The Dark Mod Forums

Seven Sisters; night 1; Stuck

Mr Lemony Fresh

Hello, I'm stuck can anyone help me? I've got the heart amulet, but I'm sure how I'm meant to destroy the heart amulet... is there a river of lava nearby? (a hint would be great)

Also, it says I need to find the sister's stone key. I searched her house top to bottom. I found out that she is probably a lesbian, but no stone keys.

And, I'd just like to comment upon the reunion of the rescued Basso and cured jenaveve. Isn't it weird? when they meet in the kitchen they just stand there as though noting has happened :o would have made sense if they told you they wanted to be alone in a room that you can't get into where they could talk about what had happened (with a muffled speech loop)

Just saying.

Also, Is it just me or does Maya love boobs?

And remember how that zombie dies on the street when you first come out of the house? is that unavoidable? do you have to save it to get the extra optional save/cure all the zombie objective.

lastly, damn, there's a horrible ringing sensation in my brain.

18588.png

The amulet:

You have to go to the hidden shrine below the haunted seminary (if you haven't found it, the entrance is a stone panel close to the exit), and drop the amulet into a basin there

The stone key:

In the Sister's house, you can open a secret door next to her bedroom upstairs - I can't recall the exact location of the switch, but it is not very difficult to find.

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

It's a long while since I played this. There should be a walkthrough somewhere. Certainly there is a big thread for each level over at ttlg where every question is answered. I think there was a different method of destroying for each amulet.

Having now read Melan's answer, that was my first thought but then I thought, no that's what I thought when I played it but I was wrong! Maybe it was later amulets I tried there without success. I have a vague memory of ... oh well, I'm drifting into spoiler territory. Enjoy. It is a great FM and I mourn that I can't get Thief to work on my Vista machine. One day I will have another attempt.

The later amulets have to be destroyed by other means.

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

Because of this post, Seven Sisters is (now) my first FM ever played (still on night-1) in T1/T2. Thanks to the Dark Mod community, I shall now begin collecting FMs for the original Thief games.

What others must I play? I prefer to stick with Thief2 FMs unless there are some outrageously good ones for TDP.

Edited by PranQster

System: Mageia Linux Cauldron, aka Mageia 8

Leave it to me to screw it up :(

I cannot finish Night-1 without having to do the whole thing over. I needed to cure 4 sick people, besides Basso's girlfriend. The problem is that some guards, looking for me, killed the infected hobo who was by the campfire in the sewer (by the broken gate). I was cycling 3 saves and saved all of them way beyond that.

Stupid me did not cure the sick when I had the chance, I was saving up the holy potions to cure them after other objectives. :(

The only conscious living beings left in the map are 5 humans (3 are in jail at the police station and 2 others have been cured) and 1 monkey. The last remaining human cured by me met with my blackjack right afterward.

Enjoy. It is a great FM and I mourn that I can't get Thief to work on my Vista machine. One day I will have another attempt.

I'm not sure if this applies anymore, but in older versions of Windows you could right-click on a program's shortcut (or maybe it was the .exe file itself) and edit the properties with the option of a 'compatibility mode'. You could change some parameters which affected how the program would run, memory allocation, etc. So then you could make a program designed for 16bit Windows95/98 run properly in 32bit Windows/NT/2K/XP(?).

There was also an option in either an .ini file in the Windows/system or system32 directory (system.ini, maybe), or on the Thief/T2 install disk. If edited properly, it would allow installation on an NT/2k/XP system. It either added NT/2K to the options for allowed operating systems for the Thief install, or it made NT/2k identify itself as 95/98... I forget which.

Ahh... nevermind, it was the 'd:\setup.exe -lgntforce' command to force installation on NT which had poor DirectX support back in the day.

Here... this may help:

http://www.ttlg.com/...p?t=75031#16bit

more found here:

http://www.ttlg.com/...ead.php?t=75031

Edited by PranQster

Unfortunately, ddfix and the expansion pack, etc. only made Thief2 crash to the desktop when a mission loaded. Thankfully I had backed up my game directory first, so I am back to 1024 res and the original textures.

