The Dark Mod Forums

Vertical Contest Mission: Somewhere Above the City by Grayman (Aug 20, 2010)

Somewhere Above the City by Grayman (2010/8/20) Summer FM Vertical Contest Entry  

69 members have voted

1. 1. 1. Gameplay: Enjoyment. Fun duration. Smooth flow, ect. Versus Bugs. Frustration, Boredom, framelag

2. 2. 2. Appearance: Vertical use, Visual pleasure, lighting, visual style, deduct bad texturing etc.

3. 3. 3. Story & Text: Story. Text. Briefing. Graphic storytelling

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What an awesome mission! I really enjoyed this one. It had strong Thief 1 and 2 vibes to it with the grimy yet spacious interior of the tower. I finished with a mediocre stealth score (got into a fig

Woo-hoo! Done!   A new version is now available, v1.1. Thanks to all who commented on the first version.         Thanks to my beta testers:   Bikerdude HappyCheeze Xarg     The Story:   The Builders h

@thebigh   Glad you enjoyed it. My first mission, so so long ago!    

Posted Images

Seeing some minor visual glitches using the latest version

- always lit brick walls in the dark rooms / panels in the clock room

- blinking glass in the clock room

Also, when on the very top the skybox looks like the tower is in the middle of the ocean or in the clouds.

I played the whole mission and didn't see these problems.

Is the 'blinking glass' simply the lightning going off?

And the 'ocean or clouds' effect is because the tower is very high and is above one of the cloud layers.

Can I get a screenshot of the 'always lit brick walls'?

Thanks.

I set r_usefbo to 1 and see no difference.

Here's a screenshot.

post-3633-0-91760100-1498758851_thumb.jpg

In any case, these aren't mission problems, so you should post them in the appropriate thread where the 2.06 work is being done, so someone can address them.

• Like 1
  • 11 months later...

Replayed the mission now and got a hang at the end of the cinematic debriefing. TDM freezes and stops responding after the priest says "let the builder judge the thief at the day of reckoning". I killed the bad priest and that got mentioned in the debriefing.

Pressing esc to skip the debriefing neither works right at the start of the cinematic nor when it already stopped. TDM just hangs and ALT-Tab does not work.

Windows shows the common not responding dialog when CTRL-ALT-Entfing into task manager and switching back to TDM.

Replayed the mission now and got a hang at the end of the cinematic debriefing. TDM freezes and stops responding after the priest says "let the builder judge the thief at the day of reckoning". I killed the bad priest and that got mentioned in the debriefing.

Pressing esc to skip the debriefing neither works right at the start of the cinematic nor when it already stopped. TDM just hangs and ALT-Tab does not work.

Windows shows the common not responding dialog when CTRL-ALT-Entfing into task manager and switching back to TDM.

Try:

r_cinematic_legacyRoq 1

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

I assume you created a tracker issue for the reported problem, so it would be great to post the link here ;)

http://bugs.thedarkmod.com/view.php?id=4835

there you go :)

• Like 1

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

• 1 month later...

This is hard to reproduce problem, and it is completely unrelated to cinematics (I mean everything named: roq, ffmpeg, video).

While playing through the mission, I also noticed some white objects (issue 4869).

• Like 1
  • 2 years later...

What an awesome mission! I really enjoyed this one. It had strong Thief 1 and 2 vibes to it with the grimy yet spacious interior of the tower. I finished with a mediocre stealth score (got into a fight with the little spideys at the temple) and nabbed all but about 100 of the loot.

Another thing I liked was that there's more going on in the City than just your mission... the dead watch guy in the temple for instance, and the jerk counting his loot at the start of the mission.

I wish I could map this well. Gives me something to aspire to.

• Like 2

{ 0 | 🞵 }

My missions:          the Factory Heist