Ocn's questions on TDM editing.

ocn

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't suppose there's a way to remove that and add another frobbable one?

Which character?

You'd have to find the texture for that necklace (noblebottom, I think) and erase that part of it so it's transparent. That would make the necklace not visible. Then you'd need to bind an alternate, frobbably necklace to that spot. I could make a prop version of that same necklace if you like.

You'd have to find the texture for that necklace (noblebottom, I think) and erase that part of it so it's transparent. That would make the necklace not visible. Then you'd need to bind an alternate, frobbably necklace to that spot. I could make a prop version of that same necklace if you like.

That would be awesome, Springheel. :) That prop would move to the inventory, like other things if given the appropriate properties, right?

Where are the REAL brits?! The one's we have are just brit-ish.

If it's set up as a loot entity, yes. I've set them up. You want the one called "broach".

• 7 months later...

I was wondering if there is some way to make an AI behave a little more unworldly than they normally do? Like, if idle, just stand there slowing swaying. No fidgeting, no idle barks... Ghostly, if you will.

There are spawnargs that control the idle animations and rate of idle barks. You could turn both off if you like. I can't recall what they are off-hand, but they're in humanoid.def.

There are spawnargs that control the idle animations and rate of idle barks. You could turn both off if you like. I can't recall what they are off-hand, but they're in humanoid.def.

Thanks. I'll check that...

Also, are there someone who'd like to help out with a custom model? I need an older nobel man lying on his back while clutching the head of a younger woman... I doubt I could pose a ragdoll like that and I can't find any heads in the list to use. :mellow:

Well, I tried to add a "anim_rate_walk" spawnarg to a "townsfolk_commoner_02", but it seemed to freeze in one frame and just turn. I cannot get the behaviour I want.

What value did you add?

I need an older nobel man lying on his back while clutching the head of a younger woman.

I can help you out with that but I'll need a more specific sense of what you want.

The value of 0.95 as the wiki says in the example, 2.0 and 0.50 which I suspect is close to what I want.

Thanks for offering your help, I'll be more specific in a PM which I'll write shortly. :-)

I don't know if this will make a difference, but try "walk1" and "walk2" instead of walk.

I don't know if this will make a difference, but try "walk1" and "walk2" instead of walk.

Those did nothing. However the wiki does say : "If the animation itself has a setRate frame command (which accomplishes the same effect as this spawnarg) in the modelDef where it's defined, then the frame command will override this spawnarg." Which may render whatever I do useless.

"If the animation itself has a setRate frame command (which accomplishes the same effect as this spawnarg)

Walk animations don't use a Setrate frame command. There's no particular reason why what you're doing shouldn't work.

The character isn't carrying a torch or anything that might cause him to use a different walk animation is he? There are no stairs or slopes between him and his next pathnode?

No, there's nothing unusual about him or the area he's moving through. Just a simple and wide corridor. There are two lights in an adjacent room that are switched off by a trigger at mission start which might initially have sent him into search mode, but he should revert to normal eventually anyway(?)- and I've waited to see if anything changes.

EDIT: I moved him away from the original area and there's no change in behaviour.

Edited by ocn

I just tried it on an AI in a testmap and it worked fine.

Can you section off that area and send it to me? I'll have a look.

Ahem... After adding some brushwork I see I've continually tested a prior version of the map without the correct spawnargs. It works and I'm sorry for wasting your time. :blush:

• 4 months later...

Okay. Can someone tell me exactly what to enter into an .ase file to replace the object's texture? I've tried and tried, but failed and failed. I've the Steam version which might be the problem. This is what I have now:

*BITMAP "//textures/darkmod/stone/natural/deep_cave_dark_01"

"Hey, you, the Rock Steady Crew

Show what you do, make a break, make a move

Hey, you, the Rock Steady Crew

B-boys, breakers, electric boogaloo..." :blink:

So... What do I put in that ase file, eh? :wacko:

(Gotta flip the normals too, apparently.)

Hey, welcome back. :)

Hi! And thank you. :)

*BITMAP "//base/textures/darkmod/stone/natural/deep_cave_dark_01"

Thank you, kind sir. Wow, my first static model import. Oh, the possibilities!!! :)