The Dark Mod Forums

Loving These Forums...

Rottenberry

Jeez, I'm really loving the forum community for TDM. I mean, the replies I get for my topic is damn amazing. I jus post a topic asking about a release date, and I get 50 replies talking about wether or not we should add a bloody sword to the game(I personally think you should, as it came in handy when I got cornered). And im getting tired of people saying "If you get caught, or if you run out of flashbangs to use to run away with you dont even deserve to be playing the game" or something like that, I mean, not everybody spends so much time playing a damn stealth game so that they never ever get caught, plus a sword, and (my favourite weapon by far in any theif games) the bow, added more replayability, so you could always replay the game and just try to rampage through the level, or sneak, but be a bit more brutal, using the aggression to pick off your enemies in the dark with the sword, or bow, or (I almost forgot another useful tool) the blackjack. If theres one this that I dont like about the forums its that I cant figuire out how to reply in a topic... or maybe thats just my problem for being so stupid, but either way, can somebody please tell me before I have to start a new thread everytime I want to say something?!

Hey Rottenberry (love the name!)

I'm Saxmeister, people usually just call me Sax. But, welcome to the forums! If you are trying to reply to someone else's post make sure of a few things....

1. you are correctly logged in, which it looks like you are since your name is showing up and it allows you to post

2. make sure you are actually in the forum thread you want to respond to

3. look at the very top and very bottom of the displayed threads. There are two buttons that do exactly the same thing that say "ADD REPLY" and at the bottom is one called "QUICK REPLY". You can use either. QUICK REPLY is a quick and dirty version that won't allow you to add images or anything like that but it works great for simple text posting.

See if these ideas don't help you out. We'd love to have input on the forums from fans such as yourself....

Again, welcome to the club! :)

-sax

Addition: If you still don't have contributor's status you may not be able to reply to certain sections of the forum... I'm not sure how this works... but check and see if you can post in the top areas of the forum

P.S. Sorry for the fanaticism of this group of people. We love our game and our hero so you can't really blame us for wanting everything perfect! ;) Seriously, we like to discuss as you have already noticed.

Edited by saxmeister

"Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid."- Frank Zappa

Jeez, I'm really loving the forum community for TDM. I mean, the replies I get for my topic is damn amazing. I jus post a topic asking about a release date, and I get 50 replies talking about wether or not we should add a bloody sword to the game(I personally think you should, as it came in handy when I got cornered).

This is a normal thing in any decently active forum or newsgroup. But the same effect can be seen in person to person talks as well, so there is nothing to worry about.

Concerning the sword or you not being good enough. This is also nothing to worry about. There are many different playstyles in the community. Some of them are strict ghosters and think everybody should play Thief "as it is meant to be played".

Just because some of these extrreme views are voiced more forcefully than others doesn't mean that the mod will be balanced in such a way. You can only wait and try it once it is finished and then decide if you like it. But you can be sure that this extreme view is not the only one on the team and not the major one we are focused on. As we have other players as well, the mod will be balanced in such a way that it will appeal to these extreme playstyles as well as to the more traditional ones. At least that is the goal. :)

Gerhard

And im getting tired of people saying "If you get caught, or if you run out of flashbangs to use to run away with you dont even deserve to be playing the game" or something like that, I mean, not everybody spends so much time playing a damn stealth game so that they never ever get caught, plus a sword

If you had actually read the thread instead of searching it for pictures to look at, you would know that I said I'm fine with having a sword on the easiest setting for noobs to use, because killing AI in games is all they know.

We'd better not stray off topic though, in case the gestapo notices this one as well.

Civillisation will not attain perfection until the last stone, from the last church, falls on the last priest.

- Emil Zola

character models site

You guys are gonna add a sword only on the easiest difficulty level? You should just make it like the previous thief games(T1/T2 i mean). You could still use the sword on the hardest difficulty level which includes not killing anyone and the sword could be used as an act of defense(blocking an enemy's attack) maybe a last resort.A thief shouldnt be using the swords that guards use(longsword) so if you guys are gonna add a sword make it a shortsword in which the player can use to block.

Just a suggestion :)

By the way,are there going to stuff like zombies and mythical creatures in the previous thief games(obviously including TDS)?

Will it take one more year to finish this mod?

How is the mod progressing?

Many thanks for your replies and GREATWORK!

You guys are gonna add a sword only on the easiest difficulty level?

No, it will be available in all difficulty levels. oDDity just escaped from the dungeon again.

Damn! The chains are broken again. Now hush, hush, back into your dungeon before the master notices.

Don't worry, I got him Spar!!

post-1-1107352959.jpg

actually, T2X board is tiny and the Hammerite Imperium forums are really quiet compared to this.

The Imperium boards have been quiet of late. There was a surge of activity for a few months ago, but since I've become busy again there's no one to spam the forum with a whirlwind of crazy ideas.

I didn't know T2X had its own forum. Is that the one on the TTLG? :ph34r:

Guest Guest_Rottenberry

Hmmm, It seems to keep logging me out whenever I press reply, and when I log back in and try clicking it again It logs me back out and makes me type my "Unregistered User Info". Anybody konw the problem? Oh and for some reason I couldnt find the Reply button on the last thread I made... is it only on the first page of the thread? That could be it cuz I remember I was reading on the 2nd or 3rd page when I thought of replying and couldn't find the button.