DarkRadiant 1.5.0 pre-release sanity check

greebo

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

testing...

[update]

installed correctly, no mor4e crash on shutdown thus far. but the loading popup spazzes out(its goes to the full wdith of the screen) when loading a lap - at the loading sound section, but then returns to normal and carry's on loading the map.

Edited by Bikerdude

Sounds good, thanks for testing.

Spoke too soon, the crash error after shutdown is back -

Problem Event Name:	APPCRASH
Application Name:	DarkRadiant.exe
Application Version:	0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp:	4c986eff
Fault Module Name:	eventmanager.dll_unloaded
Fault Module Version:	0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp:	4c984985
Exception Code:	c0000005
Exception Offset:	0395c440
OS Version:	6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID:	2057
Additional Information 1:	0a9e
Additional Information 2:	0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3:	0a9e
Additional Information 4:	0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

NB. I run Dr and Doom at the same time, and DR 1.4.0 doesn't exhibit this crash error.

Using x64 pre3:

I have missing axis arrow tips, makes dragging stuff around and resizing a bit interesting. Could be a setting tho.

The sound loading progress dialog resizes to its max length. Not too much of an issue.

I haven't checked this in pre3, but it was there in pre2 : Some materials can cause the material browser to freak out and print out material lines as sub-items of the material. Like a folder with each line of the material increasing its depth.

Haven't noticed any crashing.

Spoke too soon, the crash error after shutdown is back -

NB. I run Dr and Doom at the same time, and DR 1.4.0 doesn't exhibit this crash error.

You're saying that running D3 could make a difference? Is the crash reproducible or random? Can you give me specific steps? I'm loading all kinds of maps here, but it doesn't crash on me, so I need more detailed instructions.

@Serpentine: missing axis arrow tips? What exactly is this? Can you give me a screenshot?

You're saying that running D3 could make a difference? Is the crash reproducible or random? Can you give me specific steps? I'm loading all kinds of maps here, but it doesn't crash on me, so I need more detailed instructions.

Right I did the following steps without doom running btw:

1. started DR, waited for it to load, then shutdown - no crash.

2. started DR, waited for it to load, then load map, then shutdown - no crash.

3. started DR, waited for it to load, then load map, leaving program running for 10mins, then shutdown - no crash.

4. started DR, waited for it to load, then load map, did some work in DR for 10 mins, then shutdown - then it produced a crash.

Does this help..?

Edited by Bikerdude

Hm, ok. The did some work in DR for 10 mins part is obviously containing the trigger. The actual duration is not a problem, it's one of the steps you did while mapping which are enabling the crash at shutdown. It'd be nice to have these narrowed down to a few specific steps, otherwise debugging is too much trial & miss.

I'm using DR for my own mapping too, let's see when I run into it.

(One more possibility (if all else fails) would be to attempt a remote debugging session, but for this setup we both need to be online at the same time and you need the Remote Debugging Monitor running on your system (and we need to be in the same network, which we can achieve via Hamachi, I guess)).

(One more possibility (if all else fails) would be to attempt a remote debugging session, but for this setup we both need to be online at the same time and you need the Remote Debugging Monitor running on your system (and we need to be in the same network, which we can achieve via Hamachi, I guess)).

Hi Greebs, yeah i have no problem with that, I'm installing Hamachi now and I'll drop you a pm..

Whoah, not so fast :) - I just got home a few minutes ago. I need to make some tests with my brother's machine, so that I know exactly how to set this up on your end. You'll also need an up to date DarkRadiant compile, which I can give you tomorrow or something like that.

Found 2 more bugs:

• When selecting the option "Create Entity" there is a long delay before the window pops up
  • I only had this on one of my maps: lights sources i created were staying black (hue/Sat/Value were all stuck on zero) and no matter what I did they would stay on zero. So put DR 1.4 back on and all's well.

I have downloaded this and started testing on a day off. There are three issues so far to report beyond what people have already mentioned.

1) Brush splits seem to be more visible in the editor - there is a black hairline crack that seems stronger than in earlier versions. This has not showed up when I loaded up the game, but there you go.

2) This is more serious. When I open up a light with the light inspector and modify Hue/Saturation/Value, the light reverts to 0/0/0 when closing the inspector or selecting another light. I will try and restart my PC on chance this is a one-off glitch, but... [edit]Nope, still there.[/edit]

3) When I exit the programme, it sometimes crashes instead of terminating normally.

For the time being, I will reinstall a previous version.

Edited by Melan

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

2) This is more serious. When I open up a light with the light inspector and modify Hue/Saturation/Value, the light reverts to 0/0/0 when closing the inspector or selecting another light. I will try and restart my PC on chance this is a one-off glitch, but... [edit]Nope, still there.[/edit]

Greebs, I have been getting the above issue on top of the others also. But because it only happened one I ignored it..

• 2 weeks later...

After just installed Win7x64 to see if I can get around the mallocc errors Im getting with my oversized map.

x64

poor 3D performance in textured mode.

load progress window stretching.

x86

load progress window stretching.

getting crash error on shutdown.

turning lights black - is setting Hue/Sat/Val all to zero (i havent tried this on the x64 version though)

Edited by Bikerdude

• 3 weeks later...

Two new test builds available:

http://www.dramthethief.com/darkmod/files/darkradiant/darkradiant-1.5.0pre9.exe (x86)

http://www.dramthethief.com/darkmod/files/darkradiant/darkradiant-1.5.0pre9.x64.exe (x64)

Changes in this build:

- Speedened up Choose Entity dialog

- Fixed LightInspector reverting light colour to black.

- Loading window should not be stretching anymore

- Particle previewer

- Bumpmaps in lighting mode should be rendered again

Although it doesn't display a few particles(for now) it's a great timesaver for sure.

Which particles are you referring to? It should be fully capable of rendering all particle declarations in the D3 base and TDM.