? Is he supposed to be a mutant with a big brain, or is it just hubris? Did he steal his helmet from the "Precursors" of the Lost City and it serves as an oblique reference to skull-binding practiced in several real life ancient cultures?

Sorry if this is off-topic.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Bluehawk said:

I always wondered about Karras's helmet in T2. Is there an in-game explanation for why it has such an elongated cranium? Is he supposed to be a mutant with a big brain, or is it just hubris? Did he steal his helmet from the "Precursors" of the Lost City and it serves as an oblique reference to skull-binding practiced in several real life ancient cultures?

Sorry if this is off-topic.

Tbh for me it always felt like a design decision with not too much of an afterthought. I really like your way of thinking - that it was some kind of artifact or replica of the precursors. That's really interesting and blew my mind while reading. I wish there were more information about this!

"Einen giftigen Trank aus Kräutern und Wurzeln für die närrischen Städter wollen wir brauen." - Text aus einem verlassenen Heidenlager

• 4 weeks later...

There are a lot of text2image tools, but this one is a step away, it's text to 3D image

(at minute 7 of the video)

https://www.latentlabs.art/?ref=futuretools.io (free, no account needed)

Edited by Zerg Rush

Sys Specs Laptop Lenovo V145 15AST, AMD A9- 9425 Radeon R5 - 5 cores 3,1 GHz  RAM 8Gb, GPU 1+2 Gb -Win10 64 v21H2

Favorite online apps you may like too 😉

• 3 weeks later...

Nice page which may serve as inspiration of new maps. It's a historic World Atlas, which shows the istoric aspects of the different countries and cities

https://mprove.de/chronoscope/world-de.html

Sys Specs Laptop Lenovo V145 15AST, AMD A9- 9425 Radeon R5 - 5 cores 3,1 GHz  RAM 8Gb, GPU 1+2 Gb -Win10 64 v21H2

Favorite online apps you may like too 😉

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I can almost read the xdata on those scrolls

• Like 1

My missions:           Stand-alone                                                      Duncan Lynch series                              

Down and Out on Newford Road              the Factory Heist

A House Call

The House of deLisle