The Dark Mod Forums

The Dark Mod has made it into the Top 100

AluminumHaste

Where did you get the numbers from? Also, is it possible to know how many people voted for TDM or which spot we actually got in the top 100? (On second thought, maybe I don't want to know :)

http://www.moddb.com/events/2010-mod-of-the-year-awards/scoreboard

Has minutely updates, shows leading mod games, and last voted for titles.

Intel Sandy Bridge i7 2600K @ 3.4ghz stock clocks
8gb Kingston 1600mhz CL8 XMP RAM stock frequency
Sapphire Radeon HD7870 2GB FLeX GHz Edition @ stock @ 1920x1080

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Has minutely updates, shows leading mod games, and last voted for titles.

Ah, very cool, I missed that.

Btw, cool nickname :)

Edit: "Core2Duo 2.53ghz 3gb RAM ATi 5850 1gb, 3 monitors at 4320x900 Eyefinity" How does TDM run at this resolution? :o

Edit #2: Top game voted is "HL 2" with 7339 votes, number six is "Star Wars: Empire at War: Forces of Corruption" with only 840 votes! So D3 must be having less than 840 votes - I think with us the only D3 mod we definitely could do better!

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax

That's supposed to read 4gb ram, but as for the game, as long as it's portalled properly, 60fps everywhere. I think I get 20-30 in Return To The City in the laggy parts.

That's supposed to read 4gb ram, but as for the game, as long as it's portalled properly, 60fps everywhere. I think I get 20-30 in Return To The City in the laggy parts.

Does D3 support this resolution, or do you run in a different one? Also, if so, please post a screenshot :)

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

Does D3 support this resolution, or do you run in a different one? Also, if so, please post a screenshot :)

This is the start of RTTC

running at 4320x900

That said 20fps when I took the shot, but meh, it's RTTC. Hopefully that same picture will be higher when RTTC is re-released with the optimisations :D

shot00007.jpg

This is the start of RTTC

running at 4320x900

That said 20fps when I took the shot, but meh, it's RTTC. Hopefully that same picture will be higher when RTTC is re-released with the optimisations :D

shot00007.jpg

Wish it was at that resolution, tho, so we could brag with it :) You only posted a thumbnail it seems? Also getting 20FPS for 4320x900 is actually rather good :) I thought that running at 1920x1200 is crazy, but your screen has 70% more pixels :o

And yeah, I think RTTC will be much faster when it will be rereleased :)

Wish it was at that resolution, tho, so we could brag with it :) You only posted a thumbnail it seems? Also getting 20FPS for 4320x900 is actually rather good :) I thought that running at 1920x1200 is crazy, but your screen has 70% more pixels :o

And yeah, I think RTTC will be much faster when it will be rereleased :)

I could send you the picture at full resolution if you wanted.

I could send you the picture at full resolution if you wanted.

Anyone can take a screenshot at that res, just type in the console:

bind F12 screenshot 4320 900

Then press F12 and Doom3 will take care of the rest. It does cause artifacts in shaders thoug

EDIT: I'm sure that looks amazing on three monitors though, lucky you. :)

I always assumed I'd taste like boot leather.

Anyone can take a screenshot at that res, just type in the console:

bind F12 screenshot 4320 900

Then press F12 and Doom3 will take care of the rest. It does cause artifacts in shaders thoug

EDIT: I'm sure that looks amazing on three monitors though, lucky you. :)

The screenshot I took is in that res, photobucket is just displaying it as a thumbnail.

Yeah I figured, you're going to have a hard time finding an image hoster that will take an image that big.

Hence the offer to send it, if he wanted to use it for a media thingie.

Xarg, as I have a HD5870 and 2*20" already, I will borrow a mates 20" ) over the weekend to see how TDM to run runs at 5040*1050.

I assume once eyefinity was enabled, Doom3 would work quite happily, I say this because I have not been able to get it to run at 3360*1050 on the dual screen setup currently etc.

Plus as I am working on the optomized version of Rttc I can do a direct comparison between the old/new. On that score what i might do is a screenshot/fps comparison post on the rttc thread and then some ones at 5040*1050 for giggles.

Edited by Bikerdude

@Bikerdude & @Xarg: Would it help if TDM had a "multimonitor" (or "Other") aspect ration in and these resolutions in the menu? I guess it can't be that hard to expand our list of supported resolutions.

All depends, it takes 3 command line options for me to do it, but if you want to include the option straight off the menu, I won't disagree with it.

You should be able to set up eyefinity with just 2 screens, I used to do it before I got my third. It's just a 2 monitor displaygroup in the CCC. The problem you'll find with games that have crosshairs, is the crosshair sits bang on the monitor divide. You'll also want to NOT use bezel compensation (assuming you've never used eyefinity or set it up before, having NO bezel compensation means the picture stops at 1 screen border and resumes at the next lot of pixels on the next screen over.)

r_mode -1

r_customWidth 4320

r_customHeight 900

got that sitting in my autoexec.cfg and it works fine every time.

I'm guessing it is a case of how many resolutions do you want to support, Tels. 16:10 and/or 16:9, 2-6+ monitors, various resolutions etc.

I myself get

4320x900

3840x800

2400x600

then single monitor resolutions.

Edited by Xarg

Back on topic: how moddb counts votes ? i did registered to get member rank, and voted. When i reload page, it let me click "vote" again. Does multiple votes counts ?

