The Dark Mod Forums

Upcoming Fan Missions

nbohr1more

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I kinda wanted to keep it a secret rolleyes.gif , but I'm working on it as we speak. Don't want to spoil too much but it does involve a bank. If everything goes according to plan and I have the time it will be released this year. The more time the sooner it will be released tongue.gif . Won't be a huge FM, would say small to medium sized. Rather keep it small and interesting and learn from the mistakes of part 1. Speaking of part 1, it's very likely I'm going to release a redux version which will be rebuild from scratch with help from the feedback I had from the community. I'm thinking about releasing the two parts together, but that all depends on the time I have.

Edited by Carnage

Well I kinda wanted to keep it a secret rolleyes.gif , but I'm working on it as we speak. Don't want to spoil too much but it does involve a bank. If everything goes according to plan and I have the time it will be released this year. The more time the sooner it will be released tongue.gif . Won't be a huge FM, would say small to medium sized. Rather keep it small and interesting and learn from the mistakes of part 1. Speaking of part 1, it's very likely I'm going to release a redux version which will be rebuild from scratch with help from the feedback I had from the community. I'm thinking about releasing the two parts together, but that all depends on the time I have.

Good news, Carnage cool.gif and thanks for the info!

I just replayed this yesterday. I like a smaller map, not everything has to be huge so that my machine is begging for mercy and crashing every half an hour.

A bank, eh? Can't wait. As for part 1, I liked it and I didn't have any problems with it. A redux version? Together with part 2? Interesting... I absolutely won't mind replaying this one wub.gif Keep us updated on your progress, please. Helps with the withdrawl symptoms... tongue.gif

Summer

Might I suggest that you have either an alternate column for a stricter date format or integrate it a bit more into the existing date column as best as can be done whenever an actual date is fully or even somewhat determined? This would serve the purpose of being able to sort that column, which, at least to me is the most important info to be gleaned...

(And, importantly, {still having to argue this with folks sadly} the way to notate dates is most signif...lastsignif -- eg. 2010-09-21)

ETA: Edited 5 days after the fact... noticed I said "gleamed" where "gleaned" was intended.

And now for a gleaming smile:

:D

Edited by aidakeeley

"A Rhapsody Of Feigned And Ill-Invented Nonsense" - Thomas Aikenhead, On Theology, ca. 1696

In March, I think, there was a youtube video floating at TTLG about a TDM FM the Noble Cave by AluminumHaste. The video was awesome! wub.gif Any news on that...?

Summer

(I have developed the unfortunate habit of checking the upcoming TDM FM wiki every day and I - just - can't - wait... Should probably take a learning annex course on patience.)

Edited by Summer

In March, I think, there was a youtube video floating at TTLG about a TDM FM the Noble Cave by AluminumHaste. The video was awesome! wub.gif Any news on that...?

Summer

(I have developed the unfortunate habit of checking the upcoming TDM FM wiki every day and I - just - can't - wait... Should probably take a learning annex course on patience.)

Link :-

Within the last couple of days I've emailed spitter to ask again if he has abandoned it I would be willing to finish it off. It would be a tragedy to waste it.

Any reply from Spitter, Fidcal? :)

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

Yes:

http://www.interstellarburst.com/

You should click the links in the wiki:

http://wiki.thedarkmod.com/index.php?title=Upcoming_Fan_Missions

(AluminumHaste's "Nobel Cave" Youtube link was also already in the wiki)...

;)

Well... we all hope that flurry of authors from 2009 comes to fruition.

I have a bad feeling that those 2009 folks built the architecture (because of the ease of Dark Radiant) but got stumped by leaks and visportals...

Maybe it's seasonal and we'll see those folks back here for the holidays with finished maps... :)

(or they will donate their unfinished stuff to Fidcal...)

Here's hoping... :)

Thanks for your appreciation LEGION.

HappyCheeze's "Internal Halloween FM" is slated for release to the public "Sometime in the future" and thus has been added to the Upcoming FM wiki. ;)

I'm doubtful of meeting the Christmas deadline for Den 5 & 6. Done 4/5ths of 1st floor; two more to go. Still working on it but probably lost a month or two or three with other tasks like the tudor arch and grass edges and so on which were incredibly wasteful of time and the grass is still not done and I may need to do work on foliage ground cover. They are just a lot of work for what is only a tiny, tiny, part of the whole FM.

Still nothing from Spitter. I see he checked in at ttlg's lost authors thread in August which might be the last contact:

http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117653&p=2007239&viewfull=1#post2007239

I forgot about Halloween, hmmm I think my cathedral mission would be a good candidate for that...

In fact, tell you what I'm gonna do just that - updating the wiki now!

:ph34r:

Looking forward to this! I recall seeing some cathedral shots for a TDM level floating around a year ago. Was that yours? I think it was over on TTLG.

--- War does not decide who is right, war decides who is left.