The Dark Mod Forums

A game taffers might like...

Bikerdude

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the way models can be dragged and dropped, I wish could do that in TDM with objects as well as textures...

And the way the path_corners were set for the monster was far quicker than DR. Oh and the way the windows light and spot light were manipulated, that was just so much more intuitive..

Edited by Bikerdude

Yeah there were a couple of cool features on that editor it'd be nice to have for DR. But on the other hand DR could do a lot of what it could do too, so we're not doing too bad.

Without sophisticated AI it's still limited to being mainly a puzzle game, so I can't see building for it like I can with Dromed and DR. But I could see myself making like a small 5-room map for this game. That could be fun.

What do you see when you turn out the light? I can't tell you but I know that it's mine.

While playing the demo, I wanted TDM to have a player hand hold up a lantern :D

|=-=------=-=|

happycheeze.deviantart.com

Moddb

Gamers Outreach, a nonprofit that uses videogames to raise money for chairty.

|=-=------=-=|

It has nice ambient sounds and is very dark. I'm intrigued. Playing it in the afternoon sun though would just be wrong.

Will definitely continue tonight. :)

Games like these make me cry because my CRT died. Playing it with a constant warm even glow throughout the whole screen (on an LCD) just isn't as immersive as that CRT that can show complete darks.

Edited by lost_soul

--- War does not decide who is right, war decides who is left.

While playing the demo, I wanted TDM to have a player hand hold up a lantern :D

I like Frictionalgames, 2 guys that make indy games!

The very BIG BIG plus for me: they make a LINUX version of the game, at day zero of release. Preordered !

While playing the demo, I wanted TDM to have a player hand hold up a lantern

I agree, the latern it's so cute.

Edited by Ladro

Seeing yourself hold the lantern works better in a game where you're not using your hands as much. If it were Dark Mod, you'd have to control for the player dropping the lantern to draw a weapon, or when he mantled or climbed a ladder or rope ... So many contingencies and one easy way out: Just strap the damn thing on his belt and game-on. :laugh:

(That isn't to say holding up a lantern doesn't look cool.)

What do you see when you turn out the light? I can't tell you but I know that it's mine.

the lantern hand, really?? I thought it looked sorta goofy in the video. Maybe it would be neat while playing, but I'm skeptical

Agreed. It looked too rigid somehow. Like he had a stick with a plastic hand holding the lantern.

Clipper

-The mapper's best friend.