Do any of these FMs actually require the ddfix or expansion packs? Or will they run with the original graphics?

Edited by PranQster

Dude, play the following as well:

-Rose cottage

-The tower

-Conspiricies in the dark

They're my favourites. Can't go wrong with them, and rose cottage looks absolutely amazing.

Also, Im still stuck on the journal objective, i found dr knox's but I can't for the life me find Malthus's journal!

-I checked in his potion store (that's his place right?) I checked the police station and I checked the mechanist complex! I can't find it anywhere :(

Edited by Mr Lemony Fresh
18588.png

Also, Im still stuck on the journal objective, i found dr knox's but I can't for the life me find Malthus's journal!

-I checked in his potion store (that's his place right?) I checked the police station and I checked the mechanist complex! I can't find it anywhere :(

Look for a dead priest in a chair. Read the journal which is open right in front of him. The other journal is near the diseased woman who was locked up alone (not Basso's girlfriend).

Edited by PranQster

Are you kidding? I thought I searched that area thoroughly >:( I shall go back then...

EDIT: Ok something is definitely wrong, I've read both journals before and again now and nothing has happened. Maybe I'll just skip night1 when I play later. But will that undo all the locks I've half finished?

Edited by Mr Lemony Fresh
18588.png

Are you kidding? I thought I searched that area thoroughly >:( I shall go back then...

EDIT: Ok something is definitely wrong, I've read both journals before and again now and nothing has happened. Maybe I'll just skip night1 when I play later. But will that undo all the locks I've half finished?

It is quite possible that I am confused. I had finished all objectives except curing 4 townspeople (because 1 too many were killed by the guards due to guards searching for me and finding a diseased homeless guy)... so I thought those were the 2 journals.

Anyway, I'm going to start over tonight. It should take me less than half the time as the first time I tried since I know where to go now. I spent a lot of time wandering the map before.

Hey pranQster, may have got this confused with what your saying but... the objective asks for you to look at Dr knox's and malthus's journal. Personally i might have looked at malthus's journal before triggering the objective and causing a problem, but in that case, just press alt ctrl shift end when you've done as much as you can since you get both your picks on the seconds night anyway.

18588.png

Hey pranQster, may have got this confused with what your saying but... the objective asks for you to look at Dr knox's and malthus's journal. Personally i might have looked at malthus's journal before triggering the objective and causing a problem, but in that case, just press alt ctrl shift end when you've done as much as you can since you get both your picks on the seconds night anyway.

Well, I re-played this one and finished it tonight.

Dr Knox's Journal was down on the counter near the woman in the cell. The other journal was in a bedroom behind a red banner. I was completely wrong about the journal by the dead guy... that was just related to the ghost inside the cathedral.

Heh, it took 2 hours less to complete night1 this time around.

I'm having a new problem... I'm on night 2 and the only thing i need now is to find the sister bound to air and her stone key. The only place I havn't been able to reach that looked reachable was the vent above the rafters in the basement of that tavern that has some women dancing out the front and an archer fast asleep by the table.

18588.png

I'm having a new problem... I'm on night 2 and the only thing i need now is to find the sister bound to air and her stone key. The only place I havn't been able to reach that looked reachable was the vent above the rafters in the basement of that tavern that has some women dancing out the front and an archer fast asleep by the table.

I haven't started night2 yet (well, I have but I saved my game in my room and have yet to start), so I don't know.

Nevermind, I found it, but it was quite hard to reach and I reckon it should have been altered...

So if you get stuck finding the air women, give us a shout.

I played half of night2 last night and finished tonight. I had no troubles. I actually found the 3 stone keys & gem hearts fairly early in my first session. I basically worked my way around the map backwards from how I did with night1 and did the police station and cathedral areas last. For my last 3 infected people, I lured one from a shop near the police station back to the cathedral and healed him along with the other 2 which were patrolling the cathedral area... 3 with one holy water.

I got all objectives for Expert except the 'heal all infected in this area'... I missed that for night1 also. The part where I got the most stuck for several minutes was finding my way to the upper level at Guille's manor... kept walking past where I needed to climb up, looking for a different way.

Night3 comes tomorrow.

Edited by PranQster