The Dark Mod Forums

God Given talent:

Bikerdude

Guys, have any of your seen this -

Youtube(wankers) in their infinate wisdom deleted the original vid siting copyright (which is complete bollox, I reckon it maxed out thier bandwidth) which hit 14million views Overnight...!!!

Edited by Bikerdude

There are so many talented and resourceful people out there. Some waste their chances, but some just never get a break. Some are weighed down by their fears and choose to stay down too tired to fight, some charge forth with false courage that shines through and break the spell. Some make it. And it is always nice to witness when it happens.:)

Where are the REAL brits?! The one's we have are just brit-ish.

The media is certainly enjoying the rags to riches angle. They tend to omit the fact that the guy has multiple arrests and a drug problem.

The media is certainly enjoying the rags to riches angle. They tend to omit the fact that the guy has multiple arrests and a drug problem.

I don't care what's in anyones luggage, man. As long as they don't molest children and shit, in which case they should be brutaly deprived of every physical evidence that they were once human beings and left hanging for the vulchers.

What about the folks out there that live with severe pain on a daily basis, after wars, accidents etc. and suddenly don't get their medication anymore for whatever reason, or the meds wont work anymore? Of course, they'll resort to illegal means to obtain just a moment of peace. I've no problem understanding that. I'm not saying that's the case here- I don't know, but I wouldn't cut anyones arm off because of their history unless I've been there with them.

I don't care what's in anyones luggage, man. As long as they don't molest children and shit, in which case they should be brutaly deprived of every physical evidence that they were once human beings and left hanging for the vulchers.

What about the folks out there that live with severe pain on a daily basis, after wars, accidents etc. and suddenly don't get their medication anymore for whatever reason, or the meds wont work anymore? Of course, they'll resort to illegal means to obtain just a moment of peace. I've no problem understanding that. I'm not saying that's the case here- I don't know, but I wouldn't cut anyones arm off because of their history unless I've been there with them.

Nicely said.

guess I'm cynical but I'm tired of this story already.

It's not like they found some random homeless guy and he just happened to be 'the golden voice of radio'.

He HAD a job as a radio announcer, then he wasted it and became an addict and homeless. Then he cleaned up, good for him. Now he's the biggest story in the news cycle because he now has a bunch of job offers...

And mean while there are millions of Amercians getting illegally booted from their homes, and the banks STILL are getting away with it, etc...

The corrupt rule washington but everyone wants their feelgood story, and nobody wants to actually try to do anything about the real problems we face.

Dark is the sway that mows like a harvest

The corrupt rule washington but everyone wants their feelgood story, and nobody wants to actually try to do anything about the real problems we face.

And how does this make you feel?

</shrinkmode>

I admit it is a nice story, redemption and all that, but it doesn't exactly improve the situation of all the homeless who have fallen on hard times through no real fault of their own (unlike this guy).

Edited by Midnight

This guys said it better than I did:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/andy-borowitz/my-idea-of-a-heartwarming_b_805724.html

If you'll pardon me for being serious for a moment, here's my idea of a heartwarming story: A homeless man with no special talent gets our compassion anyway.

The Ted Williams story is, of course, riveting and hopeful. But the nation's fascination with it has nothing to do with our capacity for empathy and everything to do with our addiction to instant celebrity.

Dark is the sway that mows like a harvest

Fractional Reserve Banking. I bet most of the world's issues can be traced back to this phenomenon. There's only room for very few at the top of the pyramid. A system tailor made for slavery and eternal debt. And a genious scheme to keep the people in leashes, too occupied to make the ends meet to stop and ask questions, to make demands. I always think of how prevelieged and lucky I am to have all these tools at my disposal to be able to work creatively and realize my own puny self. And also know that some kid might have perished in a mine somewhere excavating the minerals in my pc, camera or whatever. It's humbling. And it's so hard to live by ideals in todays world, no matter how hard you try. You want to succeed for yourself, of course. You need to take care of your family. Pay the bills, put food on the table. But knowing that somebody will have to suffer in order for that to happen makes it unbearable sometimes. You can't think about it. It's an impossible situation. Fractional Reserve Banking keeps this survival of the fittest mentality alive, when in reality there should be room and opportunity enough for everyone. But not for long. Soon there we will start feeding on eachother, because there are too many of us on too little space. People in distress will procreate, it increases the chances of the species/families/the individuals dna's survival. In the end, however, it will not. So, perhaps war, famine, diseases and natural disasters are a blessing in disguise. Yes, there is truth in the statement that money is the root of all evil. It has become another external god to worship.

I'm not saying he doesn't deserve a second chance, just that the media is trying to turn this into some kind of Cinderella story when it's not. How many other people out there are losing jobs and becoming homeless for reasons NOT under their control?

I agree with most of Baddcog's take on it.