The Dark Mod Forums

New Website images

Springheel

Now that 1.03 is out, I'd like to replace many of the out-dated screenshots on our website with new ones decked out with the new eye-candy. I'm currently working on three different TDM projects at the same time, however (rigging the thief model, writing a vocal script and creating a couple new AI skins) so I don't really have time to do it myself.

If anyone felt like helping (you can even pimp your own mission) that would be great. I'd need a catchy, high-res screenshot with all the video settings at full (bloom can be on or not as you wish). Extra points if there are AI visible. I'd also need a 120px × 100px thumbnail.

I can handle slapping on the logo and making the sepia-toned thumbnail. Please don't take any pics that reveal sensitive info about a mission.

I think I've dropped the ball on this.

I should've create some thumb-nails of the Moddb pics earlier but my PC time has been pretty limited for the holidays and my new shift has me busier with "work" at work... :(

I can link the Moddb pics as sets but I am hesitant to upload the thumbnails to Moddb as that would probably be a violation for the terms of service...

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

I was assuming people would just post them in the forums but I forgot about that stupid display feature that won't let you copy them. I don't have a great alternative idea atm.

You can copy them from the display by "View Frame" > Media... but it's a pain...

If your mailbox can handle it I can forward all the archives that I have from AH (or he can if he still has them...?)

Another option is to zip-up the images and post them as a txt file...

(edit... not with a 500K limit... where is that Serpentine repository thingy when we need it)

Edited by nbohr1more

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

That works (and I can copy the image). I'd prefer to get grand images that really show off what TDM missions can do, however, not just square rooms with a couple common models. Don't worry about the sepia image; I'll make that myself so it matches the existing ones.

Hey, AluminumHaste, your FOV is increased right? (because of your murder-Monitor...) Or I´m mistaken because I´m now using a lower FOV...

Spring, I would like to contribute some shots myself, but I use FOV 70, more details but also it will look different... See the shots I posted in the 1.02/1.03-comparison-thread...

-> Crisis of Capitalism

-> 9/11 Truth

->

(hard stuff), more

If you want some great screenshots go to Jesps latest mission... the stairs with the stained glass dome; the church; courtyards...

I'm going to revisit Sonosuke's "Living Expenses" to get a look at the master bedroom with these new-fangled eyes. See what that looks like...

Okay, so I did that and dropped in a werebeast:

shot00016g.png

Edited by Aprilsister

Okay, so I did that and dropped in a werebeast:

:laugh: I'm strongly tempted to use that one just to mess with people.

Yeah, it's pretty cool. The only thing not so sweet to my less than !obsessive-about-aesthetics! (you guys are but I guess in the long run its a good thing as long as everyone doesn't get that way, just the "artdept") POV is that carpet has a not-so-great texture.

But seriously, I would feature your creature.

It's the kind of thing that will appeal to a broad set and it's a unique to TDM beastie, nezzzzzpah?

Otherwise Jesps mission really does have some great color and atmosphere opportunities for the beautificiousesnessity

Sorry, LEGION. It did occur to me that I might want to spoiler it... should have done so.

Spoilered now.

If you (contradictorily! xD) want to see more of the "news" here is the trick:

spawn atdm:one of the following

ai_animal_horse_tame1

ai_animal_horse_tame2

ai_animal_horse_tame3

ai_animal_horse_tame4

ai_animal_horse_tame5

ai_monster_werebeast

ai_monster_werebeast_crawler

ai_noblewoman

ai_townsfolk_wench

that's a few, there are some new spiders and probably more horses and wimmins too I believe.

Edited by Aprilsister