The Dark Mod Forums

Chalice of Kings

maxrebo6

I am stuck on the chalice of kings and can not find the key to the library I have knocked out the guy.That the dude with the officers quarters key on him right because I can't not find a second key on him or am I picking one up.I have loaded a previous save before I KOed him and still no key.Is this a glitch I love this level so much so far I wanna see it through to the end so any help you can give in helping get this key so I can finish would beyond awesome. Help a fellow taffer out.

Welcome to the forum max. First of all the best place to start looking for your answer would be to go to the Chalice of Kings thread. Most of the time your answer can be found there or you can ask. It also keeps the forum 'tidy'. I had a quick look for you and this is what I found:

Mudgeon the guy in the grand bedroom upstairs has it. He has 2 keys by the way

Hope you'll be able to finish it now :D

Glad you're enjoying it. It's another guy

Mudgeon, the old noble looking man, who has the key in the bedroom round the corner with the double 4-poster bed. He has two keys.

(remember spoilers btw. They are in 'Other Styles' drop down in the full editor.)

Its not the Blond,So is it the beared man that looks like he has a hood that I found staring at storeroom near the door with the note attached? I will check his KO'ed body and flip him over using the pick up body function to see if I can find it

I checked the regular chalice of kings forums but couldn't find anyone else with my problem but it seems I have the wrong guy, I will have to look again to see if I can find the key.

See my post above. :)

Is that bedroom right after you arrive on the second floor from the elevator because there was no one in that room. The only 2 people I can think it can be,the blond with officer quarters key or the older looking man with what looks like a hood and I have check all over both knocked out bodies and there was no second key on the blond or any key on the other guy. There are only a few places I haven't been,the armory,the room with the chalice since the gate is locked,the double doors on the second floor which from what I hear is the library and a double door on the 1st floor in hallway not the one across from where the crown is.The rest of the npc's were guards and the cook.Do you have picture of Mudgeon or is it a glitch. What should I do?I have no clue what to do at this point, I have beaten thieves den,tears of st lucia and citadel all without trouble so I don't know what to do know I check all over the place several times and nothing.

Edited by maxrebo6

I couldn't find another bedroom I even used the lantern there is the empty fancy bedroom with the wood walls,the officers quaters,guard quarters,the room with the purse behind the brick and thats it.Then there are the double doors,the armory door and the door to the staircase and the elevator.So I either KOed mudgeon or I am experiencing a strange glitch. A picture of the room or mudgeon would be help in determining whether I found it or KOed and if he is one of the bodies I searched several times

I don't understand.

What does logic, reason, and the information I have given you tell you where the bedroom is?

2. I have already stated that the bedroom you want is beyond the first one past the elevator on Floor 2 and it's round a corner.
  3. All the bedrooms are on the same floor.
  4. They are all behind doors.
  5. You have not been through all the doors.
  6. So you haven't found the bedroom.
  7. So that should tell you that the bedroom you want is where?
  8. Beyond the doors you've not been through yet.
  9. The ones around the corner from the first bedroom.
  10. Solution: Go through the doors you've not been through yet.

I don't really understand the problem. It's a bedroom. It's where I told you it was. Around the corner from the first bedroom that is just past the elevator.

Tip: It's a bedroom. It's on Floor 2. It is the second bedroom from the elevator. It's behind doors. So it's the doors that are round the corner from the first bedroom near the elevator. It's dark and shadowy. It's round a corner. Floor 2. Where all the bedrooms are.

Did I mention it's on the same floor as all the other bedrooms? And it's round a corner? Just round from the first bedroom. The one that's near the elevator.

Perhaps I'm not explaining it very well. Let me try again.

It's a bedroom. It's on Floor 2. In British terms that would be what we call the first floor. The one above the ground floor. If you go up the elevator and turn right there is the first bedroom with a double bed in it. That is not the correct room. Go past that room and go round the corner.

Another thing. Apart from the armory the only other doors on that floor all lead to bedrooms. Are there any doors you've not been through yet? Likely the bedroom is on the other side then.

Eureka! I've got an idea. Why not try those doors you've not been through? Maybe the bedroom is through there.

There are only 2 doors I haven't been through on the second floor which are the armory and a pair of double doors around the corner from that bedroom but both doors are locked and you cannot use the lockpicks on either and non of the keys I have will unlock it. Never mind I went back to that set of double doors and now the picks worked on it and I beat the level,thanks for the help.I can't believe what the issue was something so mundane has for some reason the picks didn't work first time I tried it,my bad,that and I mistook that for the door to the library and knew that door needed a key so I wasn't giving that door a second look.I am sorry for the trouble but the better I get the less likely problems like this are to occur.Thanks for the help everybody.

Edited by maxrebo6

• 2 years later...

While in text file briefing looks ok:

Last year in the Weavers' Arms, Sam, my informant, described plans for a raid on a tomb of the Ancients - King Aldreth's Crypt. He finished ''Farrell, only you can do this job.'' But an old thief adventurer called Mudgeon overheard and got there first. He sold the plunder and retired to a small, well-guarded house in the Bellworth district. He kept Aldreth's crown and a vessel called The Chalice of Kings, handed down from sovereign to sovereign for centuries. I have a worthless stage crown; maybe I can do a switch. There is also said to be a death mask. Such artifacts fetch high prices.

Mudgeon was a no-guild amateur and way out of line. I've given him time to relax his guard. I intend to take full advantage.

ingame last word is cut:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5020311/Share/TheDarkMod%202013-10-21%2010-31-55-50.jpg