The Dark Mod Forums

Drivel

dSpair

It would be hard for me to magically turn everybody here to assholes, but to keep assholes from coming - yes, this is possible.

The best way to avoid assholezation is to try to avoid such harsh tone.

Otherwise one asshole can induce other -entirely sensible people- to become assholes as well. Net effect is disastrous for everyone. Let's keep our own standards high and let's not be unnecessarily rude: if someone is an asshole, that is no excuse for someone else to turn into one as well.

Clipper

-The mapper's best friend.

Calling for deletions and threats of locking threads == censorship.

But further...

If you all don't want this turning into a forum like "this" or "that one", then don't become a gaggle of hypocrites -- a mob. You may not see it, but I clearly see it.

There have been plenty of threads going "off topic" around here, and it's all quite "chummy" and fine... until one of the "lesser" posters tries it, apparently. This is insidious.

There have been, in this very thread (and elsewhere), "attacks" made on posters, and, too, this is not a problem until one of the lesser posters tries it... hypocrisy? Yes.

Let people have there say, goddamn it. If you don't want to read it, don't read it. If you don't want to respond to it, don't respond to it. If you want to say something about "the topic"

(which, I'm sorry, but the very creator of this thread asked an entirely "off topic" question right here in this thread SO THERE IS THAT; AND, PLUS, BONUS, AND FURTHER, he did it with no problem and got a response while this other nonsense {see? I'll call it for what it is, IMO, and NOT call for it to be deleted or ask for "shutdown"} was being bantered about)

say something about the topic!

Yes, let's try and stay on topic. But let's also try and resist the tendency to become a clique of hypocrites?

I love you all.

"A Rhapsody Of Feigned And Ill-Invented Nonsense" - Thomas Aikenhead, On Theology, ca. 1696

Alright, someone has to say it...

Is this the end of Aidakeeley here at TDM?

On one hand, I feel a little more free to say politically incorrect stuff without the oppression of Aida's ultra-PC attitude... :)

OTOH, I do kinda miss his enthusiasm for the mod and odd-ball commentary.

Every post of his made me imagine an over-exaggerated Elizabethan actor with the stereotypical thespian enunciation.

It's probably kinda rude to post about someone in this fashion and Aida would probably come around an rip folks a new one for doing so... :laugh: ...but I think a small amount of disclosure is cathartic...

Anyone want to share their thoughts, remorse, celebration?

I went back after his last post and fully read that "TTLG politics" thread where he got his bad rep (AFAIK). It seems he probably was already gone to most folks after that anyway. He seems to have lost his marbles a little there...

I think Mortem was just joking and trying to lighten the mood to shake him out of his sour zealotry (about his views on social politics) but Aida's paranoia got the best of him and he took this thread change as a "bully move".

Well that's my take on this. Maybe he'll show-up and rain shit on all the mods and members after stewing for a couple of days.

It would be an interesting wager at least.

Goodbye Aidakeeley ?????

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

I went back after his last post and fully read that "TTLG politics" thread where he got his bad rep (AFAIK). It seems he probably was already gone to most folks after that anyway. He seems to have lost his marbles a little there...

Where is that thread? I can´t find it through forum-search. I always wanted to know how that happened...

I thought Aida said "Bye" to this thread. :unsure: And the critics from Shadowhide are still in the original thread, no nothing was 'censored', just the offending/offtopic stuff moved, but not re-moved. So, I think Aida should be fine with this though I understand his point, that´s how it is in internet-forums, isn´t it? And as long as nothing gets deleted it´s fine in my opinion.

I really hope Aida comes back, I love his humour and almost always I learn new words from him. :)

So, please, stay with us. And who´s supposed to go on with the 'Sticky for inflammatory thread topics'-thread? Not even Nils could do it your style. :rolleyes:

-> Crisis of Capitalism

-> 9/11 Truth

->

(hard stuff), more

Is this the end of Aidakeeley here at TDM?

[..]

Goodbye Aidakeeley ?????

Heh. I doubt it. Clearly he enjoys posting in the style he does and I suspect some petty forum arguments would not change that.

Nope.

He'll be back.

Clipper

-The mapper's best friend.

OI...!!! you lot pack it in.

:angry:

Though I don´t really understand your words, your smiley speaks for itself.

Anyway, it´s very suspicious that the Forum-search can´t find the politics-thread, not even with the exact thread-title. Either it´s my TV or censoring, eh?

And what I read from Aida there, well, I never felt it offending as Roberts intelligent posts, also there was truth in Aida´s words. But this is the only forum I´m really active and I was long gone from communities the last ten years and before I can say that I never experienced offending posters. I don´t even noticed ZB. Well, that were my cents for that.

Now I can only repeat myself: Nothing was deleted nor censored (far as I know), so nothing wrong happened here. Only the drivel was moved, but it´s still right here. That doesn´t hurt, does it, aida?

But what´s far more interesting or alerting: The DarkMod was made to extinguish THIEF from peoples minds? I had no idea. :blink: And I ran blindly right into the trap, I can´t believe it. I can thank the builder that I invented my second personality that still is interested in Thief, even in Thi4f, or maybe that was the secret reason for inventing it at all? Maybe my subconscious could see it, maybe I even made up Snobel who arranged my other personality, it seems. :unsure:

Now if I only could find a well-made documentary-movie about this conspiracy I could add it to my signature...

-> Crisis of Capitalism

-> 9/11 Truth

->

(hard stuff), more

I had to lookup that phrase as well.

It's a British colloquialism for "Now behave yourselves" or "Stop arguing"...

No TDM wasn't built to erase all knowledge of Thief :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

(As much as folk around here talk-smack about Thief's inferior features, they will just as quickly put-down an FPS fan who doesn't do "stealth"... So the kinship is still there... we just "fight like brothers"...)

Your conspiracy idea is amusing though, Mortem Desino will have to create a polished Youtube about it in a similar vein as the intro to NHAT :laugh:

Edited by nbohr1more

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

Ah, come on. I´m here since April and this was the first negative example I saw and it wasn´t that bad, was it? And it happened not in the offtopic-forum. Ok, this Robert*** really acted insane but he went away on his own, and that happened not in Off-Topic too.

And Aida was somehow a special case. Yes, he had/has his drastic views but because of his humour, sarcasm I could never feel offended. It´s just Aida. His good/nice sides wear a more heavy weight, don´t you think?

-> Crisis of Capitalism

-> 9/11 Truth

->

(hard stuff), more