The Dark Mod Forums

AI paths after being alerted look offset

i30817

More description please, that shot definitely tells not more than 1000 words. ;)

But I think I saw once what you could mean, but only on AI´s that were not patroling? Or it´s 1.03-related and I haven´t really played a FM in 1.03, but I plan to do so in a few minutes... :ph34r:

edit: Aaaah, after screenshoting, brightening and resizing the shot I finally see that the AI is sitting on thin air. What mission is that? I´m sure I haven´t played that. Anyway, I´m also sure that it can be fixed... :)

Edited by LEGION

-> Crisis of Capitalism

-> 9/11 Truth

->

(hard stuff), more

Probably something that can't be fixed?

It's either a bug or a misplaced pathnode. This happened after you alerted the guard and then he went back and sat down?

There was quite a lot of time he was pushing against the chair "searching" but not moving.

I alerted him again (just sound), and so he stopped moving against the chair, and ended up sitting like that (at least i think that is what happened). Maybe something like that?

Or maybe it's some floating point error deep within wine or something.

Edited by i30817

Also might depend how the chair is set up. If it's a monster-clipped static chair or a non-frobable, non-pushable, moveable. I'm just setting up patrols in my own FM so I might try a few alerts to see how they settle down after. I tend to overlook testing for alert affects because I play stealthy.

There is also a spawnarg on the path corner that regulates the accuracy of how near he has to be to the path corner. If the AI normally patrols to the seating from one direction but after an alert comes from another then that might affect where he stops before sitting.

Can't be sure but most likely is a map 'error' rather than a Dark Mod error.

Yo! I'm the author of The Beleaguered Fence. Let's have a lookie.

*Opens DR*

The chair is a properly monsterclipped func_static model.

None of the path_corner, path_turn nor path_sit nodes have any special accuracy spawnargs.

We do have the spawnarg: "move_to_position_tolerance" but I have not used it there. Because it has not been used, there may be some slight inaccuracy for the AI sitting. I have checked that the inaccuracy is NOT a problem when the AI is on routine patrol.

I've experimented with this spawnarg when I worked on Knightons Manor, but I ended up leaving the spawnarg out since adding it caused some other problems, which I cannot now remember. Anyway sitting worked finally better without the tolerance settings. It may be that some good values for chairs should be found via testing (and reported in the sitting wiki-article). Maybe some day...

And finally we DO have a confirmed bug, which I reported during the summer:

http://bugs.angua.at/view.php?id=2282

Tels has confirmed it but it has not yet been fixed. Hopefully in the future. I am bold enough to believe the weird sitting i<numbers> has observed is indeed NOT a map error, but rather he is seeing the bug reported previously.

Clipper

-The mapper's best friend.