The Dark Mod has made it into the Top 100

AluminumHaste

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah, if you think logistically, it will always be stacked in favor of the most prevalent mods, so a natural bias towards the most conventional.

Whatever. We don't need a .gif to tell us how we're special.

I'm happy to vote for the record though. TDM will always be #1 in my book.

What do you see when you turn out the light? I can't tell you but I know that it's mine.

i've been registered there for 3 years, but my profile still says am a newbie cause I've only been on the site for 43 minutes in those 3 years.

Hah, I have one hour in 3 years...

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax

Registered and voted cool.gif

Certainly hope more people will become aware of TDM. It's just too good to pass up. People worry about their rigs not being able to handle it, but one can work around most every problem.

So, good luck, TDM rolleyes.gif

Registered in Jan for the last round of TDM voting. rolleyes.gif It says my level is 90% / Rank 2, which I assume makes my vote count more than a new user? wacko.gif

So here's a suggestion: y don't y0u add in sum gunz and stuff so ur mod gets moar votes??! theres alredy zombies, so ur alredy halfway their, right??!!

Oh and u shuld change to the source engine coz nobody votes for doom mods. tongue.gif

Registered in Jan for the last round of TDM voting. rolleyes.gif It says my level is 90% / Rank 2, which I assume makes my vote count more than a new user? wacko.gif

So here's a suggestion: y don't y0u add in sum gunz and stuff so ur mod gets moar votes??! theres alredy zombies, so ur alredy halfway their, right??!!

Oh and u shuld change to the source engine coz nobody votes for doom mods. tongue.gif

Editing profile to show Source Engine now...

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

valve updated the source engine, especially in rad.exe and now all mods are very dark, or just plain broken.

Eeeeexcellent, smithers. Our plan for moddb domination is well underway. With source engine mods out of the picture, it is time now to move to phase 2, muahahahaaaaa

I was checking out moddb.com site for other interesting mods (but don't worry, I wasn't going to vote on them, TDM is the top for me!) and I found this Thieves Guild (Rune mod) which according to the summary is loosely inspired by Thief.

From the video on-site, it certainly didn't seem very stealthy to me... Running up and down the street. What do you guys think? It isn't released yet, though.

So far so good guys: 102 votes submitted for Dark Mod, average of 9.6 / 10

That's community rating btw.

A few months ago we already had 96 votes there, so not much change. Hopefully the people vote for MOTY, not just community ratings...

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax

The problem is, 102 votes is nice but your "zombies in a post-apocalyptic factory" mod will get 50,000. <_<

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

Thanks to your vote, this mod has made it to the Top 100 Mods of 2010! Now the serious phase of awards begins as we challenge you to narrow this list from 100 to 5. If you believe this mod kicks ass and deserves to win, head on over to the top 100, check out the best and vote for your favorites.

http://www.moddb.com...r-awards/top100

Um. Do everyone need to vote again for TDM? I think it looks like that. I revoted TDM now.

Everyone please do the same.

Login to moddb.

To to the link provided in the first line.

Click Doom3.

Click the vote button on the left hand side next to TDM.

Could people encourage TTLG and darkfate and Thief the circle communities to vote for TDM as well? There are no other thiefy mods out there, so if they love thief games, they should vote for TDM only. B)

Clipper

-The mapper's best friend.

re-voted! I'm excited. We are the only D3 mod in the top 100, and the only thiefy mod in the top 100. This is sure to bring in traffic, and hopefully interested devs. For serious, someone needs to post some moddb job openings. It opens up a new tab in our mod site labeled "jobs" that lists any and all openings. This would be a REALLY good frikkin time to do that.