I don´t like to register at sites where i only want to click once, as there´s a risk of beig flooded with spam after giving e-mail address. Hope that moddb doesn´t give member accounts to spambots. However, first i voted as guest, (before i read that guest vote doesn´t get as high rank as members vote) and moddb did not let me click "vote" again, saying "you has already voted" or such. Now, when logged in, it says "voted" but it let me click again.

If multiple votes counts, i´ll spend some time clicking that button frenetically, but it seems unlikely.

However, there´s possibility of some mod fan use some software bot to register thousand of accounts to make thousand votes, as there´s no captcha in registration process. But we better don´t cheat, right ?

(BTW, someone´s signature says ´if the game allow you to do it, it´s no cheating´ )

When i voted as guest, i was trying to make multi vote through using proxy (anonymouse.org) to bypass IP check, but to no avail. But using different physical IPs (different PCs) will allow multi guest votes right ? Should i bother, considering guest has low ranking ? Or: how to vote more without cheating ?

Last year, i even didn´t voted for TNM (which i like a much) to not make it compete... (which apparently didn´t helped :laugh: )

Back on topic: how moddb counts votes ? i did registered to get member rank, and voted. When i reload page, it let me click "vote" again. Does multiple votes counts ?

I don´t like to register at sites where i only want to click once, as there´s a risk of beig flooded with spam after giving e-mail address. Hope that moddb doesn´t give member accounts to spambots. However, first i voted as guest, (before i read that guest vote doesn´t get as high rank as members vote) and moddb did not let me click "vote" again, saying "you has already voted" or such. Now, when logged in, it says "voted" but it let me click again.

If multiple votes counts, i´ll spend some time clicking that button frenetically, but it seems unlikely.

However, there´s possibility of some mod fan use some software bot to register thousand of accounts to make thousand votes, as there´s no captcha in registration process. But we better don´t cheat, right ?

(BTW, someone´s signature says ´if the game allow you to do it, it´s no cheating´ )

When i voted as guest, i was trying to make multi vote through using proxy (anonymouse.org) to bypass IP check, but to no avail. But using different physical IPs (different PCs) will allow multi guest votes right ? Should i bother, considering guest has low ranking ? Or: how to vote more without cheating ?

Last year, i even didn´t voted for TNM (which i like a much) to not make it compete... (which apparently didn´t helped :laugh: )

According to moddb, guest votes only count if there is a draw between member votes.

And members surely need to vote only once, I am sure they discount multiple votes (if I were with them, I would even discount your entire vote if I see you votes twice :ph34r:

Anyway, we are not in the top-6 games, and since our mod is the only one in D3, we might still have a chance: all votes for doom3 go to our mod, while all vote for half-life 2 are split among their mods, but seeing the disproportional number of votes half-live 2 gets (10200 vs. 2000 for the second game, vs. 1200 for the sixth game), I don't see us ever getting in the top 3.

One interesting fact is that the number of votes per 24h is going down, it was over 9000 a few days ago, now it is 5800. Seems most people already voted.

So unless we find a couple hundred members suddenly voting for TDM, it's over already. Shame is that moddb doesn't publish rankings for every top100 (or at least top 20) mod, so we could see how we fared over the years.

Ok, I tried looking at the votes in more depth, but this is just odd.

The basic idea is:

* we are the only mod for D3, therefore all votes for D3 go to TDM

* if the sitxth game has X votes, we must have less than X votes (otherwise, D3 would be on place 1..6)

However, the sixth game is "Battlefield 2", with an icon of a "2". But there is no mod for it in the TOP 100:

http://www.moddb.com/events/2010-mod-of-the-year-awards/top100

post-144-129146648503_thumb.png

Huh? What gives?

Anyway, looking at HL 2, there are 15 mods in the "released" category, and another 15 in "upcoming". So there is hope that all the 10000 votes for HL2 are split into 30 mods, that we stand a chance. But, if instead of an even split (roughly 10000/30 = roughly 333 votes for each mod) you get 8000 votes for one mod, and 2000 splitamong the other 29, we are done.

More troubling is "Star wars empire at war: forces of corruption" because there are only 1 released and 4 upcoming mods, and yet that game got 1413 votes already.

So it is really not possible to predict anything atm. So, well, get people to register and vote if they haven't and lean back and drink tea.

Ok, I tried looking at the votes in more depth, but this is just odd.

The basic idea is:

* we are the only mod for D3, therefore all votes for D3 go to TDM

* if the sitxth game has X votes, we must have less than X votes (otherwise, D3 would be on place 1..6)

However, the sixth game is "Battlefield 2", with an icon of a "2". But there is no mod for it in the TOP 100:

http://www.moddb.com...r-awards/top100

post-144-129146648503_thumb.png

Uh yeah there is, check the Top 100 again. It's alphabetical, it's the second mod along the top of the list. The game has two mode:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/forgotten-hope-2

http://www.moddb.com/mods/project-reality

I always assumed I'd taste like boot leather.

Uh yeah there is, check the Top 100 again. It's alphabetical, it's the second mod along the top of the list. The game has two mode:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/forgotten-hope-2

http://www.moddb.com/mods/project-reality

Yeah, I saw this 10 minutes later, but I swear when I took that screenshot, the top 100 did NOT start with "B" but with "C", so there was not Battlefield 2 to be seen. But maybe I am just stupid these days :)