The Dark Mod Forums

Hexen Edge Of Chaos

jdude

This looks really nice. I've played and enjoyed the Hexen/Heretic series a lot, so I am gonna

give this a shot. Thanks for the heads up !

http://www.hexenmod.com/

Hi

Their 3 level demo is being uploaded now :)

http://www.moddb.com/mods/hexen-edge-of-chaos

Can't wait...

The amount of Doom3world contributions that BloodRayne has made alone makes this drool-worthy just to see all his experiments and tinkering in playable form. :wub:

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

OMG if you're going to create a video at 1280x720 at least RECORD THE VIDEO AT THAT RES for Christ's sake. Creates the impression that they have no idea what they are doing. /end rant

On a lighter note, wow that looks amazing.

I always assumed I'd taste like boot leather.

The breakable objects will be worth looking at, and they have their flying code working. After six years or so of development, I was hoping for a little more in the model and mapping department, though.

It's between all those damned custom "light-mapped" texture assets and the temporary engine switch to Quake 4 that's eaten all the development time...

(It's lucky that you guys didn't try either of those antics :) )

It looks pretty cool, I'll probably try it out.

Am I right to assume that when a monster is "vanquished" the red mist is some sort of magical myst vapor, NOT blood and guts, right? Because it certainly could only pass for the former :)

shadowdark50.gif keep50.gif

Cool, I waited for this!! Damn, 40%, download takes too long... -_-

But from the trailer it looks tooo much like the old ones. The big powerups, into mist disappearing monsters, well I have to play it before I can judge...

I guess it will not please my need for immersion nor my GamePad, so I´ll play with mouse from the beginning. But definitely it IS HeXeN!! I played HeXeN II a lot, the first for not very long and never finished it, the same for the Heretic-games, but I know enough that it´s special and the trailer and especially the screenshots showed very well the right spirit, wanna start now, but only little more than 63% downloaded... :o

-> Crisis of Capitalism

-> 9/11 Truth

->

(hard stuff), more

This was the most fun I've had with a mindless hack'n shoot'n slash since Painkiller! (I haven't gotten to the puzzle portions yet so maybe my brain will be entertained too. :unsure: )

Looks very pretty too (screen-shots do not seem to capture it).

My goodness, my first download from ModDB had a corrupt texture pk4, and my next download had a corrupt models pk4. Lets see if I can combine the working parts of each archive.

...Stupid ISP. :rolleyes: Keeping me from my Neo-Hexen nostalgia fix.

yay seuss crease touss dome in ouss nose tair

Happened to have few moments to test this.. I played heretic and hexen long time ago and they were fun.

I'm probably just getting old, this kind of gameplay does not appeal to me at all anymore.

The player runs constantly around 40km/h and the poor AI does not have a chance since they can be outrunned at any situation. Attacking with the mace didn't feel like attacking with a mace. It felt like attacking with a hollow ultra light plastic toy mace. Bat monsters fireball-thingies can hit you only if you decide to allow that to happen. The puzzles in this boil down to "find a switch or key." Weird logic: why on earth would there be a spiketrap floor in the middle of the town?

I liked the idea of finding journals around but somehow they did not feel beliavable at all. They simply could not relate the terror of the city residents, because of the standard gameplay (player running speed, pathetic monsters). Disbelief was too strong to get any feeling from the books.

The first map had some good mapping ideas for locations. Gotta pick up a few pointers from it.

But anyway main verdict with one word:

Booriing. [delete mod]

Clipper

-The mapper's best friend.

Well, the walk-speed really is a joke. I changed that to 140 (it was 290!!! even doom3 had 220 for running!!) and now it plays even better, can walk backwards and slash without being hurt, most of the time.

Yes, the gameplay is very simple, but it was very much fun, I´m just at the second level after I found the bones and I didn´t know what to do with them and also was tired. It looks very good though the blood-decals are a joke too. Well, the flying gargoyles were damn nice animated and without crosshair nice to fight. But again only so few of weapons? I want my sword, but it´s still a demo and I guess the other characters are not included in this release...

It fuels my need to reinstall HeXeN II, but wait, can I play it today with OpenGL? I remember it was only compatibe to 3dfx, hey, I just found this and Hope strongens....(I know it´s not a word but it sounds fitting)

-> Crisis of Capitalism

-> 9/11 Truth

->

(hard stuff), more

I don´t know where to ask else, it seems there is no (quake1) consolecommand for this:

In HeXeN II, how to set the cd-path so I can hear the nice music from the cd if it´s not in D:/?

edit:

Alright, alternately I found a way to use the soundtrack as oggs... :)

Edited by LEGION

-> Crisis of Capitalism

-> 9/11 Truth

->

(hard stuff), more