The Dark Mod Forums

PBS show on how cathedrals were built

Noisycricket

Its on tonight here in Seattle (western us) at 8:00pm so it might not be watchable online just yet, but i think they'll eventually have it up. Seems like it could have a lot of great ideas for modelers and map makers.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/

I've been watching the 16 part doc of "Climbing Great Buildings" on the BBC, there should be torrents up for all of it with good seeding. Was a good watch, most of the buildings are relevant to TDMish stuff and the presenting was good, nice ideas and background commentary.

"Churches: How To Read Them" was also ok, not as good but interesting if you didn't have a clue like myself :)

Also grabbed "Rosslyn Chapel, A Treasure In Stone", but haven't watched it yet.

I don't know what I'd do without good ol mvgroup :) I almost feel obliged to pay for a UK TV license just because of the BBC stuff, our localized BBC channels only have docs on once in a blue moon, and they don't bring in many DVD releases. Good 'ol SA.

Yeah - no worries, I'm paying for your BBC TV coverage! :laugh:

Actually it probably costs us almost nothing extra, likely earns from advertising? It just seems an oddity that we in the UK have to pay a licence fee even if we don't watch BBC whereas more and more the rest of the world can watch for nothing.

I'm just wondering how these new internet box > TVs work - do they show advertising in some form? Seems to me that ISPs will be paying part of the costs in massive download increases as more and more people watch TV on line.

I've never really got much into internet video because of my 5GB monthly download limit. Eventually I'll have to get another package with unlimited.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recent Status Updates

• Ansome

Finally got my PC back from the shop after my SSD got corrupted a week ago and damaged my motherboard. Scary stuff, but thank goodness it happened right after two months of FM development instead of wiping all my work before I could release it. New SSD, repaired Motherboard and BIOS, and we're ready to start working on my second FM with some added version control in the cloud just to be safe!
      · 0 replies
    • Petike the Taffer  »  DeTeEff

I've updated the articles for your FMs and your author category at the wiki. Your newer nickname (DeTeEff) now comes first, and the one in parentheses is your older nickname (Fieldmedic). Just to avoid confusing people who played your FMs years ago and remember your older nickname. I've added a wiki article for your latest FM, Who Watches the Watcher?, as part of my current updating efforts. Unless I overlooked something, you have five different FMs so far.
      · 0 replies
    • Petike the Taffer

I've finally managed to log in to The Dark Mod Wiki. I'm back in the saddle and before the holidays start in full, I'll be adding a few new FM articles and doing other updates. Written in Stone is already done.
      · 4 replies
    • nbohr1more

TDM 15th Anniversary Contest is now active! Please declare your participation: https://forums.thedarkmod.com/index.php?/topic/22413-the-dark-mod-15th-anniversary-contest-entry-thread/

· 0 replies
    • JackFarmer

@TheUnbeholden
      You cannot receive PMs. Could you please be so kind and check your mailbox if it is full (or maybe you switched off the function)?
      · 1 reply