The Dark Mod Forums

...Melan

Aprilsister

AS, I don't know what your problem is? you have been quite helpfull for the most part. But this is not ttlg, the reason I and other don't frequent that forum for the most part is due to this kind of bollox.

Melan is an asset to this community and I would be extremely angry if because of your attitude he no longer wanted to spend the large amounts of his personal time making maps for us.

So please do me a big favour, adjust your attitude.

I don't get why any anonymous poster would get all that heated about another anonymous poster's opinion. Though I have tried to defend myself when my logic looked flawed on more than one occasion. I guess it's human nature.

I just see that Aprilsister is a rabid fan of this mod but is way too aggressive and disparaging to Thief fans. I think having someone defend the mod when it's criticized for somehow "not living-up to Thief" is alright to a degree but the virulent hostility is uncalled for. I hate to make this analogy but it's as if she is a loyal pit-bull that scares away friends and neighbors.

Melan was right to comment that Aprilsister's hostility does not reflect this community.

As for Shadowhide's perception of this place, I will say outright that while I rant and rave about The Dark Mod, I know where it comes from. There is no reason to put-down Thief. The only thing Thief that this community occasionally gets worked-up about is Thief: Deadly Shadows. (But even TTLG isn't unanimously celebrating that game). I don't think it's the worst game out there, I just prefer what is being done here.

All that said, I really need to play more Thief and would gladly do so if the time were afforded. :)

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

At the risk of being told to "go **** myself", I would like to say the following to the topic creator. Please, just chill out and RELAX. These are Internet forums. People occasionally make snide remarks about other users (either indirectly or directly). You should not take these things so personal. Don't let it ruin your day. If you need to take a break, then take one. If you need to go outside and walk/get some fresh air, then go for it.

--- War does not decide who is right, war decides who is left.

Guy with the Aidakeeley/Aprilsister/Natalie persona, can you post a photo of yourself, preferrably when you're mad? You know, I'd really like to see you foaming out of your mouth when Tourette hits you again. Such a photo would make an instant hit on Failblog and can be made fun about on Demotivationals.

Oh, and can I go fuck myself too?

My Eigenvalue is bigger than your Eigenvalue.

BD, this is a guy. And a guy with Tourette, I must add. No female I've ever encountered was this... rabid (?) and through the roof. Or rather, those who were couldn't have articulated themselves like Aida-Sister-Natty usually does. Still, what makes me wonder is that YouTube video of an "Aprilsister". Very disturbing, this.

http://forums.thedarkmod.com/topic/11361-aidakeeleys-musings/page__view__findpost__p__222795

So... instead let us ponder a soothing visual...

Every good buoy does float.

Unless Aprilsister is just channeling his Aida's spirit, the above Aidakeeley quote does seem to say "boy"?

(The very next post Aida describes his\her musings as "madman mutterings"...) :unsure:

In short, beware of Lola Bikerdude, you should probably go fishing elsewhere to score some FM addicted ladies... :laugh:

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

BD, this is a guy. [...] No female I've ever encountered was this... rabid (?) and through the roof. [...]

Yes, there is a good chance, that Aprilsister's gender is male. Female beings often do not express in the shown way...

However, i'm surprised that such a "war" could occur in a thief-related (!) community. And by now, it's not only aprilsister anymore who uses unacceptable expressions...

Just calm down, that means all of you. Leave senseless flames, where they belong to: The World of Warcraft-forums!

Edited by Darkman

I must say that I'm pretty disappointed of not getting a "fuck off" too, although I pretty much explicitly said to her in another topic how annoying she was.

Anyway drama, pressure, medication problems, etc. etc. Yay for balanced individuals.

I just wonder that AidaKeeley's next name will be. Or maybe he already hinted it and in a few weeks a "Natalie" will wander into the TDM forums to post the same "unnerving irrelevance". Well, we'll see...

Threads like these should be immediately closed or deleted and a warning or even ban should be given to the creators of those threads. This has nothing to do with censorship, but with common forum policies, maturity and general politeness. Nobody should be even tempted to dive in on the flaming and just ignore it, especially those not directly involved...