The Dark Mod Forums

Questions on TDM "canon"

Strider

Having not had the chance to play through all of the available FMs yet, I'm wondering if anyone would like to supply me with some brief info on a couple of topics, so that I can continue developing my storyline without fear of stepping on anyone's toes.

Basically I just need to know to what extent the higher-ups (both of persons and locales) in the Builder Church have been represented (directly or indirectly) so far -- for example:

Has the "Grand Cathedral" been located in a specific part of the City yet? The Wiki says it's "on the hill," but that's it.

To what extent, if any, have the Inquisitors and their power structure been fleshed out? My mission(s) will deal heavily with them, even to the point of perhaps creating a headquarters of sorts for them in Bridgeport (unless that's been done already).

Feel free to point me to the missions that might include this sort of information, rather than just telling me outright :)

If this clears up what sort of info I'm interested in: I'm working on what is likely to be a handful of missions dealing with the Church and how it would deal with heresy in the upper echelons society.

There's info on the Wiki but honestly I don't think any of the FM's so far have dealt very far into any specific topics.

In my current wip I'm gonna be pretty vague about what part of the city you're in and all that. I don't want to be establishing any specifics that others have to follow or work around and I suspect most FM's will be like that anyway. It's supposed to be a huge city with some million residents or something so there's plenty of room for random streets in Bridgeport that the player may never see or hear of again.

Dark is the sway that mows like a harvest

Basically I just need to know to what extent the higher-ups (both of persons and locales) in the Builder Church have been represented (directly or indirectly) so far -- for example:

I wouldn't worry about it too much. There's a wiki page for notable figures (http://wiki.thedarkmod.com/index.php?title=Clergy/Builder_Characters), but there hasn't been a lot of discussion over what is "canon" in released FMs beyond that. I suspect it will develop organically.

To what extent, if any, have the Inquisitors and their power structure been fleshed out? My mission(s) will deal heavily with them, even to the point of perhaps creating a headquarters of sorts for them in Bridgeport (unless that's been done already).

"The Builder's Influence" goes into the Inquisition to some degree, but that's the only one that does. The inquisition is very heavily modeled on the historical spanish inquisition, so do your best to use that as a base. If you have specific ideas or questions you want to run by me, let me know.

(It's probably worth noting that the Inquisitor character is not yet in game.)

"The Builder's Influence" goes into the Inquisition to some degree, but that's the only one that does. The inquisition is very heavily modeled on the historical spanish inquisition, so do your best to use that as a base. If you have specific ideas or questions you want to run by me, let me know.

(It's probably worth noting that the Inquisitor character is not yet in game.)

That's basically what I've been going on so far -- and I'll be sure Builder's Influence is the next one I load up. Will there eventually be some unique Inquisitor AIs in the game? I can make do no problem with the Builders we have available right now, but that would be pretty cool, I think. Particularly if they were given their own voice acting :D

spanish inquisition, so do your best to use that as a base. If you have specific ideas or questions you want to run by me, let me know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAn7baRbhx4

|=-=------=-=|

happycheeze.deviantart.com

Moddb

Gamers Outreach, a nonprofit that uses videogames to raise money for chairty.

|=-=------=-=|

Amongst their weaponry are fear, surprise, an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope, and a nice red uniform!