The Dark Mod Forums

My first DarkRadiant-session

LEGION

Hi Community.

I´m a new User in this Forum and i send some greetings to all other User here inside.

I come from the TTLG.de Forum and my Name there is Xrayalpha. I didn´t have spoken englisch for a long time. I hope, that you understand my postins.

And i hope, that my Problem is in the right Forum.

I have Problems with the Beginner Full Guide from Fidcal. An other User helped me and makes a translation for the German Community, is that allright, then we make it?

Dmap: Compiling the Mission

My Problem is, that i´ve tryed to play my workmap from the DR with TDM.

C:\Doom3\doom3.exe +set com_allowConsole 1

You´ve written the way is Doom3. My TDM Version is 1.06. I go into TDM with the TDMLauncher.

I take the Strg+Alt+^ and comes to the console of TDM.

I don´t see the forest between the tree´s....^^ I need your Help.

My Path was:" c:\Programme\Doom3\Doom3.exe

I wasn´t sure, what for a Kind of Path I can take.

I´ve tested some ways, but no way was the right.

Can somebody help me, please?

Edited by Xray

Yo, since there are quite a lot of German speaking members here, it might be a good idea to write your post in German below your English one.

Soll heißen: Du schreibst zuerst auf EN, dann auf DE. So kannst Du sicher sein, dass Dich auf jeden Fall jemand versteht. Ich bin übrigens für alles, was Dark Radiant angeht, der definitiv falsch Ansprechpartner. ^^

My Eigenvalue is bigger than your Eigenvalue.

Yo, since there are quite a lot of German speaking members here, it might be a good idea to write your post in German below your English one.

no,its bad idea

Soll heißen: Du schreibst zuerst auf EN, dann auf DE. So kannst Du sicher sein, dass Dich auf jeden Fall jemand versteht. Ich bin übrigens für alles, was Dark Radiant angeht, der definitiv falsch Ansprechpartner. ^^

dont do it,be polite to non-german people

Proceed with caution!

Was the mission compiled when you had another mission installed?

If so, the needed files may be located in the maps folder for that mission under your Doom 3 install directory.

If not, is your map located in the "darkmod\maps" directory ?

If so, you should be able to invoke your console then type:

map <map_name>.map

...to start your mission.

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

Yes, from what I understood, like nbohr1more explained, the way to test your map is making sure you have all that's needed in there (no leaks, lights to be able to see, a player start entity, all well placed inside the room(s)), save it into the maps folder (inside the Dark Mod folder), go in game, bring down the console, first you have to dmap it (writte: dmap thenameofyourmap), and then bring the console down again and writte this to play it: map thenameofyourmap. You should be inside it a few moments later.

+set com_allowConsole 1

Where is the place of this Line?

In my Doom3 Directory ?

Or in the darkmod Directory?

My Mission is saved in the Folder Darkmod\maps. The Name is "a new beginning.map"

I start the DR.

I start TDM with tdmlauncher. Break with STRG+Alt+^ into the console.

Then I wrote:

+set com_allowConsole 1\dmap\a new beginning.map

I didn´t see my Miss in the possible FM´s in TDM.

How must i write the Line?

Edited by Xray

Once you are in the console, you don't need to perform the "+set com_allowConsole 1" line,

I believe that the spaces in you map name will cause problems though.

I'd rename it to:

"a_new_beginning.map"

First, bring down your console and type:

com_showFPS 1

You will now have an FPS counter in the upper right.

Then open the console again and type:

dmap a_new_beginning.map

then wait for it to process. You will see the FPS counter return to approx 60FPS.

Exit TDM to the desktop.

Launch TDM again

Open the console and type:

map a_new_beginning.map

Then your map should launch.

Edited by nbohr1more

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

I have Problems with the Beginner Full Guide from Fidcal. An other User helped me and makes a translation for the German Community, is that allright, then we make it?

Yes, translating the Guide into any language is permitted and welcome. Thank you.

FastestFasterFastMediumSlowSlowerSlowest

Thx, Fidcal.

It will takes a few weeks or month, before we can finish the translating. The User is a new Stundent in Informatik and he must learn, of course.

My work is testing the translated Tuto.

I must change in Fidcals Tuto the Capture 19, Compiling the Mission.

I take the post from User nbohr1more. Is that allright?

Thx, Fidcal.

It will takes a few weeks or month, before we can finish the translating. The User is a new Stundent in Informatik and he must learn, of course.

My work is testing the translated Tuto.

I must change in Fidcals Tuto the Capture 19, Compiling the Mission.

I take the post from User nbohr1more. Is that allright?

The Guide wants to be as simple and basic as possible so just add avoid spaces in the name if it's not already there.

FastestFasterFastMediumSlowSlowerSlowest FastestFasterFastMediumSlowSlowerSlowest