The Dark Mod Forums

Johannes' box

Johannes Burock

yes, all from the same map.

@ all: help to the ghost lights?

huh, no replies yet? blink.gif

i lately tried to get an elevator to work but i even failed at THAT project. so, sorry, i'm not able to help you...

just in case that you want to research on your own:

the FM "flakebridge monastery" contains a little crypt with one room where flying skulls can be seen (i could swear that they even had a low-radius-light bound to them)... seems similar to what you are looking for, so opening that FM/room with the editor might lead to some answers.

anyway, good luck smile.gif

ah, by the way, your screenshots become more and more frustrating... every time i look at them, i feel forced to select my own current map and hit the delete-button... sad.gif

That would be the worst lesson to take from those shots. If I had been thinking like that, I'd never have released anything.

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

That would be the worst lesson to take from those shots. If I had been thinking like that, I'd never have released anything.

Aye. And graphics aren't everything: there is gameplay and plot. The best mission is the one which manages well in all of these aspects.

Clipper

-The mapper's best friend.

i also think so, like sotha i also think the graphik isnt the key (it is the thing why im doing this...creating my little world^^).

and also i think its a goal to get bether amd bether the next time...

my worry is the skripting part...

and to that: i bind the emiiter rto the light and the light to a testpath with 3 points...and now its not moving...

have i to give a aisource (but the skulls in the f monastry havent such a thing )?

i also think so, like sotha i also think the graphik isnt the key (it is the thing why im doing this...creating my little world^^).

and also i think its a goal to get bether amd bether the next time...

[...]

yeah, surely...

but please don't take my former post too serious. it was meant more as some kind of compliment. smile.gif

but to be honest, looking at some of your screenshots and then loading my map (as far as it is) feels like being forced to say "ouch" at the first moment. however, don't take that too serious, either smile.gif

Here is an excerpt from something old that has a ghostlight in it:

http://www.gamefront...8/ghostlight.7z

oh, thanks for that...and with this i will start with reading and testing for programming / triggeringunsure.gif...

Now im lucky to have some (minimial) Pascal,Delphi and C# xp's

and the first problem:

used the skript from Flanders...the idea i understand

creates 5 NURBS and implemented all to the skript. Ican go into the map without a error and the skript is def. implemented (in console i read the test hallo ).

But my NURBS are all only one little black cube at the startingpoint of the Nurbs, why that ?

EDIT:

And because of that (i hope) the light dont move...

in the example map th light and emitter are bound on a 0 scale brush and implemented with $brush...is this not a step to much?...i bound the emitter to the light and implemented $light (or is this the prob) ?

ok, that was mine...that 0 scale brush is a mover rolleyes.gif

but never the less...the black cubes ingame are still there...how i read in the wiki it is also possible to create thw n-curve as an ent. but wqhere can i find this in the list? I created it over the butten "create a nurbs curve". Is this the problem why i cant see the cube in the editor ?

Edited by Johannes Burock

nhat3 politics uses a flying patrolling illuminated ghosty sprite thing flying around the woods. Not sure how it was done, but i suspect it uses splines to set the flying patrol path. check it out.

No, it is a giant pendulum with a light/sound/particle bound to it :)

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax

I think you have nodraw filtered out, the mover is a nodraw cube. Each spline also has a nodraw cube at it's start. If I make a new spline I get a black cube too, so it seems like you need a brush attached to the spline somehow, don't ask me why.

nope, no filters on...and only ingame i can see it...by the way if it is nodraw i shouldnt see it ingame...

Sometimes entities without a model can cause black boxes. Bring up the entity list (J) and see if there are any entities (like func_statics, not lights or speakers) without a brush model.

edit:

If you make a new spline that also becomes a func_static without a brush model so it causes a black box.

EDIT: nothing to find...aaaargh

get the idea behind that...i created a new func_static with nodraw and gave this as the model to the curve and now it has a model...dont know why it hadnt such a thing from the beginning of the creation

pendulum? hrmph, them things managed to get up in my business a lot for a pendulum. outsmarted by a pendulum, d'oh.

I can feel your pain, there was a bug in our def files, and thus things like func_pendulum where invisible in DR, don't ask me how many hours I tried to even *find* the damn thing and find out how it works :D

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax

i had a in my thinking cool idear for a future project:

the mapper community can create a "town" with different parts, like in thief 3...if the level change is getting better in future it could be possible...

somebody build a part and def some doors on the mapends (special skin f e) where u can change the district...and some body combine this parts together with the "levelchanger"

so everyone can give a part of the city or even down under the city...caves, dungeons...and it become a "open world" one...without a aim at all, or only lokal aims in one district. If there are some new parts the old town have to be updated.

So u can relax the evening on the screen and go a bit grabbing

dont know what other fans (so u) think about this idea and if the levelchange in this way is possible ? But i think so it is more like a thief in this way

EDIT: and this is a "level" which you cant find anywhere alse (levelidea)

After some pm´s and many idears:

7upMan joined the "team" for this FM (which is faster growing than i thought at the beginning )

he is now the story- and textwriter, a beta-mapper in future and maybe he will give a voice for a character.

If somebody want to spend some skills...