The Dark Mod Forums

Fan Mission: St Alban's Cathedral (01/11/2010)

Bikerdude

The real St. Alban was a pagan who became a celebrated religious personality, this All Saints Day 2010 The Dark Mod places its own spin on this mythical figure.

Screenshots:

shot00010we.th.jpgshot00014hd.th.jpgshot00015mu.th.jpgshot00022z.th.jpg

shot00024qm.th.jpgshot00025d.th.jpgshot00027c.th.jpg

Intro:

"'Business' has been slow lately, even more so after most of my gear got snatched during a Watch raid... I've since been forced to hit the streets and pick pockets for a living. But my luck was about to change, last night I was approached by a red hooded figure with a proposition... As we sat down in a dark corner of a nearby inn, he told to me that the Builders of St. Alban's Cathedral in the Old Quarter had recently unearthed a discovery that might lead to the final resting place of some saint." " But before I do anything, I need to get my tools and stash from the evidence room at the local watch station."

"with the hawks, doves will congregate

they will drop honey from the cliffs

wine will surge over the earth

the sheep will wander harmlessly with the wolf

then the wicked will rise, but to retribution" - 'scripture of St Alban'

There is a new version out now, see the following thread

St Albans Cathedral version 1.6

Build Time:

about 2-3 months.

Huge respect to the Dark Mod team for such a great mod and for all the hard work they put into it and continue to put into it. Special thanks to Fidcal, Serpentine and others for their help on the forums and to Testing:Ugoliant, Baddcog, Grayman, Lost soul, Bjorn and Baal (for doing all the Vp work in the town.

Readables: Ungoliant and Mortemdesino for all awesome work on the readables.

Resource: Fids, Grayman, Ungoliant - guis, models & images.

Misc: Loren Schmidt - the author of the map I based the cathedral on.

Info:

# Like Thief2, some things are climable, pipes, wall vines etc.. You can also drop some of the keys, some door that are frobbabe mean there is another way inside - explore u taffer!

# Due to TDM being a lot more of a resource hog than T2 I have been forced to limit the number of Ai in the mission, but they have better placement than my last mission.

# On all difficulty levels the player starts with vertualy no tools/weapons, there are weapons to be found - read, read, read!

# For the love of all that is holy, read the briefing otherwise you will problems completing the mission.

Known issues:-

# This mission will have less than optimal fps at a few points on the map, mid range DX9 card(X1900/GF7800) or higher required.

# On low end PCs I recommend, V-sync is off, AA is off, Aniso is 4x or lower and that any and all background apps are closed.

Edited by Bikerdude

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mirror: http://bloodgate.com/fms/stac142.pk4 (v1.4.2)

MD5 (stac142.pk4) = 9ea243d3775f5b5acf85396b269072c5

SHA1 (stac142.pk4) = 63489c8b2eb6b53e563f3ef06b965d6c55d0f153

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax

Wow!

Your apprenticeship under Melan seems pretty evident in the changes to the look of the city.

Quite a change but definitely still Bikerdude quality! :wub:

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

Sorry folks, looks like another major patch is in order. I've found a couple major bugs that render 2 hidden areas completely inaccessible without noclip. these should both be very quick fixes, and hopefully biker can get to these early tomorrow. sorry for the inconvenience

Tels, as you kindly mirroed the mission, could u do so again please? thanks.

Sure, but I'll wait for the next update, if I read that correctly, its already in the pipeline :)

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax

Your apprenticeship under Melan seems pretty evident in the changes to the look of the city.

I have not had the time to properly play the map yet (I went for the "have some sleep" option, and I am stuck at my workplace now), but Bikerdude is no apprentice; he is a master in his own right. :laugh:

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

Yeah well done Biker, I'll have a look at this later. Damn - only two months to build? I think I've been working on mine since forever.

Is this the one with my grass patches in? That's the only tiny bit I've seen if so. I must finish those off ... one day. :rolleyes:

Sure, but I'll wait for the next update, if I read that correctly, its already in the pipeline :)

Yup doing that RIGHT now, bloody bugs...

I have not had the time to properly play the map yet (I went for the "have some sleep" option, and I am stuck at my workplace now), but Bikerdude is no apprentice; he is a master in his own right.

Hah, you are too kind - I still need to work on my gameplay and story telling skills.

Is this the one with my grass patches in? That's the only tiny bit I've seen if so. I must finish those off ... one day.

It sure is..

Ok, as Ungoliant said another set of small bug were found - apologies for this but the deadline left bugger all time for testing, hence these last few remaining bugs..

@Tels

1.4.2 is up, :-|

Edited by Bikerdude

Shadowhide is explicitly trolling this board, and has repeatedly expressed his contempt for TDM in general. Ignore, or better yet, ban his sorry ass for good. :rolleyes:

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

@ Shadowhide, you voted tolderable across the board - does any FM meet your exacting standards then..?

:angry:

Well I for one thought at the very least that the Visual pleasure, lighting, visual style, deduct bad texturing etc, in this mission was a lot better than shadowhides worthless ass screenshots of his supreme vision of how TDM missions should look.

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/4105/tdm4.jpg

Edited by ungoliant