The Dark Mod Forums

The 'O' screen

Sotha

O-key is a neat way to bring forth the objectives list (the 'O' screen) in game. The other way to see objectives is to go in the main menu and select objectives in there.

I noticed that the 'O' screen shows the back-button overlapping with the last objective text if the objective does have two lines of text. See the image. I've smudged the objective texts to shield you from spoilers, but you should see what I mean.

7493601.png

If I look the same objective list in the main menu objective list, the back-button is not overlapping with the text and everything looks neat.

I'd say that the 'O' screen and the menu objective screen should be consistent in how much text of objectives they can show. Two full lines of objectives text should definately be available.

The up and down arrows should be moved downwards a bit. Or maybe put them in a row instead of a column? It looks a bit bad when the text overlaps with the button.

Thanks! :)

Clipper

-The mapper's best friend.

The G-spot is the pathway to the Big O

Who is Aprilsister? Oh wait, now I remember! Yeah, she's that chick who's Asian boyfriend's name is Miso Honei, right? With his two sisters Phuk Yu and Phuk Mi.

My Eigenvalue is bigger than your Eigenvalue.

Well, I don't mean to hi-jack the subject of this thread; though a thread is more than seems necessary to raise the issue. It seems like something that could be handed with a bug report, but just in case...

I'm excusing my "off topic"..ness... by asserting that I'm "bumping" the thread with this continued nonsense!

That YT site is bizarre,

1. Because it does prove that nothing can't be found in 2 entirely unrelated instances on the www...

2. And there is another coincidence, aside from the name thing, that the YT site also holds. A 1:365 coincidence!

Anyway here is an intentionally cropped and blurry picture of my inspiration for my incarnation:

aprilsister0.jpg

I always get headaches when trying to follow your line of thought. Is that the language barrier or the make-sense barrier?

My Eigenvalue is bigger than your Eigenvalue.

I always get headaches when trying to follow your line of thought. Is that the language barrier or the make-sense barrier?

I don't get headaches, but I am usually quite confused and aprilsisters posts often deepen my confusion.

What does that image have to do with anything? I only ask because I am interested how confusing the answer might be... It would truly be a surprise if the answer was purely concise, clear and meaningful. ;)

Clipper

• 2 weeks later...

For the record, it was Fukuyu and Fukumi. They were Japanese girls.

It's unconfirmed if they've ever been to Phuket, though.

Lol, this thread is a wreck.

Anyway just go to the .gui page in the gui .pk4, find the file name of those arrows (something like nextarrow.jpg and prevarrow.jpg), and in the box defining their positions there are 4 numbers, the x,y value of the top-left corner, and the length & height in pixels. So all you want to do is add about 12 to the 2nd number for each arrow and that'll fix it. Someone will get to it for 1.05. Somebody make an entry in the bug tracker so it doesn't get missed.

What do you see when you turn out the light? I can't tell you but I know that it's mine.

Anyway just go to the .gui page in the gui .pk4, find the file name of those arrows (something like nextarrow.jpg and prevarrow.jpg), and in the box defining their positions there are 4 numbers, the x,y value of the top-left corner, and the length & height in pixels. So all you want to do is add about 12 to the 2nd number for each arrow and that'll fix it. Someone will get to it for 1.05. Somebody make an entry in the bug tracker so it doesn't get missed.

Tracked here:

http://bugs.angua.at/view.php?id=2672

Also added additional info on why this is not easy to fix.

(Actually, I was wrong, the info that looks like it is shared between the menu and the ingame screen seems to be used only once by the ingame screen, and the menu screen redefines everything else. Ugh).

Btw, can some admin please delete all the silly offtopic posts from this thread?

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax

This should be fixed now, Sotha, can you please test?

I made new versions of our buttons (higher resolution, plus a lit version), added a mouse-over effect + sound, and arranged them side-by-side and put them down so they do not cross (hopefully) into the text.

Things that are todo (but I am sick of GUI work now):

* the new graphics should be converted to DDS (Not really important as they are so tiny)

* the objective rectangles are not only defined twice (the main menu uses different definitions than the ingame GUI), but also they all (almost) have different offsetts. Or in other words, the space between objetive 1 and objective 2 differs from the space between 2 and 3, sometimes quite a lot. That should be straightened.

* dynamically adjusting the size of the objects (no more empty spaces, probably needs code support)

* we have the same old next/prev buttons for some other purposes, they are still the old versions. We should only have one set of graphics and use it in both cases

Anyway, the reported problem should be better now.

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

Unable to test until the new version comes out.

Basically if someone with SVN plays the transaction mission and sees no overlapping of the objective text in the endgame where all objectives are visible, the issue should be cleared.

Clipper

Unable to test until the new version comes out.

Basically if someone with SVN plays the transaction mission and sees no overlapping of the objective text in the endgame where all objectives are visible, the issue should be cleared.

Haven't made it that far, but I think it should work:

post-144-129942137458_thumb.jpg

post-144-12994213602_thumb.jpg

Haven't made it that far, but I think it should work:

post-144-129942137458_thumb.jpg

post-144-12994213602_thumb.jpg

But... Those are the menu objective lists. They were okay as stated in the first post.

The problem was with the 'O'-screen, the objective list which comes on screen like a readable ingame. Not in the menu, the game is running while you look at the 'o' objective list. I think the default for that is button 'O.'

Clipper

But... Those are the menu objective lists. They were okay as stated in the first post.

The problem was with the 'O'-screen, the objective list which comes on screen like a readable ingame. Not in the menu, the game is running while you look at the 'o' objective list. I think the default for that is button 'O.'

Right. :) I already had changed the "o" screen, it seems to be better now:

post-144-129944055529_thumb.jpg

Although the arrows need to be shifted a bit left to be center of the "Objectives" text, where the red line is. Will do so now. Done. Also moved them a few pixels down, so that even with three lines there is hopefully no overlap.

Right. :) I already had changed the "o" screen, it seems to be better now:

post-144-129944055529_thumb.jpg

Although the arrows need to be shifted a bit left to be center of the "Objectives" text, where the red line is. Will do so now.

Yeah, after that it's gonna be perfect! Nice job! :)

Clipper