The Dark Mod Forums

DarkRadiant 1.5.0 available

greebo

DarkRadiant 1.5.0 is finally available as new feature release. Apart from a bunch of bugfixes the most prominent new feature is the particle previewer:

particle_preview01.png

Download DarkRadiant from our website: http://darkradiant.sourceforge.net/

Important: with this release Windows users will need to install a newer redistributable package in order to run this release:

The list of changes can be found on the website: Full list of changes and on our bugtracker changelog.

As usual, please report any bugs or feature requests here in these forums, following these guidelines:

• Bugs (including steps for reproduction) can go directly on the tracker. When unsure about a bug/issue, feel free to ask.
  • Feature requests should be suggested (and possibly discussed) here in these forums before they may be added to the tracker.

As probably not everybody is reading the changelogs, here is the summary of changes:

New Features / Changes

• New Particle Renderer and Preview.
  • Added Reload Particles command.
  • Xreal: PNG support
  • Xreal: support MATERIAL_NAME shaders for ASE models.
  • Xreal: added Xreal game configuration
  • Xreal: configurable archive extension.

Bugfixes

• Fixed: Some 6-sided brushes are saved as 7-sided ones to the .map file (one superfluous plane).
  • Fixed: Copy & Paste doesn't work.
  • Fixed: Readables editor won't let you type a space in the inv_name.
  • Fixed: Crash when opening LWO when sorting textures internally.
  • Fixed: DarkRadiant crashes when closing Readable editor after clicking "XData Name".
  • Fixed: No bumpmaps rendered in lighting mode on newer cards.
  • Fixed: Trouble exporting func_statics with ASE export script.
  • Fixed: Semi-consistent crash after starting new map.
  • Fixed: Description for light/fog textures does not show.
  • Fixed: Clipper not caulking clipped faces consistently.
  • Fixed: Light entity wireframes not updated, don't reflect actual entity, after rotation.
  • Fixed: XY view crash
  • Fixed: func_static part selection issue.

Tweaks

• Create patches in 'axis aligned' orientation.
  • func_splinemover should be created with a default spline curve.
  • Added Reparent primitives to context menu
  • Jump to selected classname (if any) upon clicking "Choose entity class..."

Coding / Internal Design

• Enable compilation in VC++ 2010.
  • After some major refactoring all UI classes have been migrated from GTK+ to its C++ interface gtkmm.
  • Extend IModel interface to provide access to model verts and polys.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah, Fids and other have been experiencing the same thing. It was mentioned in the forums by a fw people a few times. LOL dont tell me no one logged a bug tracker for it..

I knew I forgot to do something over the last few weeks.. <face palm>

nb. essentially whats been happening is entities within the ortho area, objectives editor, entity properties have been renamed to '2'

eg. 'my_secret_ santa' - to - 'my secret_sant2' Its caused no end of grief with rttcv2 and with Fid's Manor Royal.

Edited by Bikerdude

Im the meantime I will try to isolate how exactly it happens..

That's a step in the right direction, I'd say. :) Once I know steps to reproduce I can do something about it without having to spend twice the time researching it myself than it takes to fix the actual bug. When I browse the bugtracker I regularly choose those issue reports with reproduction steps as they fit into smaller chunks of freetime and burn less motivation.

(when I stop feeling tired all the time)

You got a child too? :laugh:

Hi guys.

When i installed DR 1.5 i encountered a problem, that has not been mentioned so far: It seems like the DR-compability-setting (to solve the windows-aero-issue) does not really work anymore. Deactivating the aero-design manually still works, however...

Has anybody else experienced the same problem or has an idea how to solve it?

When i installed DR 1.5 i encountered a problem, that has not been mentioned so far: It seems like the DR-compability-setting (to solve the windows-aero-issue) does not really work anymore.

There is now an option in the DR preferences that makes DR disable the desktop composition automatically upon startup. Check edit > preferences > settings > compatibility...

