The Dark Mod Forums

The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim

7upMan

Guess i was wrong, heard somewhere a dev said you could only level to 50, but mathmatically it was 70, whatever that means.

But I leveled up to 53 now by spamming 'muffle' spell as I walked to a destination. And I got perks each level up.

Dark is the sway that mows like a harvest

lol, I have experienced 1 quest bug that has made me use console.

There's a cave that if you go in before the quest takes you there makes the ai get stuck at a 'door' that you have already opened.

And horses disappear. And sometimes my shout hotkey doesn't work until I reselect it in menu.

So TONS of bugs?

And what's so bad about the AI really? Sure, they don't give out handjobs. But really are they much better in any game? It's not like they have serious flaws, the biggest complaint is their speech is too repetitive, but that's just being whiney that there's not enough 'content'.

This game is less buggy than Oblivion. It has less/same amount of repetitive speech as Oblivion (I feel like they hide most of it by getting rid of random conversations). It was patched faster than Oblivion, although 1.2 makes it require Steam to run. The best thing to bitch about now is the construction set, and even that is supposed to be released less than 4 days from now.

Edited by jaxa

lol, I have experienced 1 quest bug that has made me use console.

There's a cave that if you go in before the quest takes you there makes the ai get stuck at a 'door' that you have already opened.

And horses disappear. And sometimes my shout hotkey doesn't work until I reselect it in menu.

So TONS of bugs?

And what's so bad about the AI really? Sure, they don't give out handjobs. But really are they much better in any game? It's not like they have serious flaws, the biggest complaint is their speech is too repetitive, but that's just being whiney that there's not enough 'content'.

oh come on, it can't be my bad luck. In many walkthrough videos I saw bugs. I don't even say money & experience bugs. I don't know if there is a patch now for them. Here a nice collection of most commons for you. Most of bugs are releated with AI already.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F84oQejFvss

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5_O4u1F9As

Edited by SiyahParsomen

Well, you're looking at bugs collected on the internet, of course you will see more that way. And I'm sure you'll see that many for any game of this size if you look. If you don't those games seem bug free.

I'm speaking from my gameplay time. Those are the only bugs I've experienced. 3. Hardly worth the time making a fuss about.

Seriously, I haven't see this much bug in any game I have ever played. This is game is not well tested obviously. Besides, as I said I saw bugs in walkthroughs first. So, I digged these bug videos after that. Looks like people doesn't care them and enjoy the game. I got new visions after this about gaming industry and making games. ;)

If you want to find bugs, you will.. But if you are just a normal player enjoing the game you will meet just 3 or 4 of them and those are really non game breaking bugs.. I found the hig flying bug after being killed by giant, AIs speeking with you for a short time entered the house and breaked conversation (only one that can bother you a bit), a few floating rocks below the surface (but I really like exploring, you will not find them near routes etc..), and some unexpectadly moving object (like the cart in the video..).

So far Ive been playing for more than 30 hours and still having fun, so a considere the game well worth of my money. Plus mods in the future, wich will be definitely amazing.

I dont thing that dungeons are too boring.. Yes there is a loth of them and sometimes you just go in, kill everyone and get out, but there is enoug of interestin ones (following ghoosts from the past, solving rebuses, detecting the traps, following someone, finding tresure hunters inside etc, etc..). Also the enviroment is relly nice. Yes, the nordic crypts are a bit repetetive, but you can foud giant caves, streems, even trees inside the caves, dwemer ruins, old castles, underwater structures, icy tunnels.. Everything is looking really good..

I have to say that the game is really good and everyone should at lesth try it. But again, that is just my opinion.

He was sneeking silently in the night, moonlight was his enemy.

(Im not a native speaker, sorry for all miscleanous caused by my english..)

That actually sounds awesome. :D

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

the only bug I got was while stealthed going through a chest in my house and a guard who suddenly appeared behind me arresting me for taking a iron ingot out of the chest, I just paid the 40 gold fine and he went away.

I noticed that if an NPC passes you near a doorway and they try to talk to you, they walk with you when you enter an interior cell and stay there for a few seconds. That might be what happened.

Yeah, I was rocketed in to space by a giant too.

And I did jump up on a basket in a corner once and fell through the floor, then teleported back to where I was.

Found a few spots in caves where the rock models didn't seal the void so you can see skybox behind them.

OK, so maybe more than 3 glitches, still pretty minor.

... It was patched faster than Oblivion, although 1.2 makes it require Steam to run....

What does this mean? I have to be online to play? Because I've avoided patching because Steam is blocked where I play at the school library (where I work), so if it had to validate with steam online every time I play I wouldn't be able to play!!! So I'll stick with non-patched if that's the case.

shadowdark50.gif keep50.gif

You dont need to be online.. You can run Steam in offline mode and start Skyrim normaly.

But if you are not expectating any big bigs, wait with installing this patch, seems like it adds some new bugs, like dragons flying backward=)

http://kecy.roumen.cz/roumingShow.php?file=Brilliant_idea_Todd.jpg

Edited by PPoe

He was sneeking silently in the night, moonlight was his enemy.

(Im not a native speaker, sorry for all miscleanous caused by my english..)

I think I'll wait on the update till the next one, because I've read of too many problems, the biggest being resistances being broken. I'm just not quite convinced to change my game that, for me, works fine

shadowdark50.gif keep50.gif

I've now had unlootable corpses, dragons 3 of them flying backwards away from me until they went out of sight, a drunk dragon that flew into trees, and a dragon that got killed by a bear, dragon ignored me, whacked the bear about a bit, so the bear killed it, used my animal taming shout to get rid of bear.