The Seven Shades of Mercury

Ominous Bequest Gold

Broken Triad

Pirates Ahoy

King's Story

Night in Rocksbourg series

Incubus

Bathory campaign

(Recent Life of the Party -style mission?)

Baddcog, Bikerdude?

http://www.ttlg.com/...ad.php?t=106781

Edited by jaxa

Here are five for both games:

T1:

Calendra's Cistern - wonderful architecture, engaging plot, complex action; T1 at its peak.

Autumn in Lampfire Hills - nice city exploration mission (same author but earlier).

Shadows of Doubt - challenging mission series with an atmosphere of relentless terror (except maybe the last part). The Broadsword of Sheol is the scariest FM I have played.

Geller's Pride - a relaxing Bafford style mission, fairly easy and has a lot of possible approaches and places to explore.

The Secret Way - as above.

T2:

Calendra's Legacy - three-mission pack continuing from Calendra's Cistern. It was the most impressive mission of its time and I think it holds up well - it is how T2 should have looked like in the first place. There is some cheesy stuff in it, though, and it features both timed objectives and forced ghosting.

Rocksbourg series - a visual, architectural and atmospheric masterpiece with a unique style. Two city missions and one that puts a new spin on the Keepers.

The Seven Sisters - three-mission pack. Very consistent atmosphere, well-realised plot with a lot of unique challenges plus it is a graphical treat (if only we could get some of those textures in high res in TDM...)

The Tower - also by the same author, this is maybe the best small mission I know - a lot of action in a very small area, excellent verticality.

Conspiracies in the Dark - a mansion FM for a series that ended up unfinished; logical puzzles and a lot of exploration.

I have personally released four Dromed missions. All of these are city/rooftop FMs featuring classical-style graphics, fairly nonlinear gameplay, lots of secret areas and shadowy conspiracies in the background. In order of release:

Bad Debts - sprawling city mission where you are to recover a letter of debt from a wealthy usurer. Rather hard for people who aren't into hardcore rooftop exploration, but some have said that is its special charm.

Unbidden Guest - Classic Thief Experience Contest, first place. A reimagination of Life of the Party on the premise of sticking to the style of Thief 1 and making the Mechanists less goofy.

Prowler of the Dark - a speedbuilding exercise for Thief 1. Small city district and Hammerite complex. This is the prequel to Return to the City, and it is set just east of the area in that mission.

Disorientation - the sequel to Bad Debts, continuing with a mission to break into the palace of Lady Azamlarg, a city warden who has plotted your assassination. Freeform city exploration; abandoned warehouses, waterways and a lot of ledges and balconies. My best mission to date and my last completed Dromed project.

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

Some of my all-time favorites:

Thief 1:

The Secret Way - Large mission, multiple points of entry, lots of places to go, custom vocals.

Shunned - Creepy. Great atmosphere.

Returning a Favor - Casts Garrett as a detective in a hammer temple. Great fun!

Circle of Strain 1/3 - All three are quality missions. One is a very nice looking daytime heist.

Thief 2:

Heist Society - Huge mansion to explore, multiple entry points, rewards different skill levels.

Saturio Returns Home - another big mansion with multiple entry points, including an underground crypt.

Wicked Relics - Another mansion with multiple ent... lol

In case you can't tell, I'm a fan of mansions with multiple entry points. :)

--- War does not decide who is right, war decides who is left.

I'm not too up on the newer T2 FM's and most of the ones I'd name are probably already listed.

One of my all time favs is Equilibrium. It's beautiful and quite challenging although not huge. (The keepers are invisible in the shadows too, plus they can use bow OR swords). Watch your back ;)

Dark is the sway that mows like a harvest

My favorites are Rowena's Curse, Ominous Bequest, Lord Alan's Fortress, & Emilie Victor...

You might also play at least the top 3 FMs for all of the contests, starting with Komag's contests; those are always memorable and relatively short.

Baddcog made Relic: Left for Dead, which is a classic IMO, & one of the most free-form feeling FMs ever.

Fidcal made the Night Watch, which is great.

Tels made the contest FM Amnesia that I liked.

Melan mentioned the ones he made.

My great T2 FM never got finished, though I did put a tiny piece of it in the Chain Project. Maybe someday I can finish it...

What do you see when you turn out the light? I can't tell you but I know that it's mine.

Some that I not saw here: (I played more Thief1-FMs than Thief2 atm)

Thief1:

The Saint of Redmound (same author as the great Returning a Favor)

The Order Of The Vine

Thief2:

A Keeper of the Prophecies (I only liked Enterprise(mission1), because after that the difficulty raises a lot in the campaign)

Saints and Thieves

Nightwatch (by our very own Fidcal :) much story to expect)

Shadows of Doubt - challenging mission series with an atmosphere of relentless terror (except maybe the last part). The Broadsword of Sheol is the scariest FM I have played.

I haven´t liked that pack, because it was very buggy. The comment I wrote into DarkLoader was:

to buggy, difficult, very unrealistic gameplay

looks not bad, but you´ll have no or little fun! Sadly! :-(

I only remember the

prison break

as the most fun mission and that this and the Tomb-mission were released before this pack...

-> Crisis of Capitalism

-> 9/11 Truth

->

(hard stuff), more

Thanks all for reply, that´s plenty to start with :laugh:

I guess i´ll start with classic like Calendra´s Cistern, and other names like CoSaS that i´ve read about before, then i´m tempted to play TDM authors missions, but seems that they did used other names in DromEd editing... so i go for

those who use the same name, Fidcals, Melan´s and Komag´s FMs

Thanks Melan for pointing me out with descriptions of your missions, it will help me to choose.

feel free to put some light on the other´s nicknames if you know them

Mine are under Schwaa (Jailbreak-not worth playing,lol), Crom's Blade (large castle frozen in ice caves), 3 Mages Tomb (Skeleton Demo), Trainspotting (small contest mission), L4D (large swamp/cave mission with a twist), TTLG (a small observatory with working telescope)

You are the guy who created Crom´s Blade? I wasn´t aware with who I was dealing with. Okay, I didn´t mention the mission, but now I remember, it´s long ago, but I liked it very much! Was very atmospheric and somehow it was a special mission. I remember that it must´ve been the second Thief2-FM I played! The first I played was The Inverted Manse, I remember that this mission caused a love/hate-relationship among Taffers, IIRC. (zombies, but new weapons too)

So, you should try these missions too, Trickster! :)

Also I now remember a Thief2-FM that took place during the day and had Spanish influences on a harbour IIRC, it was recently mentioned, but I´m not sure, sth with "S", Stowaway? Yeah, I think that´s it. So try this too! :)

-> Crisis of Capitalism

-> 9/11 Truth

->

(hard stuff), more

Another excellent and substantial FM to add to the above I'm not 100% certain of the name but fairly sure is Transitions in Chaos by Ramirez's Old Fat Burrick. I seem to have lost my copy so I can't check but my memory of this is incredibly good architecture, a mysterious courtyard, some technical goodies and lots of interest, and a map that is not North at the top so I think I got so mixed up by that haha why am I laughing. And this was Part 1 of a possible campaign so I don't know if ROFB completed Part 2.

Just reading the readme for Part 2 of CoSaS which I never had a chance to play because I was busy with TDM by then and browsing the credits made me go back to Part 1 credits. There were TWENTY FOUR beta testers! Sheeeeech. Must be a record. I'm fairly sure digi is an architect so I'd always assumed he'd done the main build but doesn't seem so.

The tile was Transitions in Chaos: Conspiracies in the Dark. A second mission was partially built but ultimately abandoned.

CoSaS 2 is crazy ambitious, right in the "it is impossible to do with Thief" territory.

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

I think Mokkis did alot of the architecture in that one. Then after he disappeared Digi did alot of finishing. Hard to say that was a long winded project that I'd given up on...

I never did get to see my AI in action yet either (Mr Cloud and Raputo). Think I made them for that mission about 2 years, maybe 3 or 4 before it was finished.

CoSaS is an amazingly slow-paced project. It takes considerable mental fortitude to keep going at that rate. For heaven's sake, there is a mission by Purah in the series. That's right, a mission by the guy who made Calendra (and who hasn't been active in Thief editing since about 2003). Not releasing that is what I call strong-willed. The total opposite of instant gratification.

Edited by Melan

Ah you made Mr. Cloud did you Baddcog? I saw him today then of course immediately failed the mission because he wasn't supposed to see me. He looked good to me and I knew him immediately from the picture in the notes.

There is such a lot to absorb I am slightly hazy about the story details (I've forgotten most of GATI) but I think he was talking to Raputo and the woman who is in the Circle I think and one or two others but I never got a chance to study them close up. I'll post a screenshot if you're interested in seeing them in action.

It is interesting that one of the functionalities of the comms mask is like my idea of a guide stone - to make more help available if needed built into the story. The FM has a lot of interest and I'm enjoying it but it does not feel very Thief-like - more like a 1930's Mission Impossible.

I wasn´t even aware that the project is still active... :unsure:

As the project was announced I had the idea to wait with playing until all missions are released, so I can play the whole campaign. Well, I could resist, yet.

Edited by LEGION

-> Crisis of Capitalism

-> 9/11 Truth

->

(hard stuff), more

@Melan: So you're saying Purah has already made an FM for later in this campaign but they are waiting until the ones before that are completed before releasing it! That must be the most anticipated FM of all time.

Basically yes. Except Digi not only hasn't released it yet, he didn't even tell it was there until about a year or two ago.

Purah's CoSaS mission hasn't been a secret - it was finished something like 2002 - I've seen it and played it some, crazy crazy cool stuff in that one. But with how CoSaS is doing things "lately", it will most likely get 100% reworked - new textures, tons and tons of new other stuff, etc. We'll have a finished CoSaS by about 2025 or so

shadowdark50.gif keep50.gif

I never even read about it until last year or thereabout.