The Dark Mod Forums

Prelates

oDDity

I like the glowing, though I would have that happen only when they are alerted, not all the time. We could make them like the plasma gun in D3...lights up things very subtly, if they are very close. They don't need to operate like torches.

Although they *could* during their search phase if we liked....

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I like the glowing, though I would have that happen only when they are alerted, not all the time.  We could make them like the plasma gun in D3...lights up things very subtly, if they are very close.  They don't need to operate like torches.

Although they *could* during their search phase if we liked....

Yeah, that'd be cool. As soon as they're alerted to your presence and start searching they could be wielding those glowing hammers ready to strike down upon thee.

Here's some glowing hammers. NOt sure how this would be achieved in-game though. THey'd need to be dynamic lightsources as well as glowing.

You mean like torches? :blink: We'll have some guards carrying torches and lanterns, right?

Edited by Darkness_Falls

Hey, I know were having trouble depicting to the player that these guys are nearly immortal without showing much armor, so maybe we could give them some badassly decked out metal gauntlets since its the only visible portion of their bodies. Accompanied by the hammers, I think some deadly looking steel gaunts would do the trick.

I could draw up some concepts if the idea sounds good.

hmm, dunno. I don't remember Hammers even having gauntlets, but I reckon that sounds ok. Though wait for more answers I think ;) .

PS: KF, could you please draw up and send me a drawing of a small mansion (interior and exterior if possible). Please KF :) , I am absoultely hopeless when it comes to drawing houses.

--Dram

I'd need about 2 floors, 2 (or 3) toilets, depends on you, about 2 master bedrooms for each floor, and 2 (or 3) guest rooms on each floor. If you could, please do map out the interior, and it would be good to see some tall ceilings, possibly with some chandeliers, etc. Oh yes, forgot, it would also be cool to have a kitchen, dining room (large if possible) and (if you want to bother) a basement and an attic. All in Thief style. Most importantly I thank you and it is greatly appreciated :) .

Kind regards,

Dram

Hey, I know were having trouble depicting to the player that these guys are nearly immortal without showing much armor, so maybe we could give them some badassly decked out metal gauntlets since its the only visible portion of their bodies.  Accompanied by the hammers, I think some deadly looking steel gaunts would do the trick.

I think the steel bracers already accomplish this quite nicely. IMO guantlets would not really suit their character. They're unarmoured for the most part because they are protected by their connection with the master builder. I always associated guantlets with full plate armor and slower, cleaving attacks rather than finesse fighting and holy strength. With a hammer that projects holy bursts of energy, I don't think these guys are too worried that someone's going to get in close and cut their hand.

[edit - also, having bare hand to hammer contact for me is more symbolic of the fact that they're pretty much 'one with the weapon.' I could be crazy though. :) ]

Edited by Ishtvan

• 1 month later...

I was going to get these in-game next (mostly becadsue it'll be pretty quick and easy). Looking at them again I thought having them just in a brown robe as a bit drab though. Having the guard armor over the top looks pretty cool I think...

post-5-1112631776.jpg

Civillisation will not attain perfection until the last stone, from the last church, falls on the last priest.

- Emil Zola

character models site

Looks great. I think to balance him 'as a composition' more there should be some black at the bottom of his tunic. Not sure the best way to do this, but maybe you could put a band of black leather going around the base of his tunic. If you have any way of doing this without making him look too fem, then more power to you! Just a suggestion, but I think it would help him 'as a whole'.

Since the Prelates only recognise the authority of the Constructor Himself, and not the High Priest, perhaps it might be interesting to have a female Prelate model? The Builders wold be complaning "We have a woman in here!" While the others go "Can't do anything about that, sorry."

Prelates are still part of the Builder religion, and they are probably drawn from the devoted rank and file. I don't think female prelates would fit.

No more idiotic political correctness please. We already have to have female guards :rolleyes: - which means a whole lot of new models, animations and voices for no good reason, as if we didn't already have enough to do..

Civillisation will not attain perfection until the last stone, from the last church, falls on the last priest.

- Emil Zola

character models site

That's a nice idea to set them apart and looks great on its own, but it doesn't go as well with the simple brown robes. How would it look if the robes were black?