The Dark Mod Forums

Toggle creep and run

Hewer

I want to set the creep and run modifier buttons to toggle.

I found in the wiki: in_toggleRun: If set to 1, causes the run button to act as a toggle.

That sounds like what I want (although I'd like to set the creep to toggle, also), but I don't know how to make that change.

Is there an .ini file or something that I can edit, or do I do it from the console- or something else?

Also, is there a way to extend my 'reach' so I can pick things up off the floor without having to crouch? I did a search on the wiki, but I'm not even sure what to search for.

I realize this can affect gameplay by allowing me to get to things in a way that an FM author didn't intend for me to be able to and the like, but I'm finding that having to crouch to pick up an item feels clunky and is breaking immersion for me.

Overall, TDM is awesome- Thanks for all your efforts, you guys.

in_toggleRun only works in multiplayer. I did post about how to toggle to/from always run/walk but I'll have to search for it because I don't use it myself.

I doubt you'll be able to do the same with creep because there is no equivalent to 'always run'

I also see no solution to extending reach because even if possible (eg, edit the entire map) it would definitely break maps and let you frob other stuff you shouldn't eg, a lever through a locked gate. Sorry you find the crouch to frob non-immersive. I feel the opposite when a key or coin jumps effortlessly off the ground into my hand. :) This was a team decision to slightly shorten frob distance to make Dark Mod more realistic and, ironically, more immersive.

Hey, thanks- that's exactly what I'm looking for on toggling the running. I'll give it a go. Toggling the creep would be nice, but the running is much more important. I've been having a hard time running, jumping and mantling and stuff while having to hold that extra key that I'm not used to.

As for crouching to pick things off the floor- I guess I'll just have to get used to it. To me, if I see a coin or something on the floor, I just bend over and pick it up without thinking about it- as far as my awareness of what I'm doing goes, it's almost as if my arm stretches down so I can grab. Of course, my head bobs way down, but I tune that out- I'm not very aware of it. I'm thinking more about what I'm picking up. I don't crouch unless it's under a table or something.

This isn't a big deal, and I'm not trying to raise a stink- I'll just have to get used to it like the more realistic jumping, falling and archery. Those are a little frustrating right now, but I'm starting to get the hang of them. The training mission is great.

I've tried, but this isn't working for me. I opened 'DoomConfig.cfg' in Wordpad and added this to it:

bind "r" "toggle in_alwaysRun 0 1;"

I copied and pasted that right out of the file so you can see if I got some spaces wrong or something. I don't have anything else using the 'r' key, and I uninstalled and re-installed the training mission (the only one I have so far). I've tried it with always run enabled and disabled.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong...