The Dark Mod Forums

Johannes' box

Johannes Burock

post-3575-129941968237_thumb.jpg

and now a question, i know ive seen the ans but cant find it anymore:

how can i change the lightcolor of a precreated entity - candle-...which property i have to add? (in the light insp. i cant change anything)

or is this only possible for light ent which are a light on its own?

Thanks

Edited by Johannes Burock

post-3575-129941968237_thumb.jpg

Very cool and props to place the windows correctly into the "fächer" between the beams! :wub: (The only change I'd make is to make the vertical beams *slighly* thinner than the horizontal ones, but that is nitpicking :)

and now a question, i know ive seen the ans but cant find it anymore:

how can i change the lightcolor of a precreated entity - candle-...which property i have to add? (in the light insp. i cant change anything)

or is this only possible for light ent which are a light on its own?

Thanks

Possible with "set spawnargname ON attachementpointname" "value":

http://wiki.thedarkmod.com/index.php?title=Combined_light_entities#Setting_spawnargs

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax

Very cool and props to place the windows correctly into the "fächer" between the beams! :wub: (The only change I'd make is to make the vertical beams *slighly* thinner than the horizontal ones, but that is nitpicking :)

right, missed to fix that for this beam... done that...on the other pic the beems are thinner how you could see...

Johannes, you are totally nuts!!!

I'll go ape when i see all those pictures! smile.gif

Amazing, really amazin... I only hope that the massive usage of brushes/patches will not hold the mission too small (as there is - as far as i know - a limit in entity/worldspawn-count) or kill the playability due to the hunger for hardware...

Anyway, go on please! smile.gif

Edited by Darkman

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think the problem is with the ornament texture but with the texture that's on top of the beam carrying the ornament texture. You probably used rough_wood_brown_ns for it or another rough_wood that ends with ns. Ns stands for no shadows, try a regular one.

And the pics look great.

--ninja'ed--

I didn't make that tex so I'm not sure. It obviously has NoShadows in the mtr file. So we need to fix that.

However, it's possible that there is a Shadow casting AND noshadows version (I made a lot of duplicates that I ended with _ns for no shadow[metals and woods mainly]. They were just to be used with models that have a low poly shadow mesh).

So first check to see it there are two of that texture listed, if so try the other. If not let us know and someone can fix that for a future update. (I don't know of any models that use it, so it should probably just be a shadow casting material).

Dark is the sway that mows like a harvest

You probably used rough_wood_brown_ns for it or another rough_wood that ends with ns.

I didn't think it was as simple as noshadow, but now that I think about it, thats actly what it is. Jo the beam under the 'pegs' has a wood texture that has _ns on the end of it which as Flanders said is 'noshadows'

What are _ns textures for, anyway? Is there any reason to include them?

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

What are _ns textures for, anyway? Is there any reason to include them?

They are used in models that have shadowmeshes, primarily.

You can also make a worldspawn brush "pseudo shadow-mesh" (with any shadowed texture) inside a more ornate worldspawn object that has noshadows (ns) texture on it. :)

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

However, it's possible that there is a Shadow casting AND noshadows version (I made a lot of duplicates that I ended with _ns for no shadow[metals and woods mainly]. They were just to be used with models that have a low poly shadow mesh).

So first check to see it there are two of that texture listed, if so try the other. If not let us know and someone can fix that for a future update. (I don't know of any models that use it, so it should probably just be a shadow casting material).

I guess I didn't explain it clearly the first time as several people asked WHY afterwards

Dark is the sway that mows like a harvest

after playing around for first test for th burial grounds (without bloodraven ^^ for the insiders) here the first try:

http://modetwo.net/d...post__p__252225

it is an old overgrown one.

and a big question:

want to create an ghost light which is flying a patrolway...

i have a light and a (not the best) func_emitter.

ive never done such things here before...so how to combine them and bring em on a patrol way ?

Edited by Johannes Burock

say johannes, are all those pics that you posted in this thread taken from the same map?

i'm wondering how you handle the brush/patch/entity-limits - ever single m² seems to contain hundreds of them blink.gif

ah, by the way, your screenshots become more and more frustrating... every time i look at them, i feel forced to select my own current map and hit the delete-button... sad.gif

Edited by Darkman

say johannes, are all those pics that you posted in this thread taken from the same map?

i'm wondering how you handle the brush/patch/entity-limits - ever single m² seems to contain hundreds of them blink.gif

ah, by the way, your screenshots become more and more frustrating... every time i look at them, i feel forced to select my own current map and hit the delete-button... sad.gif

yes, all from the same map.

@ all: help to the ghost lights?