Edit: Ah, sorry. I just noticed you were already talking about that setting...

When i installed DR 1.5 i encountered a problem, that has not been mentioned so far: It seems like the DR-compability-setting (to solve the windows-aero-issue) does not really work anymore. Deactivating the aero-design manually still works, however...

Has anybody else experienced the same problem or has an idea how to solve it?

Can you confirm that it worked in 1.4.0 but is broken in 1.5.0 on your system?

How do I turn the shaders back on? It was convenient to know what texture the rubble rocks were for instance. Now they don't show up in the preview or in the lighted 3d view.:blink:

Where are the REAL brits?! The one's we have are just brit-ish.

Can you confirm that it worked in 1.4.0 but is broken in 1.5.0 on your system?

Yes, exactly. That's why i downgraded DR from ver. 1.5 to 1.4 again, since i don't need the new features of ver. 1.5 at the moment.

However, really strange that the possibility to disable aero directly in the DR-settings did work since it was implemented but suddenly refuses to work in ver. 1.5... (don't forget that i only talk about MY system)

By the way, my pc runs with win 7 (64 bit) and the correct VC ++

Well, maybe this problem simply vanishes with DR 1.6...

By the way, my pc runs with win 7 (64 bit) and the correct VC ++

Well, maybe this problem simply vanishes with DR 1.6...

Interesting, you're the only report of this being broken. A more detailed list of hardware and if possible graphics driver version would be handy. The problem with Aero only hit people with nVidia + x64, the problem seemed to be related to the driver threading, but it would be interesting if it cropped up elsewhere.

Do you have anything like XFire/Fraps etc which would have an overlay running?

Hmmm

Re : Xreal: support MATERIAL_NAME shaders for ASE models.

How is this being done? I have been playing with my assimp->ase script, however it seems that sometimes it will work fine, but after adding the model to a map it will use default0 as its material, then it will start reading in the MATERIAL_NAME as material for a whole bunch of other similar (but not really) models. It detects the BITMAP correctly at first, but once adds changes to MATERIAL_NAME which it obviously wont find in most cases.

I'll try get it to be a bit more reproducible.

Yes, exactly. That's why i downgraded DR from ver. 1.5 to 1.4 again, since i don't need the new features of ver. 1.5 at the moment.

However, really strange that the possibility to disable aero directly in the DR-settings did work since it was implemented but suddenly refuses to work in ver. 1.5... (don't forget that i only talk about MY system)

I just checked with a fresh compile from source, the preference setting is working fine here.

Note that you also can switch off Desktop Composition manually by editing the DarkRadiant shortcut.

Note that you also can switch off Desktop Composition manually by editing the DarkRadiant shortcut.

That doesn't work for me anymore. With the x86 version, desktop composition is disabled for a short time period, but then reenabled while the splash screen is still active. Only the appropriate setting in the DR preferences works for me. With the x64 version, it doesn't work both ways.

Interesting, you're the only report of this being broken. A more detailed list of hardware and if possible graphics driver version would be handy. The problem with Aero only hit people with nVidia + x64, the problem seemed to be related to the driver threading, but it would be interesting if it cropped up elsewhere.

Do you have anything like XFire/Fraps etc which would have an overlay running?

Nope, i don't have anything like Fraps & Co installed.

The most important specs are...

...CPU:

- Quad Core i750 @ 2,67 Ghz

- 6 Gb RAM

- Windows 7 Home Premium / 64-bit

- DirectX 11

...GPU:

- NVidia GeForce GTX 260 (1792 MB)

- Driver version 8.15.11.8637 (dated 14.07.2009)

• 4 weeks later...

One new thing I'm noticing is that sometimes the "clone" shortcut (spacebar) seems like it turns into an "exit map" shortcut instead. I have something selected, hit space to clone it, but an "if you don't save, you will lose all work since last save" message window pops up instead.