The Dark Mod Forums

Suround Screen gaming:

Bikerdude

Evening

I have borrowed a friend's monitor to test out tri-screen eyefinity on my HD5870, I want to test RTTC at 5040*1050 and see whats its like... he he he ...

I know some got TDMN working on 3 screens, but I cant get ot to play nice, whats the settings in the autoexec file thats needs etc..?

:-)

• 2 weeks later...

Still got this problem Biker?

First step, is to make a display group with all 3 monitors and get that setup with the Catalyst Control Centre

Then, you edit your \doom 3\base\autoexec.cfg file to have

r_mode -1

r_customWidth 5040

r_customHeight 1050

r_mode -1 = nonstandard aspect ratio, the other two set the parameters to use.

Intel Sandy Bridge i7 2600K @ 3.4ghz stock clocks
8gb Kingston 1600mhz CL8 XMP RAM stock frequency
Sapphire Radeon HD7870 2GB FLeX GHz Edition @ stock @ 1920x1080

dosent work, the game needs a hack to fix the aspect ration as its showup the wrong 4:3 aspect ratio in-game. And I dont have 3 monitors anymore, asd the third was borrowed from a friend etc.

But do you have still two monitors? Then you could still test f.i. a "2:1" aspect ratio resolution if I create code that support such resolutions?

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax

To make sure I'm understanding this properly, from what you typed either

1> You put in the autoexec.cfg those lines, and the ingame menu says 4:3 but it is clearly running at the specified parameters resolution values,

OR

2> You put in the autoexec.cfg those lines, it is actually running at 4:3, and the other monitors are either inactive, or mirroring the one displaying, which results in the same picture 3 times.

in the case of #1, ignore what the menu tells you

in the case of #2, your display group may not be active, configured properly, or configured at all

Intel Sandy Bridge i7 2600K @ 3.4ghz stock clocks
8gb Kingston 1600mhz CL8 XMP RAM stock frequency
Sapphire Radeon HD7870 2GB FLeX GHz Edition @ stock @ 1920x1080