The Dark Mod Forums

Johannes' box

Johannes Burock

1 and 3 are improvements; as it is, 2 is a bit garish in my opinion.

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

how does the wooden door on the right open, it doesn't look like it could go up, or sideways, maybe it goes downwards, even if its not a functional door it should look functional, it just looks odd.

Actually I disagree slightly. The player should be able to identify functional and non-functional doors by looking at them, simply because of gameplay.

In real life you can go through any door. This is a game and you cannot possibly make all doors passable in a city scene. Some doors will be passable and some will not. You don't want the player expending equipment to reach a door which cannot be opened. My own suggestion to this is:

• If a door is openable, let it have a handle or other visible useable part.
  • Non-openable doors look like openable doors but do not have a handle at all.

Clipper

-The mapper's best friend.

how does the wooden door on the right open, it doesn't look like it could go up, or sideways, maybe it goes downwards, even if its not a functional door it should look functional, it just looks odd.

Thatswhy i asked about the 3 points...not all is finished on the screen...

And what sotha said its usefull for the player to see what is passable and what not. But the dore/gate will be fixed at all, give u a screen this evening

Edit:

changed the lights on the window ( darker now) and give the gate a bit more love...but i think there should be more to do on it

post-3575-129742838281_thumb.jpg

Edited by Johannes Burock

Johannes screen are always the highlight of the evening..

And today we proudly presents a "hightris production" by Johannes Burock...

...sewer - first blood

post-3575-129772072996_thumb.jpg

post-3575-129772074105_thumb.jpg

i know there is much to do with the walls and in parts the light...thatswhy first blood...

Are those stone blocks in the stairs patches? Or models? Staggering. :mellow:

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

And today we proudly presents a "hightris production" by Johannes Burock...

...sewer - first blood

Very cool :) I'd like to have such a scene as a testbed for the model combiner. To see how it improves the performance.

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax

without sound the sewers arentn the same...so have a look here ( a bit dark in the shadows...)

:wub: But wouldn't one also hear the waterfall from the start of the sewers, too? In these small rooms with hard walls the sound would travel rather far.

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

wub.gif But wouldn't one also hear the waterfall from the start of the sewers, too? In these small rooms with hard walls the sound would travel rather far.

crearly yes, but than you have the water/pool, the drips, the waterfall and other here not specified and in the vid nongiven sounds and this would be a big soundclots...but this is also a point to work on...

so my new system is now running stable...after 3 days of hard work:

Intel core I5 2500K (overclocked to 4x 4,5 in turbo)

ATI HD 6950 2 GB (flashed up to a HD 6970...and overclocked)

2x4 GB G.Skill Ripjaw 1333 cl 7 7 7 21

1st drive = SSD wub.gif

so if the next looks a little bit to highrisked...give me a nudge^^

without sound the sewers aren't the same...so have a look here ( a bit dark in the shadows...)

WOOOOOOOW!!!! What a nice area! Very cool use of sound, grafic and new stuff

EDIT: "Intel core I5 2500K (overclocked to 4x 4,5 in turbo)" : I'm getting very very jealous ;) - a very good machine

Edited by Berny

so today a problem i didnt find in the forum:

since ive got the ati hd 6950 my sky isnt working as it should be...

if i integrate the prefabeskybox (so no mistakes done by me...) , go into game and look into the sky:

looking up and down, sky rotates up and down...

looking right / left, sky rotates clock or anticlockwise...

is this a knowen prob (with ati ?) ?

Yes, just disable Catalyst AI, and you're good to go.

nice idear...but with the 6950 i cant disable this...have a look also here http://forums.amd.co...threadid=145090 .

Do someone know another way? Or have i towait for a new catalystver?

nice idear...but with the 6950 i cant disable this...have a look also here http://forums.amd.co...threadid=145090 .

I am both stumped and faszinated by posts on this forum like:

Same problems to me and its on directX11 as wel AMD please repair this before crysis 2 comes out bekous Crysis 2 needs MLAA to run with nise graphics o and i have 2 radeon HD 6850 Cards and i think its not the Vsync) its MLAA it has problems on DirectX 10 and 11 you can stop this problem but u will need to put your MLAA off when u play DirectX 10 or 11 games the vsync will work again with no screen problems if u put MLAA off when u play games under DirectX 10 and 11 i did this and it works

I think scientists will need to build a new super computer to crack this encryption :blink:

## If it is you could still change it by editing your profiles.xml found at "\Users\'YourUserName'\AppData\Local\ATI\ACE\Profiles.xml"
## Under the heading <Aspect name="Radeon3D"> needs to be an entry :-
## Code:

<Feature name="CatalystAI"> 
<Property name="CatalystAI" value="Disable" />
</Feature>

Have you tried either creating an Application Profile or the above workaround...? :unsure:

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)