The Dark Mod Forums

Fan Mission: St Alban's Cathedral [updated] version 1.6 (13/03/2011)

Bikerdude

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, now that the player actually makes noise when mantling in 1.08, it's so grating to see him mantle silently.

Wow, now that the player actually makes noise when mantling in 1.08, it's so grating to see him mantle silently.

The silence of most of the jumping was a bit weird. (Don't make him too noisy tho...)
Heh, it wasnt intentional - I didnt think you could jump that far :-)
There were lots and lots of times when I couldn't. :smile: I really liked the bits it looked like I was gonna fall but seemed to grab the strut at the very last moment. Climbing/mantling is one of my favourite bits of TDM, and when I saw that array of poles going across the cathedral, I knew I had to conquer them.

Anyway - back to trying to find St Alban's remains....

as it happens one of the clues is in the part of the cathedral: hint - look up..
Got there and finished. Great mission - finding the remains of St Alban was the only bit I wasn't too keen on:

not a big fan of puzzles, nor switches that trigger something a long way away :angry:

but everything else was great. Killed my first haunt in hand-to-hand combat :o ; the sewers were really atmospheric, and I must still have loads of places to explore as I was 3000 short of total loot. And being able to do that swing-vaulting thing - :wub: ....thanks again BD.

• 4 months later...

I've found nastiness, like 3 ladders that don't let you climb out which is kind of immersion breaking if it looks like you logically can within arms reach but you you just fall to the bottom and take damage :/

Apart from that and the really obscure clue for the tomb

(me no speaky latin)

, It was one of the most beautiful and well paced FM's I've played :) and boy the

ghost revenants

took me by surprise :blink:

I liked the level design for the most part, and some tough searching for the vault key... nice :)

The tavern, to tough for me, that damned noble men and him seeing me through that coloured glass window when I can't seem to see him :/

The difficulty was fairly up there only for the objectives and I think there was enough guards seeing as the areas are not so much big but long, quite a few hallways that fit into the whole builder thing of being simple and practical for all those bedrooms. Though I would have liked more to find in them like readables and such.

It seems theres alot more loot than meets the eye to...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Hey guys,

i played this mission yesterday, and while i found it great in most parts, there's a couple of things i couldn't figure out for the hell of it:

There is a chest in the basement of the cathedral, in the room next to the door which leads to the tomb, and i couldn't find the key for it.

Can i steal the caduceus in the cathedral? Tried to break the glass with the blackjack, sword and arrows, none of them did work. Maybe i'm just being silly though, and you can't steal it at all. <_<

3. Couldn't figure out the inventor's room thing at all.

If i had not read that he has a guest room in the cathedral, i wouldn't have known at all where to look for it.

Apart from that, great work, i especially enjoyed the town part, it's awesome. :)

@ TheUnbeholden:

The trick is to enter the tavern from below, the sewers. It is perfectly possible to steal the money from the counter as well then, without the noble man and the woman even seeing you. Btw big lol @ the noble man shouting "Guards, protect me!" when he sees you. :laugh:

Edited by chk772

There is a chest in the basement of the cathedral, in the room next to the door which leads to the tomb, and i couldn't find the key for it.

Can i steal the caduceus in the cathedral? Tried to break the glass with the blackjack, sword and arrows, none of them did work. Maybe i'm just being silly though, and you can't steal it at all. <_<

3. Couldn't figure out the inventor's room thing at all.

If i had not read that he has a guest room in the cathedral, i wouldn't have known at all where to look for it.

Apart from that, great work, i especially enjoyed the town part, it's awesome. :)

@ TheUnbeholden:

The trick is to enter the tavern from below, the sewers. It is perfectly possible to steal the money from the counter as well then, without the noble man and the woman even seeing you. Btw big lol @ the noble man shouting "Guards, protect me!" when he sees you. :laugh:

1. if you mean the one in the

'treasure room'

you need the key for it.

2. no that one is a fake, the real one is

in the tombs

3. you have to put something on the bed in the that room.

1. if you mean the one in the

'treasure room'

you need the key for it.

2. no that one is a fake, the real one is

in the tombs

3. you have to put something on the bed in the that room.

Thanks, actually found no.3 myself now, i feel a bit stupid. There's hints all over the room. :blush:

At no.2: Ok, then i probably already have it. :)

Can't really find

the key to the chest in the treasure room though, also i found another door i couldn't unlock, when you're standing in front of the tavern, and turn right, you go up some stairs/doorway, and at the end there is a locked door.

Also i found another door i couldn't unlock, when you're standing in front of the tavern, and turn right, you go up some stairs/doorway, and at the end there is a locked door.

You unlock that door from inside with a key, to get into that room think high and roof jumping..